Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CCcam install help

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    not interested in what has happened before

only interested in you following the simple instructions you have been given

its clear to me that you have win10 installed and have not set up the correct file associations

I have just tested this method in win10 and the option is there, so no good telling me that it isnt , its been there in every windows version since 1995 , thats in 20 years

it has open , open with and also has edit with notepad++ too (in the right mouse menu)

if you follow the simple instructions myself and ten below gave you it will work, no matter what associations are setup (or not)

my advice ? follow the instructions you have been given , not your previous methods, because our instructions are the correct way to do the task

you have 3 experienced people telling you what to do and how to do it, so stop arguing with us and follow our instructions

windows never knows what to do with a file, that is why we, the human operators, are required, to tell it what to do

so open the tool first, then make the tool open the file , forget this right mouse trouble for now , get the job done

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Are you trying to open CCcam.cfg using Filezilla, hence the file on your receiver? You need to copy the file, to your PC, first.
    Drag it over to your PC desktop then open it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    Echelon. Mickha. You obviously interpreted my last post.
    I have already dragged and dropped the file over to my desktop and opened in notepad.
    Not too sure yet how to edit the text but will get there eventually.
    Many thanks for all the effort and time in replying to what it may seem simple enquiies but think it probably best not to bother anyone anymore.

Thanks
    learn to use your pc and its programs, plus when asking for help do as instructed, especially if its instructions from 3 experienced members

they say a bad workman blames his tools, in this case you blamed win10, I can assure you that it is not a win10 problem, merely a problem with the owner not setting up win10 properly and not using the tools in the manner their authors intended

not knowing how to use notepad is a problem with your experience and knowledge (or lack of)
    ditto with flash fxp , filezilla , notepad++ and any other such programs

do not uninstall office because this has nothing to do with office , but it has everything to do with YOU not setting up your file associations correctly (for double clicking) and not opening the program first and then opening the file from within it

do not double click files unless you are absolutely confident that you know what will happen and why , this is always the beginners mistake with files, just clicking for clickings sake with little knowledge on why they are doing it or what will or should happen , then when things go wrong they dont know how to fix it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just learn the basics and follow the instructions given, that is all we ask of you

once you have done what we have told you to do, this will work and you will see the thing in action

when its open in notepad++ , click the cursor to the beginning of the first line and press return
    this will drop the top line down by one line
    click the top line (empty) at the left hand side (beginning) and paste in the n line you have copied from elsewhere

or type in your N line on that top line, without making any mistakes

now save the file using the exact same name and suffix, so it overwrites the original

now ftp (transfer) that amended file back to var/etc and overwrite the file on the box

restart enigma2 and ensure cccam is the chosen emu , then test your channels

Thanks
    Is it the right file you have opened is it the cfg file easiest way I find is delete the file and make your own or delete everything in the file and replace with your Nline.

Thanks
    Echelon, not too sure how you came to the conclusion I was blaming anything or anyone as I only made a reference to "Office" as a potential problem and not a cause.
    Worked in a engineering and trade environment all my life and never blamed my so called "tools" and at any time for my occasional inadequacies.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Try practising copy, and paste, with your line, if you haven't down it before.
    Left click, on your mouse, and hold the button down.
    Drag the mouse, over your line, including the C:, or N:, highlight it, then right mouse click and select Copy.
    Now click in the CCcam.cfg do***ent, right mouse click and Paste.
    Once done click the File option, and Save.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    because with every post from post #07 its clear you dont understand the basics ,

Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    hda5, thanks once again for the reply but the terminology and detail is a little beyond me at the moment. Will need to learn about Images and plugins for example.
    Will purchase one and start playing once I feel confident enough but need to start learning on page 1 first.
    have not learned to use notepad despite it being a 20 year old program, you say office opens when there is no "office" program (its a suite of programs by microsoft that includes word , excel , outlook , powerpoint and access) and despite you mentioning flash fxp and filezilla etc you dont appear to know how to use them

fair enough if you say from the outset that you dont know how to use these tools , yet you blame win 10 or office for your ills when its as clear as day to everyone who has replied that you are not opening the program first and then opening the actual file from within the program

at no time did I tell you to drag and drop the file onto your desktop

I told you to ftp the file to your pc (usually into a folder that you have made on the pc) - ftp as in file transfer protocol, or "transfer" in simpler terms (I use flash fxp to do this by selecting the file and choosing "transfer)

you told us that win 10 does not have the "open with" option yet I have checked 2 laptops and a desktop all running win10, including the win10 laptop I am currently using and the "open with" option is there, plus the "edit with notepad++" option is also there after notepad++ is installed as well

people like myself and ten below and mickha are very experienced in these matters and get annoyed when we are told things that are not true

these boxes require some good basic pc knowledge and if used by the newbie can lead to problems , same as if you let a 16 year old loose with a chainsaw , and even an experienced microlight pilot may have trouble flying a dreamliner

therefore we can only judge you by your replies, and so far I dont see evidence of you knowing what you are doing or understanding what we are telling you, so much so that I believe you need to take a basic computer course because I dont get these problems when I tell my 13 year old grand daughter similar answers when she is doing her homework on the laptop or pc and I have never seen her struggle with copying and pasting either.

