Thread: Amiko Mini Combo Advice needed password protected help

Thanks

Amiko Mini Combo Advice needed password protected help

Hi
    I have a Amiko Mni Combo Full HD Digital Satelite & T2 which Iv had for a year, but never got the full 12 months use out of it due to it getting corrupt.
    I eventually got it changed but I didn't get a full 12 months again so I have lost 6 months use and the box is password protected, the guy who sold it to me is either not available or always too busy, so my thinking is this, is there anything I can do to make it work again to override the password put new firmware on and get new channels. Im not sure how to do this if it is at all possible iv lost a lot of money on this so I'm not very happy. Any help and advice would be gratefully appreciated
    thanks

Thanks
    try contacting lav a tr on i cs, they are main dealers i think misss out the spaces
    Last edited by JOE.MADDISON; 28-02-2016 at 09:45 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JOE.MADDISON For This Useful Post:

Nyota (29-02-2016)

Thanks
    Hi
    I have tried resetting my Amiko mini combo HD digital T2 with usb but now I get SW is not designed for this HW, please change back to official SW ----0e080a00001e82 ??
    so what should I do now, do i use a rs232 cable if so what should I use to reflash it with
    but another problem now
    I have tried to flash my Amiko mini combo but I dont have a 9 Pin on my pc to connect the 9 Pin RS232 Serial Port to 3.5mm Jack Programming Cable.
    How can I get around this anyone know? Would a usb to 3.5 mm jack work if there is such a thing?

On the back of the Amiko box it says RS232 here which is a 3.5mm jack plug.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    read post #2 , join their forum (if it still exists) and ask on there where like minded users and owners may be able to help you

as for the pc problem, I suggest you track down an old XP pc , tower or laptop with the 9 pin fifo com port and use that for reprogramming boxes (there are millions out there and many going to charities or the dump every day) - ie:- dont bother with these fancy adapters, they are useless in my opinion and could cause you to brick the box

if a job is worth doing, its worth doing properly and that involves 2 things, getting the correct tools so in this case an old xp pc with 9 pin com port, and finding the correct site with the info and help and pc tools you require , so tools and research , that research should lead you to where joe pointed you , getting an old XP pc is down to you and gumtree or your local tip or finding somebody with an old one in the garage

Thanks
    nyota i have found web contact and tech support phone number for you its............look in your p/messages

Thanks
    Thank you JOE got your Pm really appreciate it

Thanks
    Ok I spoke to who Joe recommended and they helped me as much as they could seeing that I wasn't a customer of theirs but still very helpful and so I got all the leads RS232 toolbox firmware from their site. I have tried flashing it several ties and nothing just keeps coming up with transfer failed can anyone give me some help please Im just fed up now not sure what to do

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nyota For This Useful Post:

miss-peanut (24-11-2016)

Thanks
    Last edited by miss-peanut; 24-11-2016 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Admin would not allow a link to a help guide PDF I made