Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New receiver problems TM5402 M3 CAM & Signal Issues Help please!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by holmroad View Post
    @eurobuff:- Whereabouts are you located mate?
    Middlesbrough in the North East

2. The Following User Says Thank You to eurobuff For This Useful Post:

holmroad (30-12-2017)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi If you have the correct transponder in your list but dont get the quality signal then its your dish/LNB that needs tweaking. If your dish is easy to get to then i would leave TV on the TP displaying this frequency and then adjust the LNB slightly left or right and see if signal comes in.(or get someone to watch it for you). If signal does not come in then you need to adjust the dish a fraction up or down or left and right until you pick signal up. Regards.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KARABANGA View Post
    Hi If you have the correct transponder in your list but dont get the quality signal then its your dish/LNB that needs tweaking. If your dish is easy to get to then i would leave TV on the TP displaying this frequency and then adjust the LNB slightly left or right and see if signal comes in.(or get someone to watch it for you). If signal does not come in then you need to adjust the dish a fraction up or down or left and right until you pick signal up. Regards.
    I managed to get hold of someone, and told them the dish needed looking at. He came out but said he wanted to check the feed coming in the house first, which he did with his “analyser”. He fiddled about for about 1 1/2hrs and decided it must be the dish at fault! One of the transponders 12693 when he arrived was all blocky and the signal cutting in and out, after about an hour the signal was perfect? He said he’d never come across anything like it. By the time he’d finished it was too dark to look at the dish, so he’s going to come back tomorrow. To be continued.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eurobuff For This Useful Post:

holmroad (30-12-2017)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi There is nothing wrong with the dish..it needs readjusting only....the reason it was blocky is because the signal was too weak to open the channels.. i dont understand if he got the signal perfect why did he not tighten up the dish rather than coming back tomorrow...i suppose so long as its all sorted you will be happy.. Regards

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    It takes 20 secs literally to check signal strength of your cable but i have worked with many,many dishes including my own dishes four of which are motorized
    and i have never started to look at a cable inside it is just ignorance or stupidity or both really .
    Start by checking LNB signal connect meter to lnb direct if that is ok and it should be ....then look at LNB cable outside for any water damage 2 min job at best ... check signal from 13E Peak signal raise or lower dish try not to move East/West and scan in some channels on sat meter when good lock is found , Connect cable again go inside and check results and see if any signal loss from your receiver cable inside very unlikely there will be any loss unless cable is really long [+20meters ] , if okay then proceed to affected satellite & freq on your TM5402 and see if any further adjustments with LNB are required usually not at this stage but always worth checking to finish up the job properly .
    Get paid and pi$$ off to next job , not rocket science really !!

Your sat guy seems like a real ignorant n00b i would not allow him back and find a qualified / experienced sat installer who will fix your minor issues in next to no time at all without pi$$ing about all day long scratching his ball sack : ))
    i would bet i could have your problem sorted in under 30mins flat since you already have some signal but maybbe from other sats you might well be picking 16E just too much probably ??
    But sounds very simple indeed as above poster has pointed out to you : ))
    Good luck !!
    Last edited by Barney; 31-12-2017 at 02:45 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

echelon (04-01-2018), holmroad (31-12-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eurobuff View Post
    The frequency is 11681 H, Hotbird 13E, my M2 version did pick it up on the same dish? The card does work in the card slot, but the problem is sometimes I have to switch channels and back again for the card to open the channel. I set it to record something, which didn’t record as it said the channel was scrambled.
    i have checked on my Technomate TM5402 M3 HD and the reason for your Scrambled channel message is due to your dish/LNB not picking a proper signal from this Satellite and/or Transponder maybbe you were locking on a totally different Satellite and Transponder since your dish is clearly not aligned yet ?
    on this freq i have 15.2db 97% Tested on my 78cm motorized triax dish
    i recorded 5mins on Arte HD channel FTA [ free to air ] and it played back just fine , i would imagine all channels on this Freq will reqord just fine but since i do not have Bis France card i am unable to test i'm afraid .
    Do not mess with LNB Settings in receiver either unless you really know what your doing , its best to leave this as default settings
    because its only for someone experienced in that area and the default settings are fine its just your dish that is not fine .
    you say your dish is fixed therefor your solution is going to be incredibly simple if 23.5E and 19E is ok then its just a matter of peaking the 13E LNB
    most likely not skewed right or dish is too heavily focused on 23/19E and not 13E picking up bleed-over from 16E is all too common with fixed multi LNB Set up ,
    it really should take less than a few mins to resolve this issue with someone that knows exactly what they are doing .
    motorized dishes tend to be a lot more complex but even so any more than 20-30mins is way too long to waste on such a simple problem such as yours : )
    good luck : ))
    Last edited by Barney; 31-12-2017 at 02:48 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

echelon (04-01-2018)

