Thread: Antenna Overload

Thanks

Antenna Overload

I have just replaced my cable as I had water in the old one. I've connected everything up but now the box stays in standby. If I take the antenna out it kicks in as usual and I get the message no signal. When I put the antenna in it says "Antenna Overload"
    I know the new cable is okay but can't understand why the picture won't come on as it stays in standby.
    Any help is welcome as the wife and kids are kicking off that I shouldn't have replaced the old cable.
    Regards
    Barry

Thanks
    Okay all is well. Tried another box on the cable and that never worked. So took spiderbox to cable in the back room and it worked. Therefore it had to be cable. Checked the connections again and they seemed fine apart from a bit of copper foil that may have been interfering with the F connector. Cut that off and "Hey Presto" all working.
    Can't believe that a little bit of the inner foil could stop it all working but everything fine now. Hope this may be helpful to someone else.
    Regards
    Barry
    Last edited by hugh jardon; 07-09-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks
    Yes, a short circuit will do that.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to renibacterium For This Useful Post:

echelon (07-09-2014)

Thanks
    yes i had the same problem i do leave in aflat and not allowed for a satellite dish excepct the one they have installed and i try to connect my spiderbox hd 6000 on on the satellite one or two co to connection and it stays stand by usually there come two cables from outside remove one of them and connected directly to your box and it will work fine hope this help more details contact