Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCcam install help

Thanks

CCcam install help

Can anyone out there point me in the right direction to a fairly simple walk through to load CCcam to the Zgemma s2?

Have looked around the boards but not really found anything but maybe looking in the wrong place.

Any advice or help much appreciated.
    santa

Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to voyager1972 For This Useful Post:

santa (23-11-2015)

Thanks
    Voyager, many thanks for the reply and link but was looking for more of a tutorial than anything else as I am completely ignorant on the subject at the moment. Not yet purchased one yet but sure I will find enough information to get me going.
    santa

Thanks
    Thanked 8,118 Times in 686 Posts
    Do you need help installing actual CCcam or the CCcam config file?

If it's help installing CCcam then it depends what image you have installed on your box.

Some images have a softcam feed already installed that you can access from the plugins menu, other images don't and require manual installation.

We'd need to know what image you have installed or plan on installing before continuing.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hda5 For This Useful Post:

echelon (23-11-2015), santa (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    hda5. like I said I do not yet own one of these boxes and my inquiry was only for personal research reasons.

I have a n line that I currently use on a spiderbox and thought I might share it with the zgemma on the same network and was under the impression that CCcam needed to be installed when purchasing a new box but sounds from your post maybe not.

Many thanks for the time and trouble taken in replying to my question and feel sure once purchased will sort things out.

santa

Thanks
    If you want to use your N: Line using CCcam when you buy your box, you’ll have to:

1. Install CCcam which is available to download on some images in the Plugins -> Download Plugins -> Softcams menu.

2. Paste your N: line into the CCcam.cfg file and save it. You’ll then have to use an FTP client to transfer the CCcam.cfg file from your PC to the ZGemma. CCcam.cfg goes in the /etc folder on most images and the /usr/keys folder on OpenATV images.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hda5 For This Useful Post:

echelon (24-11-2015), Nikkas (28-11-2015), santa (25-11-2015), tinto de verano (24-11-2015)

Thanks
    hda5, thanks once again for the reply but the terminology and detail is a little beyond me at the moment. Will need to learn about Images and plugins for example.
    Will purchase one and start playing once I feel confident enough but need to start learning on page 1 first.

Thanks
    hda5, just had a look at your "hda5's OpenATV 4.2 Backup Image for ZGemma-Star 2S" instructions and the mist has begun to lift.
    Just purchased one on the strength of it.
    Many thanks.

Thanks
    Support Satpimps by buying your ZGemma from our sponsor, Goldwafers.
    https://www.goldwafers.co.uk/Zgemma-...PVR-Ready.html

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hda5 For This Useful Post:

Nikkas (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    All set up ok but still cannot fathom how to edit the n line either with the remote or using filezilla or flash fxp.
    Get to the CCcam.config file easily enough but only opens in microsoft office showing four files flash fxp, CCcam mg cfg and newcamb

Think I need to edit the CCcam file but only displays in picture format and not text. Nearly there I hope.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    ftp the file to your laptop , open in notepad plus , add the n line and save using the exact same filename , ftp the amended file back to the box, overwriting the one in there

if you change the file attributes on your laptop to open those files using notepad or notepad plus, they wont open in word or any other program (they cannot open in office as its not a program, so must be opening by default using an individual office program , like word for example)

the CCcam.cfg file normally sits in var/etc on most images

Thanks
    echelon thanks for the reply but do not understand what ftp is short for.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    FTP is just File Transfer protocol, it's a long standing method, of transferring files, to, and from, your PC.
    If you download Filezilla, a free FTP program, and connect it to your receiver, you will see the files, from your PC, on one side, and the files, located on your receiver, on the other side, allowing you to copy, edit, or add/replace files.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (28-11-2015), Nikkas (28-11-2015), santa (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    Mickha, ok and thanks. Got there in the end but still cannot prevent office on windows 10 from opening file automatically and cannot yet work out how to copy and edit this CCcam file using notepad plus .
    On the verge of uninstalling office.

Thanks
    install notepad plus

open it , use the menu to select the file and select the CCcam.cfg file you have sent to your laptop or pc

so install the program , open it from within notepad plus , edit it , save it using same name and same suffix

ftp back to the box , replacing the existing file when asked

you could use notepad from M$ if you wanted to , but notepad plus is a better option, and its free

if you stop double clicking the file on your laptop, ms office wont open , therefore, dont get office involved in the first place

earlier you mentioned flash.fxp and filezilla , hence I thought you knew what FTP was (plus google would have told you)

its your lack of pc knowledge that is holding you back, not m$ office

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Mickha (28-11-2015), saintomer1866 (28-11-2015)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Don't uninstall office, it's just been associated to open the file.
    Right click, on the do***ent, and select the "open with" option, select the "Choose Default program" option, navigate to Notepad, or better still Notepad ++, if you've downloaded it, and tick the Always Use box.
    Beaten to it by quick typist echelon, again
    Last edited by Mickha; 28-11-2015 at 01:23 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (28-11-2015)

Thanks
    Mickha, have used this option in the past when opening do***ents but when right clicking on CCcam there is no option to "open with"
    Not sure if this has anything to do with windows 10 or not as have never had this issue before.

Thanks
    Start notepad++ click file at the top left then open & browse to your CCcam.cfg file then it will open.

Thanks
    works fine for me in win10, top option in the menu , then click on more apps, leaving the tick box in the box saying "always use"

in any case, the method I described works and is the correct method to open any file by using the tool or program first and then telling that tool to open the file , which is also the method described in the post above by ten-below

its obvious that your file associations are not set up correctly in win10 , the method mickha describes is the correct way to fix those associations but is irrelevant to your current problem which is caused by not using programs correctly

Thanks
    Mickha Echelon, have used this option in the past when opening do***ents but when right clicking on CCcam there is no option to "open with"
    Not sure if this has anything to do with windows 10 or not as have never had this issue before.
    Have now found that I can use the drag and drop option to my desktop but this is a very big text file and reading through it cannot come to any type of decision where my n line needs to sit.
    Thanks for the time and trouble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast