Thread: No signal. Please help.

Thanks

No signal. Please help.

Hi guys. Im Av. New to this forum and need help.
    Two days ago i didnt get any signal and could not find any while moving esst or west. Then today i factory reset it and loaded a patch amd it came on for 10 secomds amd lost signal again. I dont know what to do? My dish i believe is motorized as i always comtrolled it through remote to move east or west to find signal. Any advice guys? What can i do to fix it. Thanks.

Thanks
    Just to say thats its 28.2 that im trying to find. But still no luck. :( do i need to set long and lat? Should it be on motor or USALS?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Do you have a motor?
    Do you get other satellites?

Thanks
    Yes. I do have a motor. I always use to get others too. But nothing now. Nothing at all. I never use to set lomg and lat. but should I? Its just when im on motor setup I cant find any signal at all moving. It was on when i reset it and installed a patch. But only for 10 seconds then signal went.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Did you load a channel list, as it would appear that you have no channels stored so the dish does not know which Sat to go to, after you install a channel list you will have to move the dish to each Sat(s) and store the position(s), this would appear to be the latest channel list for your receiver:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...D-Channel-List

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

echelon (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Beat me to it mate, just realised he load channel list.
    If he has original ch list reload and will be ok.

Thanks
    Yes. I did do that. I have all the sats and i have the 28.2 channel list. But when i go to the sat and go to motor setup and move east and west, i cant find any signal. I had a motor. Should it be on the motor or usals? Indont know why i am getting no signal.

Thanks
    Also sorry. When i said loaded a patch i meant loaded a channel list, NOT a patch. I factory reset it and loaded a channel list. That is all. Should i have done anything before

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    most people use usals, in which case try adding your location

if its diseqc v1.2 instead, then you may have to find and store each satellite yourself

usals is easier to manage , providing your motor accepts usals ?

Thanks
    I believe it does. What is the co ordinates for london uk? Thanks in advanced guys

Thanks
    And by location you mean long amd latitude? What are the london uk ones. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by avni88 View Post
    And by location you mean long amd latitude? What are the london uk ones. Thanks
    satnav , google , bing maps , dishpointer , loads of places on the net if you look , as well as your satnav if you have one , dont expect it to be done for you , use the internet to find out anything you do not know

Thanks
    Tried that also then tried finding signal on motor setup. Still nothing. No singal when moving east or west. Sadly i think it has failed me

Thanks
    sounds to me that you have loaded a list with someone else s lat and long, the dish will be moving to the wrong position,the reason you got a signal for a short time was you dish moved to and the past a satellite,giving you a quick flash of a signal,you need to input, and your correct lat and long settings and fine tune your dish onto sats.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JOE.MADDISON For This Useful Post:

echelon (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Maybe he would be better off using Diseqc for the time being as he is having problems finding his coordinates for London, which area, try inputting your Post Code to find those coordinates, so in the mean time Set up for Motor, and move the dish East or West until you find 28.2 East, then you have a starter.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

echelon (20-10-2014)

Thanks
    I have tried that non stop. tbh I dont think the dish is moving at all, ive been moving east and west for 2 minutes on each side. Not a bit of signal, just red at 25%.
    I have no idea why. Could it be the dish not moving at all? Is there any engineer in London that can fix it? I dont know what to do next.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Can you check your receiver, on another dish, even a Sky dish, this will help track down the problem.
    If the receiver is working fine then check you cable connections, at both dish, and receiver, if these are fine then check if your dish is moving, take a look at it when it is at an Easterly point, then use the receiver, to move it west, and see if it has moved.
    If the motor is working it could just be a faile LNB, which are cheap.
    You can also try using a cheap satellite meter:

Connecting this between your receiver, and LNB, will show if things are working, even if your dish is not pointing at a satellite, as it should light up, and you can get a signal by increasing the sensitivity, turning the knob left.
    If you get a signal try moving the dish and see if the signal increases.
    Please post back once you have managed to check your receiver on another dish.
    Attached Images Attached Images

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

Aldo (21-10-2014)

Thanks
    I had and old system where sometimes the dish would not move and had to do a step to nudge it if you like. This happens periodicly with my Spider once nudge it's okay the remainder of the day. Having said that I can't but help thinking it's cable or lnb in your case or even your dish has moved thus picking nothing up.