Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New receiver problems TM5402 M3 CAM & Signal Issues Help please!

Thanks

New receiver problems TM5402 M3 CAM & Signal Issues Help please!

Hi. I had a TM5402 M2, which died on me 2 days before Xmas, I needed a replacement quick, which I got from ******, but it’s the m3 version. I set it up and it seems to have 2 issues and just wondered if anyone else has the same. 1, I have an official Dutch viewing card which has always worked in the 1.07 Aston Crypt cam, but when I put this in my new receiver, it just says scrambled. It worked fine in my other receiver. On some channels I get a pink screen (viewing through scary not hdmi) and It sounds like a bird is chirping. I tried putting the card in the card reader/slot, it does work in there, but wondered why the cam doesn’t work? When the cam was in it was crashing the box, and had to be switched off at the back.

2, I have tuned in the channels and notice that some channels are missing from Hotbird, at first I thought it was the Horizontal channels, but then it seems to be a mixture of horizontal & vertical. Different ends of the frequency range, and missing from various Hotbird satellites, whether it be C, E etc. One example is 11681 H bis TV. Please can anyone help? I was running the original firmware and had the problems, then I updated to phantom patch 1.46, and still have the same problems.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi if the Cam was working on the Mk2 then it should work on the Mk3. The Cam may not be compatible with the 146 patch. You may need to try an older patch ,also some times it may take a while for the Cam to activate a card..i had similar problems with the italian Tivusat card on the same box but got it to work in the end. Regarding the missing channels have you tried to do a blind scan on Hotbird...i would delete all the current Tp before doing a blind scan..this way you get rid of all the redundant TP's and install the latest ones. I am assuming that your dish is aligned correctly otherwise you wont find all channels. Regards

Thanks
    Hi, I will try another patch, although it was doing the same with the firmware that was installed on the box when I got it out of the box. Regarding Hotbird, I did clear all the channels and do a blind scan, and they are missing. If I try to add that frequency manually it says no signal strength on those particular frequencies.

Update- I have now tried 1.45 patch and it’s reacting the same. I set it to record something earlier, (with the card in the card reader slot)- it hasn’t recorded, it just says scrambled :( Also the receiver has been on for a couple of hours (3 maybe), the screen had a green tint to it, but when I switched it off and on again it returned to the normal colour?
    Last edited by eurobuff; 26-12-2017 at 01:56 AM.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi In my experience with TM boxes its impossible for a blind scan not to pick up channels unless there is an alignment or LNB issue. Which frequency are you trying to pick up as i can check on my M3 to see if its correct. Thats why i prefer a blind scan as it tells me if dish is aligned correctly or not by the number of channels it finds. f you insert the card without the CAM does it recognize it in the card menu??? Regards

Verified Registered User Mobley2's Avatar
    Thanks
    Have you set the LNB to Universal? if not it could explain why you are missing channels.

Regards mobley2

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KARABANGA View Post
    Hi In my experience with TM boxes its impossible for a blind scan not to pick up channels unless there is an alignment or LNB issue. Which frequency are you trying to pick up as i can check on my M3 to see if its correct. Thats why i prefer a blind scan as it tells me if dish is aligned correctly or not by the number of channels it finds. f you insert the card without the CAM does it recognize it in the card menu??? Regards
    The frequency is 11681 H, Hotbird 13E, my M2 version did pick it up on the same dish? The card does work in the card slot, but the problem is sometimes I have to switch channels and back again for the card to open the channel. I set it to record something, which didn’t record as it said the channel was scrambled.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobley2 View Post
    Have you set the LNB to Universal? if not it could explain why you are missing channels.

Regards mobley2
    My LNB is set to universal, LNB frequency = 9.750 / 10.600, I have tried changing it to 9.750 / 10.750 but that doesn’t make any difference. 22khz is set to Auto, LNB Powe is set to on

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi The LNB should be set to Universal 9.750/10.600... 22khz to Auto and LNB power to ON. Have you tried to delete all the TP's and doing a blind scan to see if all channels get tuned in. What is the signal reading on frequencies that are you getting also do you have fixed dish or motor... also what channels are you trying to get. Regards

Thanks
    Hi The LNB should be set to Universal 9.750/10.600... 22khz to Auto and LNB power to ON. Have you tried to delete all the TP's and doing a blind scan to see if all channels get tuned in. What is the signal reading on frequencies that are you getting also do you have fixed dish or motor... also what channels are you trying to get. Regards
    Hi, I be deleted all the channels, and did a blind scan. I have a fixed dish with inverto multi LNB (3 LNBs, Hotbird, Astra 19 & Astra 23.5). I was trying to get the Bis TV channels on that frequency. The signal reading on the other Hotbird channels say 97% L (orange bar) 9.9-10d 70% (blue bar), it’s a different way of displaying things than my last one. When I’ve just checked on another transponder 12693 H, I could receive that earlier today, but now I’m getting no signal? Ive also discovered another problem. If I try to record the channels I can get with the viewing card, it records for about 30secs and then it freezes and comes up as scrambled, the minute I stop it recording it all goes back to normal (that is with the phantom patch 1.46 & 1.45) but if I put the official software on it it works ok, I’m assuming this is the patch, but I can’t see anyone else reporting that problem

