Thread: Spiderbox HD9000 please help.

Thanks

Icon3 Spiderbox HD9000 please help.

Hi my Spiderbox HD9000 starts behaving very strange recently, sometimes is working fine, then sometimes I cannot watch anything as it's scrambling a lot.

My first question is:
    Spiderbox HD6000 is it working with IKS?
    Is it better than HD9000?, it has build-in WiFi and USB on the front panel which is helpful.

Secondly:
    Now I will describe what happened recently to my setup, I am hoping someone can advise.

I have moved to the new house few weeks ago, on my old address I was using triax satellite dish with motor, my spiderbox settings reflect this as motor section was ON with USALS and longitude and latitude populated.
    All was working perfectly fine for nearly 5 years.
    Then at new address I have decided to get rid of the motor as I wasn't use it much.
    Installed the same triax satellite dish on the wall without the motor, connected the cable directly from lnb to the box and all was working perfectly fine for a week.
    I decided to look into the settings and realised that motor section is still on, I have turn it off and since then I have got problems.
    As soon as I have turned off the motor section my signal and quality gone to 0%, I was like wtf?
    I have backed up my channel list and then reset the box to factory settings and used IKS patch to make it working again.
    Signal and quality back normal but a lot of channels still not working (scrambling)
    Even if the channels are working mostly for few minutes then signal is going to 0% for 0.5s and then back to normal.

After factory reset I have installed a patch and then without restoring channel list I have looked to the network settings after 1111 for some reason my licence key was still there, no idea why? I thought factory reset will erase everything?

I don't have any clue what might be the reason and how to correct this.

Any help would be appreciate it.
    Thanks guys!

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    I had two of these boxes and they started to drop of the pace after 4 or 5 years of use, On one box I replaced all the capacitors on the power supply and the box worked well again but it was a tedious and fairly expensive job.

In the end I decided to switch to the 6000 which only needed a cheapo 12v supply if it went wrong, (which it didn't) which also works on the Hitech as well.

The 9000 box probably gave out sooner than it should have because I used to leave it on 24 hours a day and night, I should have switched it off at the mains at night.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyO For This Useful Post:

echelon (23-07-2018)

Thanks
    Hi I am still using my 9000 HD with IKS all working okay, used most days still a brilliant box now had it eight years. These receiver can suffer from heat problems so advisable to clean the dust out from bottom of receiver and also keep vents dust free top and sides. My 3 LNBs are now over 10years old but still working, possible they have lost some strength a few channels do freeze now and again but will leave well alone as it still works okay. A couple of times lately I had to reboot my home-plugs as all was scrabbled on the 9000 but cleared okay after that.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to johnhenry For This Useful Post:

captainglassback (23-07-2018), echelon (23-07-2018), port06 (02-12-2018)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Without a motor the motor setting should make no difference to the performance of the dish or box really. Its best to have it set to off so you dont get the moving to messages as the box assumes you have a motor attached to USALS. The factory reset does not erase your IKS key even if you rebuild it from scratch...same as the 6000HD box , although the key may change to all zeros but will still work. Your problem could be faulty cables/lnb/dish aligment or network. You could try a dfferent box to eliminate the causes...If you get same problems on second box then its not the box in my opinion....

Regards

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KARABANGA For This Useful Post:

echelon (23-07-2018)

Thanks
    Hi,

Thank you for all suggestions.

I'd have to check with other box then, anyone knows if the HD6000 will work with IKS?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi..IKS is still working fine on the 6000HD but Mscam is still down as far as i am aware....Regards

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    My brothers using MSCAM and it works ok most of the time, there was a problem awhile back when the server data base or some other problem and most subscribers had to be given new key numbers, most peeps got it back working again.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyO For This Useful Post:

KARABANGA (13-08-2018)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Thanks for the info...have to investigate as my Mscam from 3 months ago is still not working...i tend to use Cccam nowadays as its more reliable and cheaper.....Regards

Thanks
    Thanks again guys!

My IKS key expires in next few weeks, I have been wondering if theres anything better out there more reliable ? I am using 13e most of the time.

Any suggestion would help to make my mind. I could possibly stay on HD9000 but go for other key. Or I could change a box if necessary to get more reliable service.

Thanks.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Better streaming deals to be had, sat cards have been clobbered over the years and servers have struggled, servers streaming seem much easier to keep running and rarely go down for long.

Thanks
    What you guys using? I am wondering of what might be better than IKS out there?
    Last edited by megabyte4u; 17-08-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi.. To be honest if you want you are better off getting a Spider 6000HD box with IPTV facility where you can add your own free channels from the web and you can use IKS or Mscam or Ccc** which i use a lot and is very reliable and cheap.
    You have to remember though that it dont matter which box you have nowadays things can change from day to day . Its best to have a box that gives you IPTV functions. Regards

17. The Following User Says Thank You to KARABANGA For This Useful Post:

lonewolfe (18-08-2018)