Thanks
    Hi There is nothing wrong with the dish..it needs readjusting only....the reason it was blocky is because the signal was too weak to open the channels.. i dont understand if he got the signal perfect why did he not tighten up the dish rather than coming back tomorrow...i suppose so long as its all sorted you will be happy.. Regards
    Sorry, maybe I didn’t explain that bit properly. I had a weak signal off a different transponder blocky etc(12693) and then later it was a perfect picture, but he didn’t do anything, it just did that by itself. I rang this bloke because
    his website quoted that he was an expert trouble shooter, and that he did bespoke installations. I told him on the phone that the dish was the problem and that by this point I had 3 different satellite receivers connected to the same dish all not able to receive the transponder. However when he came out and I started to speak to him, he mentioned that he used to work for sky, and that he’d never installed a motorised dish! At this point I was a bit wary, but he said he was familiar with the inverto triple LNB set up that I had? he then started fiddling with his meter, telling me it had cost him £1000 but didn’t seem to know how to use it, initially saying he couldn’t get any readings from any of the satellites. I had to tell him he needed to set it to disecq switching, as soon as he did that voila he started to get some information from the cable! He then said, it looked like I was right and that it was the dish & he wouldn’t charge me as he hasn’t fixed anything. He then said he knows now that the Hotbird LNB will just need aligning properly. I’m hoping he is capable at doing that? I have rung several satellite installers, most are on holiday, one said he’d get back to me and hasn’t, and another who’s meter is in for a service. This character that came out was the only one I can find.
    Last edited by eurobuff; 31-12-2017 at 02:48 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Good point re possible water ingress Barney, as obviously this is quite common where lnb cables not sealed correctly!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to holmroad For This Useful Post:

Barney (31-12-2017), echelon (02-01-2018)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi In my honest opinion unless you need 3 LNB's for whatever reason you are always better off with a motor..its less hassle and despite what some people say its easy to install..just needs safety and patience..and its very rewarding. Your problem all along had nothing to do with faulty cables etc but alignment issues .. i dont blame you but if the guy worked for Sky he should have sorted it out in 5 mins....he must have seen this type of problems many times....hope he dont charge you an arm and a leg.....Happy New Year...

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KARABANGA For This Useful Post:

Barney (31-12-2017), echelon (02-01-2018), holmroad (02-01-2018)

Thanks
    Hi In my honest opinion unless you need 3 LNB's for whatever reason you are always better off with a motor..its less hassle and despite what some people say its easy to install..just needs safety and patience..and its very rewarding. Your problem all along had nothing to do with faulty cables etc but alignment issues .. i dont blame you but if the guy worked for Sky he should have sorted it out in 5 mins....he must have seen this type of problems many times....hope he dont charge you an arm and a leg.....Happy New Year...
    Hi, he came back this morning. I had a spare LNB (brand new), he put the new LNB on and after that the transponders were there, I also seem to be getting slightly stronger signals on the other channels that I was getting previously. He reckoned the original LNB had blown. I was thinking of changing to a motorised system, but the thing that put me off was the fact that we have the neighbours from hell, who’s kids think it’s a good game to throw something at the dish when it’s moving. It cost me £50 in the end, which I didn’t think was too bad? I thought it was all sorted, but I thought I’d do a new blind scan of Hotbird so that I’d get the missing channels, only on this scan it’s only picked up 958 channels, and with the dodgy LNB it picked up 1151, so now I’m confused again! Happy New Year

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi God what are they doing to you...how can the LNB be dodgy if it found over 1000 channels...its probably because the new LNB is not tweaked properly or dish has not been aligned correctly...its a shame i dont live in your area ..i would have sorted it out with my eyes closed...50 quids is not too bad if it was working properly. Regards

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KARABANGA For This Useful Post:

Barney (31-12-2017), echelon (02-01-2018)

Thanks
    Hi God what are they doing to you...how can the LNB be dodgy if it found over 1000 channels...its probably because the new LNB is not tweaked properly or dish has not been aligned correctly...its a shame i dont live in your area ..i would have sorted it out with my eyes closed...50 quids is not too bad if it was working properly. Regards
    I know I just don’t get it. I’ve gone through every transponder that was missing and tuned each one in manually using advanced search. And I can get every one of them, I now have 1330 channels. So the dish/LNB/alignment must be right now as I couldn’t get them previously. Why the receiver couldn’t pick them up on a blind scan, god knows, I even tried doing another blind scan at 1mhz steps but it still only found 975 channels? The original scan was done on the first m3 receiver but can’t remember what patch at the time. The new scan is done on the second m3 receiver using patch 146. I don’t know if the difference in the channel count is due to it being a different receiver albeit the same model? I wouldn’t have thought though so ?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi.. I dont think its the patch to be honest...although you could try and put original patch back (available from TM website) and then do a blind scan and see how many channels it will find. Did you check to see if you have duplicate channels or really 1330 channels.. Like i said the best way to do a blind scan is to delete all TP's so you end up with zero and then run the blind scan. If you have a motorized system, i know you dont, its best to save your channel list before deleting anything in case of problems. Regarda.