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi How have you configured the 3 LNB's. I am assuming you have a Disecq switch connected to receiver and you need to tell the receiver which port of the Disecq each satellite is connected to. Are you getting channels from all 3 satellites. The receiver reading of orange 97 percent is default value for cable reading the LNB (this is correct).The blue signal is the frequency reading from a satellite and this can vary depending on dish alignment. The MK3 can give you readings in decibels and percentages or percentages only...The MK2 only gives readings in percentages.There are no Dutch channels on Hotbird as far as i know. There are BIS channels on Hotbird and Astra1(19.2 east) Dutch channels are on Astra3 (23.5 east). You have a Dutch viewing card but are trying to open BIS channels which are French is this correct...I think you should double check that the 3 LNB's are configured correctly in Disecq 1.0 settings. The reason people dont report problems with the Phantom patches is probably because they dont use viewing cards but use other functions of the patches. I use an Italian viewing card and have no problems with it. regards

Thanks
    Hi How have you configured the 3 LNB's. I am assuming you have a Disecq switch connected to receiver and you need to tell the receiver which port of the Disecq each satellite is connected to. Are you getting channels from all 3 satellites. The receiver reading of orange 97 percent is default value for cable reading the LNB (this is correct).The blue signal is the frequency reading from a satellite and this can vary depending on dish alignment. The MK3 can give you readings in decibels and percentages or percentages only...The MK2 only gives readings in percentages.There are no Dutch channels on Hotbird as far as i know. There are BIS channels on Hotbird and Astra1(19.2 east) Dutch channels are on Astra3 (23.5 east). You have a Dutch viewing card but are trying to open BIS channels which are French is this correct...I think you should double check that the 3 LNB's are configured correctly in Disecq 1.0 settings. The reason people dont report problems with the Phantom patches is probably because they dont use viewing cards but use other functions of the patches. I use an Italian viewing card and have no problems with it. regards
    Hi I have 2 problems, well three now. One problem is when recording a Dutch channel on 23.5 Dec east, it records for about 30 secs and says scrambled. And when I press stop the picture resumes. I tried doing the same thing with the official software, which worked, but I’ve tried again since my post (with the original software) and it acted the same way as the patch did, recording for 30secs and freezing. The 2nd problem is that I also have a bis tv French card, for 13deg east Hotbird, but I am unable to tune in the transponders as my receiver says there’s no signal on that frequency. I checked the rest of the Hotbird transponders and there seems to be about 7 or 8 that it has missed. I have the LNBs switched via the receiver Diseqc 1.0, Hotbird is set to 1 of 4, Astra 19 set to 2 of 4 and 23.5 E set to 3 of 4. I can receive channels from all 3 satellites. As far as I know it’s only Hotbird that has missing channels, although I haven’t actually gone through the other two satellites to see if there are any missing. I’ve now tried patch 123, 142, 145, 146 & also original software 1.10 & 1.44. I’m wondering if I’ve actually got a faulty receiver?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi.. Can you get hold of a spare receiver to test out ..it could be you have an alignment issue . On Hotbird with a blind scan you should get at least 1300 channels, on Astra 1 around 1000 channels and 23.5 east about 300 channels. This could explain why channel says scrambled as signal quality may be too low. If you live near London and if ok with you i could come round with my MK3 and try to resolve the problem. I dont think its the receiver thats faulty as from my experience the TM's are very reliable boxes... Regards

