Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 27.5 West guide

Thanks

27.5 West guide

Just been reading the 27.5 west guide.
    Whilst doing what is specified in the guide should the TV be connected to the VU+ box?
    Sorry if it's a dumb question but I am very new at this.
    Cheers
    Gerry

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    yes , because otherwise you wont be able to see the onscreen menus or anything else

connecting the VU to a tv or monitor wont make any difference to actually using or modifying the vu , but it would be foolish to not connect it

it would be very rare to work on a box that is not connected to a tv by either scart or by hdmi lead or something similar

I would suggest you always connect the following

a tv by either hdmi or composite or scart lead
    an ethernet connection from the box back to the router (unless using wi fi)
    mains power to the box or via a power adaptor
    satellite connection by coaxial cable

3. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

remolabarca (31-05-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply.
    Cheers
    Gerry

Thanks
    Got everything connected as suggested.
    Working my way through the install script.
    Got to the "download the oscam-ymod ipk for vix or blackhole below
    put ipk file on a usb stick plug it in to your box
    it will then prompt to install it"
    When I plugged the usb stick in nothing appeared to happen.
    Checked to see if the correct file was on the usb stick and, I believe, it is.
    Where should I see the prompt?
    On the TV just got a VU+ logo and a "loading...." message in the bottom right hand corner. Which it has been after going the initial box setup for language etc.
    Cheers
    Gerry

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    I load Oscam by FTP'ing the file, into the TMP folder, then installing it using the receivers menu option, of manually installing IPK file.

You can use the VUCC, VU+ Control Centre:
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ol-Centre-V0-8

Personally I downloaded Filezilla, a free FTP program.

Once you have started up Filezilla, or other FTP program, you need to connect to your VU+ receiver, you do this by connecting your VU+ to your router, either via an ethernet cable, ow using a wireless option.
    You then need to locate your receivers assigned IP address, go into the menu, look for Network, and IP address.
    On your PC go to Filezilla and enter the IP Address in the Host box, in Username enter root, leave the password empty, then click QuickConnect, if you've entered everything correctly you should see the VU+ folders on the right and your PC's files on the left.
    Now you just send the Oscam file to the TMP folder, go to your receiver, enter the menu, and select manual install of IPK files.

If experiencing problems please post more detailed information, including model of your VU+ receiver and the image/version you have installed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (31-05-2018)

Thanks
    Sorry to be dense but I can't see a "select manual install of IPK files" option in the menu on my VU+ ZERO receiver.
    Cheers
    Gerry

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Can you please post what image you have loaded.
    Try going into the menu and look for Information, or About.

Can you please confirm that you have the older VU+ Zero, and not the newer VU+ Zero 4K.

Thanks
    I have loaded the enigma2-plugin-cams-oscam-ymodv18-56_blackhole_all.ipk image but I cant see anywhere in the Menu, Information or about anyway of installing the file.
    Yes I have the VU+ ZERO receiver.
    Cheers
    Gerry

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Try pressing the green, followed by the yellow, buttons on your remote.

You seem unable, or unwilling, to tell us what image you have loaded, on your receiver, so I don't know your menu options.
    Have you bought this receiver yourself, or is it part of a deal, already set up for you, by a third party?
    Have you read the set up guides, posted by Lee, from Goldwafers?
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ing-up-Vu-Zero

How expert are you, with Enigma 2 receivers?

Thanks
    Answering your last question first, first time I have ever tried using an Enigma2 receiver.
    I bought it off **** the seller said it was as it was when it left the factory.
    I will look at the link you posted.
    All I have tried so far is https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...7-5-west-guide
    Sorry no idea what image is loaded or how I find out what it is.
    Sorry to be a pillock.
    Cheers
    Gerry

V.I.P
    Thanks
    If it's as it is, from the factory, it will probably just be loaded with the original VU+ image:
    Code:
    http://vuplus.com/sub/main.php
    Code:
    http://code.vuplus.com/
    You should really load a different image, like Black Hole, Open Black Hole, Open Vix, or other, try to find out which works best with opening the channels on 27.5W.
    If you do this you will lose all your current data.
    You can back up your channel list, and Bouquets, using software like dreamboxedit.

