Thread: lost channels

Thanks

lost channels

hi guys
    wonder if anyone can help, or is having same problems.
    installed latest channel list from compass but have lost numerus channels, like fox uk, sky sports 1/3, F1 and a few others
    checked frequencys on king of sat and they are correct
    has me a little puzzled now
    any help or advise would be of much help.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    we had another similar thread last week and it seemed that even after the new transponders were scanned they had the same problem

the point was they didnt differentiate between having "lost channels" as in the old transponders didnt work, compared to having "lost channels" because IK$ didnt open the new replacements or their "server" failed to open them

reception is one thing , decoding is another , so if you are receiving the new channels but cannot decode them , then the decoding issue is not allowed to be discussed on here (which I suspect is your problem) - as these are sly channels we cannot advise you on decoding them (check the rules)

Thanks
    Thanks echelon, channels in question are there but no signal
    Said channels have been very poor for a while, hence why I installed updated channel list
    Unsure of what to do now as my knowledge is very limited

Thanks
    no signal is a reception issue, so start by deciding if your dish is fixed or motorised, if its moved due to the storms we have had (like mine had in december , my motor had moved) - has damp got in the coax ? are the connections tight ? , try it on a fixed dish , preferably a sly dish where you know the sly box works, possibly in another house like a relative of friend , eliminate all possibilities and the one left is the culprit

assuming you are in the UK you should have no problems with correct transponders and sig and quality should be high on both if you use the info button to check

so if its a motorised system, check it hasnt moved, check your gps longitude and latitude are correct for your location (as the compass location is likely to be different) , use dishpointer to check those details as last week one guy here was 3 degrees or more out due to incorrect gps information (or human error)

if you post back, give an idea where you are (nearest town or city , and country), fixed or motorised dish , affected transponder details etc

Thanks
    Sorry echelon I should have been clearer, it's a motorised dish, I'm in the UK East Yorkshire Coast near hull/Bridlington
    Signal and quality have been poor lately but just put it down to weather
    Have been using compass channel lists for some time with no problems
    To be honest with you I wouldn't have a clue how to check if dish has moved sat Paul installed system an set it all up

Thanks
    ok , check your lat and long are correct in the menu for a start

if they are, and if its still poor quality, I would hazard a guess at saying the weather and storms have moved your dish or pole or motor, so it would need realigning , either by yourself or by him or another sat engineer

one of the problems of having all the work done for you is you dont learn how to do it yourself and fail to learn how to maintain it yourself too , so when things go wrong it costs you to get it repaired (like cars)

Code:
    Address: bridlington
    Latitude: 54.0853°
    Longitude: -0.1988°

so your longitude is about 0.20 West

and latitude is about 54.1 North

ps , being on a motorised dish doesnt stop you from testing it on a working sly fixed dish at a friends or relatives house

Thanks
    Long an lat are correct
    If dish had moved would it affect all channels?
    Most channels are 70 an 80% S
    and between 40 an 60% Q
    And like I said many no signal at all

Thanks
    it would affect some more than others, unless it had moved a degree or more in which case most or all would be affected

what I would do is try different longitudes and see if you can get it back or not, so try 0.00 west , 0.05 west , 0.08 west , 1.00 west and say 0.03 east, checking the affected channels for signal and quality , you might find its only partially moved and so 0.03 east or 0.08 west might work if its less than half a degree of movement , but if the dish has gone up or down then this wont have any effect

and in any case, as I keep saying (and you keep ignoring), you should be testing it first of all on a fixed sly dish, to prove it works on a working FIXED dish , which would be the first thing I would do

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,403 Posts
    40-60% signal quality isn't that good, but that depends on the channels/satellites, and dish size.
    Can you please post more details:
    Dish size
    A few satellites, and channels/frequencies, from East, and West, including 1W, 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E, 28.2E.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (01-03-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    " To be honest with you I wouldn't have a clue how to check if dish has moved sat Paul installed system an set it all up "

Then surely that should have your first port of call, as he was the person that set your system up and will know if the dish needs to be re-aligned or not.