Thread: Protek 9770 connections

Thanks

Protek 9770 connections

Hi, can anyone help please. I have connected my Protek to a Sly HD box and have lost the 2nd signal. This means I cant record on Sly while watching Sly. I have 2 cables and connected into Sly box then out to Protek and then the other dish connection to Protek. Is there any way I can connect to resolve the issue, Thanks in advance

Thanks
    sky boxes DO NOT HAVE A LOOP OUT sat connection,only way to do it is you have 2 cables from dish ,one of these straight to sky box input 1,,cable 2,from dish to protek sat in then a short length of sat cable from the protek sat loop(out) to the sky box sat input 2,this will allow protek and sky box to be used independently BUT IF YOU WANT TO RECORD WITH THE SKY BOX YOU MUST PUT THE PROTEK BOX INTO STANDBY,to use both boxes independently at all times you will have to FIT QUAD lnb to dish and run a new cable from output 3 of the quad lnb.

Thanks
    Thanks that is what I have done so I guess I must have another issue to sort out. When I connect both to Sky then both signals work but when I connect the protek it shows 1 signal on Sky

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Not possible to use the loop through with a sky box.( unless there is a widget that I am unaware of).

Just done this . I have connected LNB1 on the sky box to the loop through of the protek. On the sky box signal strength page, Input 1 has low strength but high quality, while the LNB2 (input 2) has full bars. When the protek comes on only a few channels are available on the sky box. I'm assuming this is something to do with how sky have set the boxes up. Joe's solution is probably the best option with running another cable from the dish to your protek box. When I cycle through the channels on the protek ( Vertical/Horizontal) and leave the skybox on ITV1 the channel goes on and off. When the channels move from vertical/Horizontal. V/H are the polarisations of the frequencies.

The other option is to have one cable to the sky box and one to Protek box. You would have to put the skybox into single feed mode services-settings press select 0 1 select and the new menu opens down to single feed mode and turn on and save. This would mean you'd lose the ability to record and watch a different channel.

I've also tried the reverse with LNB 2 to the loopthrough.

The only time the skybox works completely is when the protek is in standby mode.

Hope that helps.