Thread: How to create BISS key file for new Keys Intelsat 907

Thanks

How to create BISS key file for new Keys Intelsat 907

Hi

Hi

I now have quite a few friends who have gone down the Intelsat route for BBC on my suggestion. However they all would like me to do the key change when it happens and wondered whether there is an easy way to create a file with the new key which I could put on a USB stick and install on their s1600's? My research so far mentions a coconut plugin - not sure if I am on the right track - but can find little info on how to achieve this. Is there another way without a plugin? Any pointer please would be very helpful.

Thanks

Thanks
    Hi
    I have the same problem and the guy who installed the system is taking 2-3 weeks to change the keys.
    The keys can be found quite easily but creating the file is the problem as I am not very technically minded.
    Did you have any joy with your query.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Hi both above.

I did not need to create a new file for the b** keys on my Icecrypt just enter the code on the remote when in cam menu and under keys you should find entry for biss and bb* biss.
    open it and enter the new keys over the old ones using the remote.
    Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Sent you a PM

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brynic View Post
    Hi both above.

I did not need to create a new file for the b** keys on my Icecrypt just enter the code on the remote when in cam menu and under keys you should find entry for biss and bb* biss.
    open it and enter the new keys over the old ones using the remote.
    Hope this helps.
    I did not either but getting some people to enter the stuff with a remote seemed beyond some people!! I was looking at how I could send a file with the info as an alternative. Not followed up on doing it that way but might have a look over Xmas. Thanks

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Entering the keys in the cam menu is so much easier than updating the SW,also nothing is changed on the box except the keys,whereas when you reload the SW everything has to be reset so I always use this method

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbadger View Post
    I did not either but getting some people to enter the stuff with a remote seemed beyond some people!! I was looking at how I could send a file with the info as an alternative. Not followed up on doing it that way but might have a look over Xmas. Thanks
    I would recommend writing the method step by step with exact instructions and comments to help the first time users. Inputing the 1407 code was something I was stuck on. I was looking for a box to input the digits the same as login boxes etc on all websites. With proper instructions I would have managed first attempt.

Thanks
    I have and some people cannot follow instructions even when given every key press! A technology phobia