Thread: Password problems with Humax 1100s freesat receiver

Thanks

Password problems with Humax 1100s freesat receiver

Following Virgins decision to drop the UKTV 10 programmes I purchased a Humax 1100s HD Tv Freesat box to avoid earache from my wife. The problem I have is it will not accept my router password. I just get "Sorry, you gave used an incorrect password" None of my other equipment has this problem and that includes a Manhattan Freesat box which cost half the price! I have to use freesat because my terrestrial signal is the pits. Does anyone know if there is a problem with Humax equipment or have just got a rouge box.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    You don't need to connect to the internet, for FTA, Free To Air, satellite channels, and there are only a few freesat channels, that require a card, or line.
    Can you please supply more information:
    Are you using the inbuilt WiFi, and trying to connect to your router using the routers WiFi password?
    If so does it recognize your router, when scanning for wireless connections?
    Have you tried connecting using an ethernet cable?
    Have you double checked that your password is correct, and that you've selected the correct network?

Thanks
    The box works fine for tv programmes but needs to connect to the router so it can receive On Demand Services. The box is only to be used on the small tv in the bedroom because we can not get terrestrial tv and it needs to be simple so that my wife can use it! I have tried connecting by both WiFi and a ethernet cable but with the same result "sorry you have used an incorrect password". Yes the box does recognize the router so that is not a problem. as for the password I know it is correct everything in the house uses it. (mobile phones, Samsung tv, Computers ect). I have just borrowed a Manhattan Freesat box and that connects using wifi perfectly. Think the solution is to return the Humax and get myself a Manhattan box. I do not need to use a box elsewhere in the house as the Samsung TV has built in Freesat and I can also get everything I need via my Vu+ box.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    You don't need a password, when using a cable, so the error message seems strange, unless the password protection is inbuilt, like a parental password, to stop children accessing the controls.
    Did the receiver come with a users manual?
    If noit there might be one online, manufacturers usually provide a PDF version.

Found a video setup guide, on the Humax website, and according to them you should have everything set up in a few minutes.
    Code:
    https://uk.humaxdigital.com/product/hdr-1100s/
    Last edited by Mickha; 26-07-2018 at 12:34 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (26-07-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    If you still have a problem, try a factory reset.

You don't say whether it is a new box or second-hand, the only thing I can think of is that it still has an old password stuck in it.

Thanks
    It was a brand new box. I tried to get some help from Humax but they didn't respond. I have returned the box and purchased a Manhattan SX. Much more basic but it connected to my wifi straight away so my wife can now watch her favorite channels that a certain cable provider decided to stop and replace with more American rubbish. Seriously thinking about kicking them into touch altogether!

Thanks
    Just had an email from Humax that explains my password problem. Their system only allows up to 10 characters and must not contain special characters such as commas or full stops. My password fails on all of these accounts. Seems odd they do not tell you this in the Instruction Manual! This is the first piece of equipment I have had that has had this restriction and there is a fair bit around the house. I guess when the tele gives up on us, and it is getting on a bit, I will replace it with one that has freesat built in.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rabbitseggs For This Useful Post:

saintomer1866 (29-07-2018)