Thread: HitechBox stuck on standby

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

HitechBox stuck on standby

Hi
    My box was having a occasional freeze since last few days and I decided to reload the 8th April patch. Patch loaded ok. I opened the Menu and done the factory reset. Now It got stuck on standby after the reset with yellow light on. I put the usb stick back and done OK few times. I get the message with blue screen 'Open File Fail'. I followed the instructions what was on the FAQ but no luck. I can't even turn it off with the remote control. Turning off from the mains still come to standby. Looks like the software got corrupted after the Factory Reset. Could anybody please suggest me how can I revive the Box now? Your help much appreciated. Regards

Thanks
    Thanked 3,596 Times in 1,241 Posts
    Hi have a look at post two here. :- https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...396#post947396

Hope it works.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jeetley2 View Post
    Hi
    My box was having a occasional freeze since last few days and I decided to reload the 8th April patch. Patch loaded ok. I opened the Menu and done the factory reset. Now It got stuck on standby after the reset with yellow light on. I put the usb stick back and done OK few times. I get the message with blue screen 'Open File Fail'. I followed the instructions what was on the FAQ but no luck. I can't even turn it off with the remote control. Turning off from the mains still come to standby. Looks like the software got corrupted after the Factory Reset. Could anybody please suggest me how can I revive the Box now? Your help much appreciated. Regards
    Hi jeetley--- Go on forum Hitech 9000, go to[ new update warning]. Read all replies and by the end you should have the way to sort your box out.Hope there is some help in there for you.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Traveller, Rioseco - Thanks for the reply. I already followed that by renaming s/w force_upgrade_rom with no result.

File Guy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jeetley2 View Post
    Hi Traveller, Rioseco - Thanks for the reply. I already followed that by renaming s/w force_upgrade_rom with no result.
    Hi
    Download the patch again onto a fresh, new, different USB stick then try the procedure again.
    ''Just Rename the Patch Software force_upgrade_rom and press is your remote control many time OKOKOKOKOK until you see your box start get the software back.''

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbvid For This Useful Post:

echelon (29-05-2016), johnhenry (30-05-2016)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Traveller, Rioseco, Jbvid - Thanks very much for all your guidance. I have sorted it after a bit of struggle. It was my USB sticks which wouldn't open the force_upgrade_rom. One of them was a new one. So 2 of them wouldn't open the force s/w, but the third usb which was 10 year old worked a treat. As they say 'old is gold'. It loaded the repair s/w code OK and now the box is back to life again. Thanks once again all for your help. Much appreciated. Regards

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeetley2 For This Useful Post:

echelon (29-05-2016), port06 (29-05-2016)

File Guy
    Thanks
    Hi
    You are welcome a lot of modern USB Sticks are unreliable and tend to fail with corrupted data after a couple of times used, just try for popular brand names.
    jb

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jbvid For This Useful Post:

echelon (29-05-2016), johnhenry (30-05-2016), port06 (29-05-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,596 Times in 1,241 Posts
    Must be your end as it's up and running watching F1 now on 28e.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to traveller For This Useful Post:

Aldo (12-06-2016)