Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amiko Mini HD Combo Firmware and Channel List

Thanks

Amiko Mini HD Combo Firmware and Channel List

Attached is the latest Amiko Mini HD Combo EMU and MCAS firmware along with 'Enhanced Firmware' which includes EMU, latest 28.2 East channel list and access to online channel list and firmware updates (this will be the popular choice for most UK users). Also attached is a guide which explains how to update with firmware by USB stick along with and accessing/using popular features.

Once 'Enhanced Firmware' is flashed to the receiver the first time round you will providing your receiver is connected to broadband internet have access to the online channel list and firmware update features direct from the receivers menu at a few clicks of the remote control, this can be accessed by:

Menu > Internet > Ftp Upgrade > Connect (RED) > Highlight your required update > Upgrade (RED) > All SW + bootloader > OK - The receiver will now automatically download the update, flash the receiver and then reboot.

All SW + bootloader is the suggested method of update to ensure a complete and working flash including channel list and firmware, however it is possible to update channel list only if you wish (not generally recommended), if you would like to though then simply exchange ALL SW + bootloader to Channel list in the above online update instructions and this will ensure that only the channel list is updated (note this will overwrite any local changes you made yourself to the existing channel list, satellites list etc.)
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lavaman For This Useful Post:

azoor (10-07-2016), baadboy (21-11-2016), Fredster1 (02-10-2015), georgebourne (14-07-2016), innocent (11-10-2016), Nyota (28-02-2016), peileadoir123 (18-08-2016), staffyclio (14-12-2016), swats (23-09-2015)

Thanks
    AMIKO-282E-ALLSD+FTAHD-040914-COMBO.rar
    Update September 4th 2014 for Amiko Combo HD as available from Goldwafers HERE

MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE WITH THE ADDITION OF A NEW CHANNEL CATEGORY:

'BBC PACKAGE INTELSAT 907 @ 27.5 WEST'
    FOR ALL THOSE USERS WISHING TO RECEIVE THE BBC, ITV, CHANNEL4 SD AND HD SERVICES AT 27.5W

Adjust 28.2 East channel list settings to provide working version of:
    MTV SUMMER RENAMED TO MTV CLASSIC

AS THIS IS A FIRMWARE UPDATE IN ADDITION TO CHANNEL LIST WE ADVISE FOR ALL TO UPDATE AND ENSURE YOU CHOOSE SW+BOOTLOADER AS THE UPDATE METHOD

Update now available online (Menu > Internet > Ftp Upgrade > Connect (RED) > Highlight your required update > Upgrade (RED) > All SW + bootloader > OK) and for USB update from the attached file

Thanks

Amiko Mini HD Combo Firmware and Channel List

Hay lavaman i have this on my screen IDENT Error --UNINIT! When i turn my amiko mini combo on i cant access controller menu the display on box stays saying on constant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifelad1234 View Post
    Hay lavaman i have this on my screen IDENT Error --UNINIT! When i turn my amiko mini combo on i cant access controller menu the display on box stays saying on constant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...T-Error-UNINIT!

Maybe you should read lavaman's reply in this thread and stick to what he has said in the last post:

Thanks
    Hi Lavaman can you please post the Latest channels list of 28 east for Amiko mini combo HD,thanks

Thanks
    Check out the thread linked to in the post above by Aldo - It's got the latest 28.2 East Amiko Combo HD Firmware/Channel List USB update on there but also a simple guide on how to update online from there on in (once the USB update has been loaded first time round basically), after this you shouldn't need (or at least very rarely need) to update by USB any more, you can simply update online for firmware/channel lists providing your receiver is connected to the Internet with a few clicks of the remote control.
    Last edited by Lavaman; 24-04-2015 at 08:28 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lavaman For This Useful Post:

Aldo (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    i already got firmware and i scan the channels But i want all channels favourit with names like News ,international, etc.if i flash with above link i lost all data ?

Thanks
    A favourites 28.2 East channel list is exactly what the above will provide you with, go for it!

Thanks
    Lavaman installed your channels list But there is no Favourite names Like News international or sports

Thanks
    100% they are included, can you explain how you are loading the channel list?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavaman View Post
    AMIKO-282E-ALLSD+FTAHD-040914-COMBO.rar
    Update September 4th 2014 for Amiko Combo HD as available from Goldwafers HERE

MAJOR FIRMWARE UPDATE WITH THE ADDITION OF A NEW CHANNEL CATEGORY:

'BBC PACKAGE INTELSAT 907 @ 27.5 WEST'
    FOR ALL THOSE USERS WISHING TO RECEIVE THE BBC, ITV, CHANNEL4 SD AND HD SERVICES AT 27.5W

Adjust 28.2 East channel list settings to provide working version of:
    MTV SUMMER RENAMED TO MTV CLASSIC

AS THIS IS A FIRMWARE UPDATE IN ADDITION TO CHANNEL LIST WE ADVISE FOR ALL TO UPDATE AND ENSURE YOU CHOOSE SW+BOOTLOADER AS THE UPDATE METHOD

Update now available online (Menu > Internet > Ftp Upgrade > Connect (RED) > Highlight your required update > Upgrade (RED) > All SW + bootloader > OK) and for USB update from the attached file
    when i hit the red button to connect it says cant connect to server.it wont connect to server so that i can highlight my required update. it used to no problem. or maybe i need a new server to connect to? also tried updating thru usb with no joy any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ulstersaint; 27-04-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Thanks
    Unfortunately I have no idea on this one then other than check you have a connection to the Internet, the server built into the firmware (the one advised you use that is) is the correct one, the server is all fully working (new release just posted today), it can only be one of three things, either you you have old firmware loaded on there (pointing to the wrong update server or not updated by SW+Bootloader), the update server is down (I can confirm this is not the case) or the receiver itself doesn't have a connection to the Internet.

While I don't recall it having changed since then the above firmware update is months old, I would Google for the very latest one which was released today or I can post it tomorrow, you may as well start with the latest by USB update and then after that go with the online updates... Now as it was a new release today with a significant number of channel changes it's possible that the server is busy (unlikely but possible) so in this case try again a little later and see if it's working then if you like before going for the latest USB update instead.
    Last edited by Lavaman; 27-04-2015 at 05:06 PM.

Thanks
    Thank u for your reply. So I basically need :
    Server name
    FTP Server URL
    Anonymous FTP
    User Name
    Password

Thanks again .

Thanks
    Yes those details if you were to set the update server you are connecting to manually or the perhaps better and sure easier the latest 'Enhanced Firmware' updated by USB this time round which will give you the latest 28.2 East channel list along with pre-entered and current FTP update server settings, just make sure you choose SW+Software as the update method.

As soon as I am in front of a PC I will upload the latest USB release which should get you on the right track.

Thanks
    Update April 27/04/15

Channel list update

New Frequency for:

Sky Living
    Sky Living +1
    Sky Atlantic
    Sky1
    Sky2
    Sky Arts 1
    Lifetime
    Showcase
    Information TV
    Showcase+1
    TCM Movies
    Sky Showcase
    IQRA TV
    ABU DHABI TV
    SAMAA
    Sikh Channel
    Chelsea TV
    Sky Sports 5
    Eurosport
    Gospel channel
    Believe TV

If you already have the 'Enhanced Firmware' loaded on then you can update now online (Menu > Internet > Ftp Upgrade > Connect (RED) > Highlight your required update > Upgrade (RED) > All SW + bootloader > OK) or for USB update use the attached file .abs file (make sure you extract it from the zip file first).
    Attached Files Attached Files

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lavaman For This Useful Post:

baadboy (21-11-2016), ulstersaint (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Brilliant all done with usb. Thank you. Are there channel list updates for other satellites and if so is it just the same process with the usb?

Thanks
    hi all

could I use channel list from a amiko micro se to a amiko micro hd

thaxxx mokevin

Thanks
    Unfortunately not, they are different chipsets and not compatible with each other. The old Amiko Micro (red version) and the Amiko Combo both use the same chipset, so while I've not tried it chances are you could get away with loading a Combo channel list on the Micro, just make sure you choose Channel List only as the update method as the firmware itself will be different.

Thanks
    hi guys followed the above, initial flash was fine, update caused error : IDENT Error --UNINIT. i know i need the 3.5 to rs232 converter can someone link me to how to reflash via this method...thanks
    Last edited by ninjagordy; 26-05-2015 at 05:07 PM.

Thanks
    When is the next update due as all the movie channels have changed frequencies...thanks in advance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast