Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S1700chd

Thanks

S1700chd

First post, thanks for letting me join.
    I recently bought the Icecrypt S1700CHD, having originally planned on getting the 1600 at the last minute I switched to the 1700 because it has a 12v feed and suitable for the campervan. I now regret buying it as there is little mention of it anywhere and certainly no firmware upgrades I've seen. I wanted it for Intelsat 907 which now looks unlikely. I had no idea when I bought it that Icecrypt was now defunct. So where do I go from here? What receiver should I get to replace this one? TIA

Verified Registered User mark666's Avatar
    Thanks
    More info needed...

What channels are you looking for, I take it you want uk Freeview?
    What area are you in?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    He wants the English channels, on 27.5W, as he stated Intelsat 907.
    I'm sure some Icecrypt owners will be able to help you, as soon as they view the thread.
    Last edited by Mickha; 25-06-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks
    i'd like to know too!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tellysatvallas View Post
    i'd like to know too!
    Dont waste your time no support.

Thanks
    because Icecrypt no longer trading? can you suggest another suitable box around same price range?
    thanks.

Thanks
    I have ac***ulated a few boxes capable of what you are looking for, 12v, small & low consumption with remote ir sensor etc. Edision Prgressiv Nano (with or without wifi), Edision Picollini LED 3in1 with software readily available. I also have a Technomate 5402 M2 ( can record 3 progs and watch a 4th on Intelsat 907) still going strong but would require an inverter to power up and uses more of your precious battery power. I usually use the Nano as you can record 2 channels and watch a 3rd, with the right software version, on Intelsat 907. I also have a Linux box, but they are more tedious to set up as (manic01 may remember on another forum). The Edision range have a few more models which will do the job but you won't go far wrong with a EDISION Progressiv NANO and is within your (Icecrypt) price range. Hope this helps.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lespat For This Useful Post:

tellysatvallas (11-09-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    TM5402 M3 has ir and can be hidden.
    TM Mini very small size of an iphone can also do 27e also has ir.
    If you just want 27w dont bother with linux.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I have used the 1600chd and worked but now use the 5402 m3 works well and very easy to install and maintain
    In my opinion easier than the icecrypt and has IPTV capabilities that work unlike the 1600chd
    Excellent
    Last edited by valparra; 11-09-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Thanks
    thanks lespat.. i assumed the cheaper boxes wouldn't be up to the job, i'm just looking to get basic uk tv over here in spain without the hassles of internet based 'solutions'.
    you might have saved me a few quid!

Thanks
    Only internet required is to download the updated software and make sure the keys are correct. Rest is fairly "easy". Hardest bit is pointing your dish at the correct satellite. If I don't find it straight away, I look for Hispisat (30W) which is a strong signal, then move back slightly and fine tune 907. I have used a 50cm dish all the way down through France, Spain, and Portugal but a 60cm dish is better for good weather. On bad cloudy days or rainy days I switch to an 80cm which copes with most situations. When its not windy, I put up my 85cm crank-up roof top dish. What is your set-up? when travelling.

P.S. Technomate 5402 is an excellent box, but I find uses more of our precious 12v. when run through an inverter. Just my experiences travelling in a campervan to Portugal for the last 10 years.
    Last edited by lespat; 12-09-2018 at 10:42 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lespat For This Useful Post:

echelon (17-09-2018)

Thanks
    hi there, i'm not the traveller (wish I was sometimes!) i'm in southern spain permanently.

i have a 130cmx120cm dish that i installed 10 years ago and served me well for uk freesat channels until Astra 2E changes in 2014.

i am an i.t. pro by trade but have worked in cable and satellite in uk and have done some sat installs in spain in the past.

since then have used various internet based methods but I find now that they either get shut down for legal reasons or suffer the curse of buffering (usuallly at key points in the plot of a tv show or film!

i can get a Edision Picollini LED for about 50 euros here so will give that a try.

cheers.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to tellysatvallas For This Useful Post:

echelon (17-09-2018)

Thanks
    tellysatvallas - My mistake, I thought you were the original poster (just re-read). Edision Picollini LED works well at home also and allows connection of a digital aerial. When tuning in terrestrial progs, you select Local Channel Numbering for your area. (sat-soft.net/index.php/97-piccollino-3in1-led/98-software) will get you the latest file to sort you out. Other stuff is in there somewhere if you decide to go for another model of EDISION. The descriptions tell you what they are capable of.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lespat For This Useful Post:

manic01 (13-09-2018)

Thanks
    thanks again lespat! appreciate your help.

Thanks
    p.s. excuse my lack of knowledge but would i need to look elsewhere for biss codes?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tellysatvallas View Post
    p.s. excuse my lack of knowledge but would i need to look elsewhere for biss codes?
    Yes look here: https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?234-Biss

and try reading the forum.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

echelon (17-09-2018)

Thanks
    Pretty sure that the current BISS codes you need for 907 are already in the latest software.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to lespat For This Useful Post:

echelon (17-09-2018)

Thanks
    ''and try reading the forum'' - well that told me

wish i had the time!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tellysatvallas For This Useful Post:

holmroad (17-12-2018), manic01 (17-09-2018)

Thanks
    he had a point.. 'r.t.f.m.'

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lespat View Post
    I have ac***ulated a few boxes capable of what you are looking for, 12v, small & low consumption with remote ir sensor etc. Edision Prgressiv Nano (with or without wifi), Edision Picollini LED 3in1 with software readily available. I also have a Technomate 5402 M2 ( can record 3 progs and watch a 4th on Intelsat 907) still going strong but would require an inverter to power up and uses more of your precious battery power. I usually use the Nano as you can record 2 channels and watch a 3rd, with the right software version, on Intelsat 907. I also have a Linux box, but they are more tedious to set up as (manic01 may remember on another forum). The Edision range have a few more models which will do the job but you won't go far wrong with a EDISION Progressiv NANO and is within your (Icecrypt) price range. Hope this helps.
    Hi lespat I too have used many boxes and have had no problems with icecrypt,recently got techno 5402 and am I’m impressed with box for viewing but have had problems with recording whereby the program is there but picture freezes and cannot be viewed,have tried usb memory sticks and even brand new sad but still the same issue,any ideas what sw you are running on box as this may be an issue for mine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast