Thread: DM500 lost fta channels?

Thanks

DM500 lost fta channels?

Hi. This is my first post of the forum. Hi . I was a member of a another forum which I realized today has ceased to exist. So I'm here for some advice.

I have an old SD DM500 which I have used very seldom for the last 5 or so years. I have flashed various images to it in the past and update the channel lists now and then to keep it up to date.

I switched it on for the first time in a few weeks yesterday and I couldn't get channel lock on any of the fta channels. I could get most of the sky channels (they don't open as I don't have a viewing card).I tried to do a satellite scan but I couldn't lock into many transponders. I have just installed a new LNB on my dish. However I am still able to get all the FTA channels on my freesat receiver. The new LNB is a dual feel one as I have moved the DM500 to another room in the house. Previously i had a single feel LNB. Im a bit perplexed as to why I can get good signal and clear all the FTA channels on the freesat box but the DM500 has taken a wobbly. I used 20m coax, perhaps the tuner on the DM500 is considerable weaker than the Freesat box? Iv tried moving the dish (which is steerable) with the DM500 to try and lock onto the FTA transponders but cant get anything.

What could I try to fix the problem?

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    have you tried adding the catseye ENIGMA 1 channel lists to the dm500 ?

found in the E1 settings forum here on satpimps

also make sure you have a good direct connection to the dish and lnb, not via another box

Thanks
    you could also try the commando image which works very well with 28e

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to voyager1972 For This Useful Post:

echelon (27-03-2015), lostone (29-03-2015)

Thanks
    Still perplexed by this one. On the freesat receiver I can open some of the channels but not all. Strangely the ones I can open seem to be getting a really good signal.
    On the dm500 I can get channel info on all the sky channels and program info so I know theoretically I can open them, but I cant get any of the FTA BBC etc channels.

I suppose I could have knocked the dish slightly out of line however Id have thought that moving the dish with the motor would correct this. I cant seem to lock on to the channels at all since swapping to the twin LNB.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Can you please post the names, frequencies, polarity, S/R, (Synbol Rate), of the channels you can receive, and open, on your FTA receiver, along with the signal quality readings.
    Have you tried the cable, currently in your freesat receiver, on your Dreambox, or are you just using a cable from the second output, on your twin LNB?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    this sounds similar to a problem i had with 500 tuner. It stopped picking up various chns my prob being sly chns abandoned the box in the end for viewing used as a server now

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Learning For This Useful Post:

alexbad101 (21-07-2015)