Thread: 6000 hd spiderbox (poor signal or poor picture quality)

Thanks

6000 hd spiderbox (poor signal or poor picture quality)

since everyone on here last helped me with my spiderbox 6000hd box (THANX AGAIN TO YOU ALL)
    some of my channels seem to be lost or they have bad signal problems as they cut off ,mainly the free to air channels like true moves ,true entertainment and even bbc1 .( IT SAYS SCRAMBLED <THEN IT COMES BACK ON OR IT JUST SAYS NO SERVICE)but up until about 3 weeks ago they worked ok
    My friend that first installed my dish suggested i asked for help on here first .
    the dish is roughly 7ft from the ground outside my back door and a lot of trees have grown which suggests to him that the dish needs moving ??
    The question that i am asking is if i get the dish moved ( SAY 6 FT HIGHER THAN IT IS AT MO)
    is it difficult to tune the dish to satelites??
    do i need to get a professional person to do this for me ??
    can i do it easily myself?
    or could the poor picture quality on some channels or the complete loss of the channels be due to something totally different ??
    oh and my friend jason (EVENS ON HERE) i think doesnt want to do it for me as he asked me try myself first .
    If anybody has any suggestions that would be great.??
    My picture quality and strength vary frequently from zero roughly to about 55,,my astra in (sky and uk free to air channels)seem to be the ones most affected,, and most of the other channels on the other satelite 's eg hotbird and astra 1h seem to be okish,, though they do flicker from time to time (it says scrambled service and then it comes back on)

Thanks
    Its easy to realign, try yourself as your friend suggested.

Thanks
    thanks manic 1 ,,
    i have an electrician friend that said he would higher my dish for me ,but i have no idea at all how to realign the dish but i will take your advice and give it a go ,if you or anyone else has some good tips for on how to do this that would be great help to me

Thanks
    dish and motor alignment are dealt with in the sticky threads of this forum you are in

for the uk , make sure your box has the correct usals for your position (same as a satnav)

send it to 0.8w thor and ensure you get say bbc news , then turn off the box

move the mount and reconnect the spiderbox DIRECT TO THE LNB , no motor

switch it on and move the motor until thor is found and peak the signals for bbc news

once done , switch the box off and connect via the motor again

switch the box back on and check the signal on bbc news is strong , then check channels on other satellites

Thanks
    I found that a compass app for a smart phone along with one that specifically pin points satellite positions was very useful (I'm sure there will be an iphone alternative).

Make a note of your current alignment of your dish. Issue a goto 0 from within the Spiderbox then select a satellite very close to zero. Then very very slowly move your dish until you get a signal showing on your Spiderbox - best having someone with you who has loads of patience here. If it worked before and you are simply moving the dish higher then you shouldn't need to have to change any elevations. I found that after a bit of trial an error and patience you can get a signal fairly easily.

There are some more concise instructions on here by people such as Echelon who know a far lot more than me and have been very patient.

My mistake - doing this at night in the middle of winter and asking the wife for help.

Thanks
    thanks echelon ,,i will save this info and use it when i realign the dish ,,
    thnx again

Thanks
    thnx heyho

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Have you tried dishpointer.com?
    You can enter your postcode, select Astra 2, 28.2E, from the drop down satellite box, and zoom in, on the map, to where your dish is located. Move the green icon, to this position, you can then use the obstacle checker function and move the red icon to where the trees are, this will then let you know roughly how much clearance is required.

Thanks
    thnx mikha ,,no i havent yet ,,just got back from work ,,thnx for the tip,,