Thread: Amiko Mini Combo Firmware Problem after Upgrade

Thanks

Amiko Mini Combo Firmware Problem after Upgrade

Hi I was given a perfectly working when last used from a friend an Amiko Mini Combo and thought I would try to use it for Intelsat 907. Downloaded firmware and tried to upgrade via USB and got Bootloader mismatch - didnt upgrade. Went to the amikoreceiver web site and downloaded latest version AMIKO_MiniHD_Combo_1.5.64_conax.r ar Tried the upgrade again and all seemed fine choosing the option for no channel list. Receiver rebooted after upgrade and I get what I was expecting with No Channel Message. However if I try to get into the Menu option nothing happens. I just have No Channel list on screen.

My questions are as follows

How can I get access to the system menu option
    Do I need to connect via RS232 to make any changes/download different firmware
    Is there a channel list for Intelsat 907

I am very familiar with Icecrypt and the software looked the same before I upgraded the firmware. Now I cant seem to do anything so don't want to try anything else without advice in case I completely b...r it up.

Thanks
    Last edited by miss-peanut; 24-11-2016 at 04:54 PM. Reason: .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miss-peanut View Post
    Sounds like you need to make a channel list by performing a blind scan and ordering the channels, or upgrade your receiver by USB using a ready made channel list for your receiver.

No RS232 needed for this as sounds like your receiver is booting up perfectly fine.

Once you have your channel list to hand on your USB stick you will need to grab your remote and press Menu > System > Upgrade by USB

You will then need to select the file path to point to your channel list and select all SW + BOOTLOADER

Once you have done this you will have a working receiver with your channel list
    The problem I have is that after the bootloader mismatch the Amiko does not bootup via USB or anything else. I think the resolution is to use an RS232 connection but not something I have attempted before. I can do channel scans etc once I have a bootable unit. The biggest problem is the bootloader software and version. I have spent some time trying to locate the correct software but am struggling. Any help in that area would be great. Once I have that I assume with the RS232 connection I can download from my laptop to the Amiko the relevant files. Regards

Thanks
    check here hxxp://amikoreceiver.com/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cannydo View Post
    check here hxxp://amikoreceiver.com/
    Thanks for that.

There is a note at the bottom of this web site which says

"All software and firmware on this website is only for test and use it at your own risk! We don't take ANY responsibility for contents on this site, even if it damages your equipment. This site is not official site for Amiko receivers! Every file and information on this website are only for educational purposes!"

Anybody know where the official site is as I have tried to find but no luck. Keeps coming back to the one above!

Thanks
    ....**SEE YOUR PM*****...,or La ver tronics web site
    Last edited by JOE.MADDISON; 22-11-2016 at 10:11 PM.

Thanks
    yo they don't help anymore

Thanks

amiko mini combo virgin channel list

yo they don't help anymore mate, Iv just set one up took a life time but working now, Do any of you here have a upto date virgin cable channels list please.
    thanks

amiko mini combo virgin channel list