Thread: Ferguson fbox 2

Thanks

Ferguson fbox 2

Looks like a nice allround media box for the money (less than 70 quid)
    running on 4.4 kitkat with all the goodies included (preinstalled xbmc too).
    Android 4.4 KitKat
    ARM® Cortex™-A7 Quad-Core CPU
    Wireless, gyroscopic remote
    HDMI 1.4
    Ethernet + built-in Wi-Fi 2.4G 802.11b/g/n
    USB PORT
    SD / Micro SD SLOT
    USB OTG

Google for one if you are interested as I can't see it at sponsors ,looks better value and spec than the Mag
    Not trying to pitch someone elses product, just found it interesting, that's all

Thanks
    Yes, very tempting - got an email from a well known site/supplier this morning advertising this for £59.99!

Thanks
    Lol, got an email too.. perhaps I am not as good a customer coz my offer was for 69.99 (to protest the unfair treatment I wont be buying Its a good piece of kit nonetheless
    Last edited by Roadrunner; 17-12-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Lol, got an email too.. perhaps I am not as good a customer coz my offer was for 69.99 (to protest the unfair treatment I wont be buying Its a good piece of kit nonetheless
    Yes you are quite correct mate - it WAS £69.99 - its me old memory failing me - yet AGAIN!! lol!!

Thanks
    I was quite serious about me not being a good customer of theirs though.. Never bought anything from them To be fair on them its a good shop with excellent value products (would probably visit if I needed to buy gear that our sponsor doesn't stock.) For what I need I am extremely happy with the service that LEE provides us with ( and several friends of mine that I gently pushed towards Goldwaffers whenever they needed to buy something)

Thanks
    As long as they stock what I want, I would always ask Lee for the best deal he can do, as he's a REAL gem, always SO helpful!
    Cheers Lee.

Thanks
    Do you see the market for this box as basically turning a TV into a Smart TV. Or given it has XBMC capabilities could it, with an attached hard drive (which I presume is external) or SD card, become a fully functioning media server.

Reason I ask is that I have a couple of Squeezebox's connected to my PC which runs Logitech Media Server. One of the Squeezebox's is getting long in the tooth and I was considering building a Raspberry Pi replacement. But something like this may do the trick.

Thanks
    Probably a better choice than a 'smart' TV unless TV makers are going to ensure regular updates keep coming to firmware which experience tells me just will not happen coz their only interest is stuffing their pockets.

£70 for a TV stick in a bigger box....hmmmmmm. Not for me & not at that price but for someone who is looking for a quick 'smart' tv type solution it is definitely worthy of consideration. Especially if you are an Android fan and can keep family members off Candy Crush.

Thanks
    basically these are just the same as the chinese mx boxes ,,,which i have 2 of....they work great + there are a few android apps with great movies and tv shows available on the net that would put netfli* and ama**n prime to shame " with the added bonus of being free ".
    a great addition to any tv "smart or not "