Thanks
    Hi.. I dont think its the patch to be honest...although you could try and put original patch back (available from TM website) and then do a blind scan and see how many channels it will find. Did you check to see if you have duplicate channels or really 1330 channels.. Like i said the best way to do a blind scan is to delete all TP's so you end up with zero and then run the blind scan. If you have a motorized system, i know you dont, its best to save your channel list before deleting anything in case of problems. Regarda.
    Hi, it doesn’t look like there’s any duplicates, I went through the transponders in the settings, and crossed checked with King Of Sat website. There is only One transponder that it says no signal (12475 H) which it did pick up on the previous LNB? But since the blind scan it’s added a lot of false transponders, where the frequency is right but the symbol rate is way out eg 1.300, there are quite a few like that, I’ve never come across that before. I have saved my channel list, but after doing that it’s wiped out all my timers that I’d set :( Do you know if there’s a way to change all the audio settings in one go for all the channels to “high”, every time I’m doing a rescan I’m having to reset the volume levels back to high (default is medium) and it takes over an hour to do that, and that’s only changing the channels I would watch. If there’s a way to do that I’d give it another go, but the fact that it’s working now, I’m tempted just to leave it. The only thing is though if I have to do a rescan at any time in the future I won’t be confident that it’s finding all the channels.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi. I had similar problems awhile back when blind scan was finding transponders with incorrect details..i was getting symbol rates as 45000 instead of 27500 and also was duplicating channels with different frequencies. I would try the following:

1) Do a factory reset.
    2) In satellite settings check LNB values are Universal 9750/10600
    3) Delete all the TP's for Hotbird.
    4) Do a blind scan on Hotbird - use 2ghz steps. Make sure parameters look ok .
    After blind scan check results.

Regards.

Thanks
    Hi. I had similar problems awhile back when blind scan was finding transponders with incorrect details..i was getting symbol rates as 45000 instead of 27500 and also was duplicating channels with different frequencies. I would try the following:

1) Do a factory reset.
    2) In satellite settings check LNB values are Universal 9750/10600
    3) Delete all the TP's for Hotbird.
    4) Do a blind scan on Hotbird - use 2ghz steps. Make sure parameters look ok .
    After blind scan check results.

Regards.
    Hi, thanks for all your help, I really do appreciate it. I think I’m gonna leave it for now, the thought of spending another couple of hours resetting all the audio levels on the channels, again, doesn’t really appeal at the moment! I’m just feeling like I’m going round in circles, and as it seems to be working at the moment I’m tempted to leave it alone in case it might end up worse. If I have to end up doing a rescan at a separate time, then I’ll try this though.

Thanks
    TM5402 M3 is not a great receiver there has been zero support in 2 years its a poor box with many bugs and defects
    other boxes would appeal much more these days since Technomate brand is dead .

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

echelon (04-01-2018)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Who told you that the TM5402 is dead.... many people i know have it and are very happy with them..It still has support as its got latest PowerVu and Tandberg keys as well as other functions including analogue RF output.its also great with a motor.. if you dont like it fine...stick to your own brands. Regards

Thanks
    just stating the facts sure it works with public h@cks so does all other branded boxes
    but simple updates like youtube and bugs and other easy simple defects were never addressed or fixed and wont be neither
    Tandberg upgraded their Encryption leaving TMate far behind if there is any further encryption changes do not expect any fix coming
    i refused to pay big money to a company that made big profits with their branded boxes and could not even be bothered to fix something as simple as youtube
    any working Public PowerVu and Tandberg keys must be manually inserted due to lack of any support whatsoever ,
    i have no idea why you would bother to support and back a company that could not care less about you after paying hard earned cash and not getting any support or software updates whatsoever , but everyone got an opinion i guess ..mines is just different as i call it how i see it : ))

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

echelon (05-01-2018), holmroad (05-01-2018), manic01 (05-01-2018)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    .....YouTube fixed over 18 months ago ..Tandberg fixed last November.... Why you telling people there no support then.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast