Thread: New receiver

Verified Registered User nibber's Avatar
    Thanks

New receiver

Hi all,
    Been away from the satellite scene for a bit.Need some advice on a new receiver-my trusty old Echostar Vaci 3600 receiver/positioner has died along with the 36 volt Satrack mount,not bad after 20 odd years of use,going to dig out my Manhattan HH 120 Disecq mount (i know it still works and is Disecq 1.2 rated-is that still current?) but going to get a new receiver,want twin tuners and pvr function,have had Dreambox and Triple Dragon receivers in the past-but they are now very dated receivers-so looking at maybe the VU receivers, but unsure what sort of channels etc are around on the various satellites and still available as a lot has changed since the days of fitting various cams and cards (i assume they are all redundant now)
    Last edited by nibber; 23-08-2016 at 01:48 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi mate,

Things have move on somewhat over the last couple of years. The latest boxs out are the 4k ones such as the solo 4k which came out at christmas. There are also a number of other 4k boxs coming out as we speak. If you are looking a modern box maybe at least look at the 1300mhz box such as solo 2 or duo 2 as these can also run full kodi for iptv, the latest box's run at 1500mhz. There a lots of channels available far more that would have ever had using cams and cards but you will need to google card sharing and I do not think talk of it is allowed on the forum.
    Last edited by kegnkiwi; 26-08-2016 at 06:49 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kegnkiwi For This Useful Post:

echelon (23-08-2016)

Verified Registered User nibber's Avatar
    Thanks
    Okay,thanks for the information.