Thread: Oscam emu

Thanks

Oscam emu

I'm looking for the latest Oscam softcam plugin for my solo2 running on the latest BH image. Echelon mentioned ver 11398 which I can't find on satpimps but I found ver 11399 elsewhere. I'm not sure whether this will work on BH and do softcams have to be receiver/image specific? Help will be very much appreciated.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Why not try googling 'oscam release', and you'll find a site (on the very fist link) that releases new builds daily. That way you won't need to ask where to find it, solo2 is a mips boxed - so you want a mips version of oscam binary file. (mips-tuxbox-oe2.0)

Thanks
    mrdude, my question was not where to find as I had already found but which will work on solo2 - thanks for the mips tip.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    the mips one works on the solo2 , usually the bottom one of the bunch , as there are usually about 4 of them per reference number

the softcam emus will generally work on these mips boxes like solo2 , duo1 , duo2 , zgemma star 2s , H2S and H32TC etc

but their location on a box can vary and the files to run them can also vary according to their box location folder , especially with the openATV images as discussed in a recent thread on these forums

remember to chmod their attributes to 755 from 644

recently an installer was posted on satpimps by kegnkiwi that you can download and has a panel where the specific cams can be downloaded according to image as well as other plugins etc , possibly in the 4K forums as they use a different chipset

this means they go in the correct folders on your box, with the correct names

as for 11398 , that was probably the latest file when I posted in another thread, as its the one I am using at the moment (other file numbers may also be used)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Mickha (14-02-2018), mrdude (14-02-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,802 Times in 1,938 Posts
    You put the binary file (because your stb is linux), in either var/bin or usr/bin (it makes no difference really), and because it's a file that needs to be executed by a user you need to tell linux what user properties it has - ie chmod it to 755. If you already have an oscam installed and working you only need to overwrite the file called 'oscam' in usr/bin.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrdude For This Useful Post:

echelon (14-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thank you all. I've got oscam running on my other MutantHD51 using ATV or Vix with no problems and quite straightforward. However I still haven't cracked my BH solo2. I ftpd the .tar.gz file to usr/bin but am not clear how to activate it and where to change chmod. Also I presume the oscam.server will go to etc/tuxbox.

Thanks
    you were told to put the binary file (bin file) in var/bin or usr/bin , not the tar.gz file, then to chmod it to 755 , using an ftp program (flash fxp , filezilla or dcc will do it for example (I right click under flash fxp to do this)

the other oscam files usually go into config , check the examples I posted recently , so var/tuxbox/config for BH

this becomes etc/tuxbox/config when checking my BH image here on my solo2 using flash fxp

and the oscam file is unpacked so it just says oscam , no suffix, and usually resides in the var/bin folder, depending on the image (says usr/bin in flash fxp on my solo2 running BH) , but is especially different if using openATV for example

once in the var/bin (usr/bin) folder chmod it to 755 , same for mgcamd1.38 and for cccam2.30 etc too

so unpack it and ftp to var/bin or usr/bin if using BH or similar

if unsure , install them using that plugin panel kegnkiwi posted recently instead , then overwrite the ones it puts in with newer ones, but ensure the names are an exact match as sometimes they are slightly different names than the standard ones , or alter the shortcut files that point the box at these bin files that exist in other folders for example (depending on image installed)

nb:- there is no one size fits all, each image has its own locations and start files

so depending on the image , you work out what files go where and do that , and the names of files can also vary , as can the startup files , especially different for ATV images

so BH is

usr/bin for the bin files

etc/tuxbox/config for the oscam files other than the bin file

usr/camscript for the starter files (sh files) to choose the softcam required under the blue button

use that l inuxs*t panel to install the correct files in the correct places, then replace with newer files where necessary, usually the bin files, all bin files (binary files) are modded to 755 using an FTP program

10. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Mickha (16-02-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Attached is a slightly older version on linxusatpanel. Just put it into /tmp folder and install via the plugins manual install then reboot your box and launch. It will update automatically to the latest version and they you have you choice of cams for every image and they will install in the correct place.
    Attached Files Attached Files

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kegnkiwi For This Useful Post:

echelon (16-02-2018), jovie (17-02-2018), Mickha (16-02-2018)

Thanks
    Apologies for the delay in replying - preoccupied with domestic matters. I have now reviewed your comments and many thanks for all the generous efforts to help me, it is much appreciated. I did get my file terminologies mixed up and did not make it clear what I was trying to achieve. I was initially looking for an oscam softcam .tgz or .ipk addon that I could put in /tmp and then manually install by remote and then access and select via the blue button. I also couldn't figure out how to work with the .tar.gz file.
    Thanks to kegnkiwi I now have access to oscam plugins. However I'm still being cautious as the 2 BH files I looked at (11105, 11278) have 'arm' in the file name and so I'm not sure whether these will work with mips.

Thanks
    arm is for 4 k receivers

15. The Following User Says Thank You to JOE.MADDISON For This Useful Post:

echelon (21-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks, I assumed so. I will keep looking.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    I'm using older Oscam versions, 8359 and 11233, in my Duo2, running Open Blackhole 4.1, and they work perfectly.
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...s-(2013)-(2014)

You might also want to set up your Kodi, as I find I use this for viewing television series, even the latest, like Altered Carbon, without any problems, and set up correctly you can even download the feeds, to your receivers hard drive, and view later, or transfer them to your PC and burn them to disk.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (21-02-2018), Pimpernel (23-02-2018)

Thanks
    or use the supplied r11398 bin file in the attachment in post #1 here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...files-and-help

it is for MIPS receivers, so not the 4k arm receivers , so works on a duo2 , solo2 , zgemma etc ( its also the one I am using on my boxes)

chmod it to 755 after placing it in the correct folder , replacing the oscam binary file installed by those installers and ensure it has exactly the same file name as the one you are replacing

the link in that oscam thread shows 11400 as the latest one , with 4 oscam files listed , and 4 for 11399 below it , etc

the one you want is always the bottom file of the 4 , so its

osc*m-svn11400-mips-tuxbox-oe2.0-webif-Distribution

which is the MIPS/TUXBOX/OE2.0/WEBIF/DISTRIBUTION file

Thanks
    I'm up and running using 11233 and all's well that ends well even through a long and winding road. Many thanks again to satpimps foot soldiers. It now looks a bit slower than my cccam and also couldn't figure out how to create the etc/tuxbox/config directory after putting the bin file in usr/bin - 11233 created this directory for me as I expected and now can select via blue button. Now on to next project!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Pimpernel For This Useful Post:

Mickha (23-02-2018)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Will the next project be making the most of Kodi?

Thanks
    I will possibly have a go and thanks for your encouragement.