Thanks
    Hi.. Can you get hold of a spare receiver to test out ..it could be you have an alignment issue . On Hotbird with a blind scan you should get at least 1300 channels, on Astra 1 around 1000 channels and 23.5 east about 300 channels. This could explain why channel says scrambled as signal quality may be too low. If you live near London and if ok with you i could come round with my MK3 and try to resolve the problem. I dont think its the receiver thats faulty as from my experience the TM's are very reliable boxes... Regards
    Hi, thanks for the offer but I live in Middlesbrough about 300 miles away. I can get 951 channels on 19deg East, 246 on 23.5 Dec East, and 1151 on Hotbird. That was on a blind scan done on Xmas eve. But I’m even more confused now. I have managed to get hold of another M3 to test out, only I can’t get any channels on 23.5deg east? I am really puzzled, I plugged the original M3 back in and I can receive 23.5 DegEast. None of this makes any sense to me. The test box is running the same software that, the first M3 had on when I scanned the channels initially.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eurobuff View Post
    Hi I have 2 problems, well three now. One problem is when recording a Dutch channel on 23.5 Dec east, it records for about 30 secs and says scrambled. And when I press stop the picture resumes. I tried doing the same thing with the official software, which worked, but I’ve tried again since my post (with the original software) and it acted the same way as the patch did, recording for 30secs and freezing. The 2nd problem is that I also have a bis tv French card, for 13deg east Hotbird, but I am unable to tune in the transponders as my receiver says there’s no signal on that frequency. I checked the rest of the Hotbird transponders and there seems to be about 7 or 8 that it has missed. I have the LNBs switched via the receiver Diseqc 1.0, Hotbird is set to 1 of 4, Astra 19 set to 2 of 4 and 23.5 E set to 3 of 4. I can receive channels from all 3 satellites. As far as I know it’s only Hotbird that has missing channels, although I haven’t actually gone through the other two satellites to see if there are any missing. I’ve now tried patch 123, 142, 145, 146 & also original software 1.10 & 1.44. I’m wondering if I’ve actually got a faulty receiver?
    try the receiver direct to the lnb on 13e and see if the missing frequencies scan in Justin case it's a diseqc problem also you could hook the receiver by scart to hard drive dvd recorder to record until you get to the bottom of the recording problem
    Last edited by satwyn; 28-12-2017 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satwyn View Post
    try the receiver direct to the lnb on 13e and see if the missing frequencies scan in Justin case it's a diseqc problem also you could hook the receiver by scart to hard drive dvd recorder to record until you get to the bottom of the recording problem
    Hi, tried that but no difference, but I’ve managed to get the 2nd M3 box to pick up 23.5 Deg channels. Its managed to do one successful recording. I’m going to test again. I haven’t got all the cables connected, Ethernet etc, don’t know if that makes a difference?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi The ethernet cable has nothing to do with motors or disecq switches etc...its only purpose is to connect box to internet.. Which channels are you trying to pick up and from which satellite....if blind scan does not find the frequency then you may need to adjust the LNB or dish slightly .judging by the number of channels you have found you cannot be that far off really. On Hotbird do you get the Polish channels on 11488H s/r 27500(Eleven Sports etc)..if not then dish is not set up correctly. Regards.

Thanks
    Hi The ethernet cable has nothing to do with motors or disecq switches etc...its only purpose is to connect box to internet.. Which channels are you trying to pick up and from which satellite....if blind scan does not find the frequency then you may need to adjust the LNB or dish slightly .judging by the number of channels you have found you cannot be that far off really. On Hotbird do you get the Polish channels on 11488H s/r 27500(Eleven Sports etc)..if not then dish is not set up correctly. Regards.
    Hi, I can get that transponder, I get about 75% signal quality, 96% strength. I can’t actually view the channel as it’s scrambled. The reason I mentioned about the Ethernet was that someone mentioned that when various leads are plugged into the receiver along with the cams & cards, it’s all extra power drain on the receiver and maybe the power supply maybe faulty and struggling with the extra work? I don’t know if this is true? Or how much effect it would have. On the 2nd M3 I still have the pink screen when the card is in the cam, but I’ve now done a couple of tests and it seems to be recording ok with the card in the slot. I’m just wondering if this receiver is acting different to the first M3 because it’s not got all the normal leads plugged into it yet? Regarding the missing frequencies, someone mentioned that the M3 tuner is inferior to the M3 and that is why I could receive the channels on that and not the M3? Someone mentioned it might be worth getting an amplifier but when I mentioned this to the satellite shop today, they said it wouldn’t make any difference as it would be amplifying the bad signal with the good, and that amplifiers are only useful if there is 60 meters or more of cable between the dish and the receiver?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Dont know why people are telling you loads of rubbish regarding extra cables etc..i have same box with card and ethernet cable etc etc and have no problems. I find it odd that you are getting 75% signal quality on Eleven Sports and still missing channels...If you go into satellite setup and look in the TP's list do you see the frequency that you are missing.if not add it manually and see if it gives you a signal quality reading. Are the channels you are looking for definetely on Hotbird....Regards

Thanks
    Hi Dont know why people are telling you loads of rubbish regarding extra cables etc..i have same box with card and ethernet cable etc etc and have no problems. I find it odd that you are getting 75% signal quality on Eleven Sports and still missing channels...If you go into satellite setup and look in the TP's list do you see the frequency that you are missing.if not add it manually and see if it gives you a signal quality reading. Are the channels you are looking for definetely on Hotbird....Regards
    Hi, if I go out not the setup the transponders are on the list but when I select them I just get a red bar on the strength part and nothing on the quality. If I press scan it doesn’t find any channels. The transponders are Hotbird channels (French bis TV), I even checked with my card supplier that they hadn’t moved frequencies and they haven’t. He checked the channels and could view them. If you want to see, W9 is on 11681 H, also Arte HD free to air is on there as well, the other channels are on 12693, I know BFM is a free to air channel on that frequency. Initially when I plugged the box in I could pick that frequency up on the afternoon, but once it got to the night time I was getting no signal. I’m trying to get someone to check the dish out but it seems everyone’s on holiday. I know that when I had the dish installed initially I had trouble finding someone that would do it as they were saying it was too difficult to install and would only install a motorised dish.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    @eurobuff:- Whereabouts are you located mate?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast