Thread: VU+ SOLO - Satellite list

Thanks

VU+ SOLO - Satellite list

Hi all,

I tried to search a bit for the issue I am having, but found nothing related so here I am posting it.

I recently moved to UK from NL, where I bought a VU+ solo but actually basically never used it.
    The house I am renting has a dish which should be pointed to Astra 2E/2F or Eutelsat 28A, as this is
    ( I seem to understand) the basic satellite for UK.

Now, I would expect to be able to receive/see all FTA channels on the satellite, maybe after a search
    or something but not after long.

In reality things go quite differently, however: first of all, I do *not* have Astra or any other sat in my
    list...Only HotBird, which is the one mostly used in EU mainland. I can't choose anything different, no
    matter what I try.

I have tried factory reset and numerous searches, but in the end I cannot watch a single channel whatsoever.
    If you go in "the guts" of the system, however, it shows that the LNB receives a signal and locks onto the
    frequency with some SNR and AGC values...So I assume the signal is there but something else is preventing
    me to enjoy it

I have downloaded an "image" from the VU+solo help section (thanks for the guide btw!), and hope to
    be able to fix at least basic things like the list of satellites.

My step 0 would just be able to see FTA programs from the Astra sat. Would I need an internet connection
    to setup the box? Because I do not have one at the moment....

However, it looks to me that my first goal should be simple...I think that if I bought a simple cheap box
    in the supermarket I wouldn't have had the smallest problem with this...

Any suggestions highly appreciated!

Cheers,

M

Thanks
    Try loading a channelist from here first you are absolutely sure your box is receiving a signal. You failed to mention if this is a fixed dish or motorised??

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cannydo For This Useful Post:

echelon (13-04-2015), MikeAn (14-04-2015)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    The first thing you need to do is set up the Tuner.
    Which image have you loaded?

Try going into the menu, Setup, System Searching, Tuner Configuration.
    Select Simple, Single, and Astra 2, 28.2E, then try scanning the satellite.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    bear in mind this is astra 2 at 28 east, not astra , astra is at 19 east

the catseye lists are good for this task, in the E2 settings forum here on pimps

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

cannydo (13-04-2015), MikeAn (14-04-2015)

Thanks
    I'm a bit confused here you have no internet do we presume your using a fone or tablet to be on this forum?

Thanks
    Hi Guys,

thanks for your reactions! Cannydo, I can access internet from work, relatively freely after working hours as I am doing right now.
    At home I have a pseudo-reception through the cellular network, but where I live (as absurd as it is) there is very poor infrastructure and no fiber whatsoever.
    Therefore I am procrastinating with the purchase of any service.
    Did I mention that I live here since 5 weeks?

Cannydo : it is a fixed dish in the house I am renting. I am sure I am getting a *lock*, with nice SNR and AGC. But when I perform a search, I end up with
    a very small list of channels which then I cannot visualize...I suspect this is due to the wrong satellite definition.

Michka : I have *no* Astra option on my satellite list. I have tried to set the Tuner up as you mention, but no luck. The only possible set up is Eutelsat
    Which is fine in a sense, as long as you live in mainland Europe as I did up to 5 weeks ago.

More in general, I have *no clue* of what image I have loaded, it is more or less out of the box...I learnt what an image is (more or less) by reading in this Forum.

So I was thinking that would be a first step: to load a "fresh" image...But it will take me some fiddling and hopefully towards the week-end I will find the time...

Before that, I could try to just upload a channel list, as Echelon suggests? Will look for the "E2 section" (a bit of Sherlock here :-) )

Thanks guys, will keep you posted!

Michele

Thanks
    LOL E2 --> Enigma2 :-D

I had downloaded it...probably try to up it with VCC would be my low hanging fruit, also to get familiar with VCC...

M

Thanks
    Hi everybody,

as promised here I am with some good news!

Well, the good news wasn't necessarily the promise, but is a nice byproduct of the experience, though.

I am now able to watch all FTA channels on Astra2

To achieve that, I simply uploaded the channel list as suggested in this thread, once I got VuCC to work, and in general
    once I could connect to my Vu through Ethernet.

I struggled a bit with automatic IP, DHCP, Nameservers, Gateway, before I decided to go drastic and
    just assign to both PC and Vu a fixed IP address (198.162.xx.xx), and choose for *no* DHCP and eliminate Gateway and Nameservers.

I suppose those are to connect the Vu to the internet, so since my internet is already very limited and I use my cell as my router,
    I decided I did not need it.

Before I tried with static IP, I had VuCC to crash few times. Well, not exactly crashing, more like read fault at some memory address.

By trying I also discovered that you can access the HDD directly from a web browser interface, or even use ftp, be it your Chrome or FileZilla.

Nice

I still have to go two steps in my plan for world conquering, though. Looking for the correct sub-directory in the Forum.

Thanks a lot guys, you really helped me here.

Cheers,
    Michele

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MikeAn For This Useful Post:

echelon (18-04-2015)