if you think this process of adding an n line to a CCcam,cfg file is hard , heaven forbid when we get into oscam or something really exacting

I hope you succeed with the info so far, but I have my doubts even if you are superb at your previous day trade , so if it was a mechanic then yes you may have been brilliant, but that does not mean you are any good with a windows pc or a linux satellite box

so assuming you arent, take it slowly and build up those skills, but a pc does not know what to do or how to do it, you are the controller , so learn to control it

none of these current posts are about your new zgemma box , they are all about using your pc or laptop and all the replies have been technically correct and have given you the correct information , this box is nothing like your previous spiderbox where very few pc skills were required

11. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

cannydo (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    Echelon, I can assure you "open with" is not a option running windows 10 and Office Professional 2010.
    I too have tried on two pc;s without having this option when trying to open this particular file.
    Probably best to agree to disagree and put to bed as it is to my mind it is all too confrontational for my liking.

Reply if you wish but I for one will not be viewing or commenting and further as I regret even asking in the first place.

Have a pleasant evening.

Thanks
    I cannot help your intransigence in this matter

but I cannot agree with your last post about win10 and have uploaded a picture of my win10 to prove it

its a shame that you cannot admit your pc failings so far so we could move on, even though everybody who has replied knows the score and it is a simple 2 minute task that you have expanded into hours or days

open is option 1
    edit is option 2
    open with is option 9

and I have checked both filezilla plus flash-fxp and when you have set up your file associations the cfg file opens in notepad (or notepad++ depending which notepad you have chosen)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Cannot believe this is till going santa how about old fashioned DCC which can take care of editing & ftp in one go?
    To say you will not be viewing or commenting and further as I regret even asking in the first place is poor given how many have took the time & persisted to help with what is a basic task.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ten Below For This Useful Post:

echelon (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by santa View Post
    Echelon, I can assure you "open with" is not a option running windows 10 and Office Professional 2010.
    I too have tried on two pc;s without having this option when trying to open this particular file.
    Probably best to agree to disagree and put to bed as it is to my mind it is all too confrontational for my liking.

Reply if you wish but I for one will not be viewing or commenting and further as I regret even asking in the first place.

Have a pleasant evening.

i have just right clicked on my cccam.cfg file which i have a copy of saved to desktop,,,,,,,,,the open with,,,,option is there for sure......i am also running windows 10...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to voyager1972 For This Useful Post:

echelon (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    20151129_101542.jpg

Echelon, looks like looking at your pic that we have been reading and writing at cross purposes (see my thumbnail)
    I learnt early yesterday that the file could be dragged and dropped to my desktop and manipulated with notepad.
    I should have submitted the pic earlier as both pics tell everything.
    Thanks once again for the time and effort and hope it can and be of some benefit to others.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to santa For This Useful Post:

echelon (29-11-2015)

Thanks
    looks like you were trying to do it in filezilla - hence why you see the TRANSFER option, whereas you would use the correct tool FILE EXPLORER on the pc to set attributes or to follow the instructions we were giving you (it used to be Explorer , or Microsoft Explorer , which is a file manager) once the file was on your pc

if you set the attributes using FILE EXPLORER on your pc for the CCcam.cfg file you have transferred , Filezilla and Flash-fxp will let you edit the one "in-situ" on the zgemma, but not until you have set your attributes correctly, it still requires you to set those attributes in the beginning for this to work properly , so you set NOTEPAD++ or notepad for any cfg file and any txt file too

hopefully you will have learned a lot about using the correct tools for each task

just to recap , the lazy persons way is to double click on files, which is fine as long as they have set the attributes for those file names to use the correct tool , so word for docx files , excel for xlsx files , notepad for txt files , vlc for mkv and mp4 and avi and mp3 files , etc etc

but the correct method is open the tool first , then have that tool open the file

so for word, you open word , then use it to open the doc or docx file

using FILE EXPLORER (not filezilla) you select "open with" on the file (using right mouse) and select the correct tool which is what ten below mentioned in his post

I hope you have now digested the info in this thread and have succeeded in getting your n line into that cfg file and that cccam now works for you

21. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

voyager1972 (29-11-2015)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12