The VU+ Zero was never really designed as a stand alone receiver, more as a second, networked, receiver, so it hasn't got the power, or capabilities, of some of the other receivers, it can't even run the full KODI.
    You can check its components on the VU+ website, scroll to the bottom, of the link, to the table comparing various VU+ receivers:
    Code:
    http://vuplus.com/sub/sub0102.php

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (02-06-2018)

Thanks
    Don't really have any data an it hasn't been set up for any channel list etc.
    The reason I bought it, is solely to receive Intelsat 27.5W.
    Cost €99 of that well known ******* site.
    I have seen them on sale for €250 ready set up to receive 27.5 W which they do very well.
    Cheers
    Gerry

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Read the top two sticky threads, in the VU+ Solo2 section, and see which image is recommended:
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisp...2-Help-Section

Thanks
    remember that you can only use a VU ZERO image on a vu zero, not a solo 2 image, although the setups will be the same

these boxes are not for beginners and you need to start from scratch like MICKHA told you, starting by loading an image of choice, usually blackhole or openvix (as a factory image may not do what you require), then take it from there by following all the guides

these boxes are not plug and play boxes but I dont see why it cannot do the job required by you on 27.5 west, once it has been fully set up

pressing the menu key and going into the "about" or "information" parts should tell you what is currently loaded

I have moved this thread to the VU ZERO help forum seeing as the box is actually a ZERO, but those guides in the vu solo2 forum are useful guides for setting up the box which is what I have told you previously in your original vu zero thread

you can read and possibly follow various guides in the VU forums, dreambox forums and the catseyes E2 settings file (channel list) forum , plus various emulator (emu) forums on here like oscam , cccam etc

18. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Mickha (02-06-2018)

Thanks
    "these boxes are not for beginners"
    Many a true word as I am now finding out the hard way.
    I shall persevere, following the excellent advice I have received so far.
    Thanks
    for all the advice I have received so far.
    Cheers
    Gerry

20. The Following User Says Thank You to gerryh For This Useful Post:

echelon (02-06-2018)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Gerry pity you didn't use a Technomate 5402 M3 (Ł89) I think. Just a patch by usb stick that has the BISS key included from TM community website. Then a feed scan on 27w tp 11495 V and thats it!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to dave1234 For This Useful Post:

echelon (04-06-2018)

Thanks
    Hi dave
    I have one of those boxes which I have been using for the last 4(?) years.
    Seen a VU+ ZERO box demonstrated which had the full EPG displayed, could record up to 6 programmes at the same time and to record a future programme just needed to click record on it when displayed in the EPG for whenever the programme was scheduled up to a week ahead.
    The VU+ box ready set up costs €250, I bought the bare box for €99.
    If I could do those things with the TM box I wouldn't be trying to use a VU+ box.
    Cheers
    Gerry

Thanks
    it was a fair comment with nobody knowing the background

I would have thought that you cannot put a HDD inside a VU ZERO , so that would be extra expense on top of the purchase price of the zero , which is one reason why I (and my lad as well) use a VU SOLO2 with an internal HDD for recordings and a rear usb stick to store the EPG data (although I mean for 28.2e here in the UK and not for 27.5w , but its the same principle)

however, once you have installed BH or VIX and followed the instructions for the particular image you have chosen I see no reason for it not to work as described, assuming you can add a HDD and possibly add a usb stick too ? (you cannot record without the expence of a HDD)

try the latest BH or VIX for a start , add the catseyes channel list for E2 boxes, and oscam etc

also do the online software update once it has been installed, using the menus , so its the latest version, then tell us which image you have used including the exact version number , displayed in the ABOUT section in the main menu

if you wish to do it on the cheap, thats fine , but like a lot of DIY there are learning curves and tools required , as I found out 10 years ago when getting my first dreambox , lol

Thanks
    I already have a USB HDD that I am using with my TM box.
    Yes I know I'm trying to do it on the cheap but sometimes I enjoy a challenge.
    But I appreciate all the help I'm getting from those of you who have been through the learning curve.
    Cheers
    Gerry

26. The Following User Says Thank You to gerryh For This Useful Post:

echelon (04-06-2018)

Thanks
    fair enough , although you may find the usb hdd needs to be reformatted by the image on your VU, which may render it useless for anything else due to the type of partitioning and formatting being used on it by the VU linux box

the more info you provide, the better the advice being given , and the less confusion

forget this hdd for now, follow what I said earlier , get that right first, then deal with the hdd

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast