Thread: Problems flashing Xtrend et6000

Thanks

Problems flashing Xtrend et6000

Hi

I have a ET6000 which I gave to a friend. It has the VIX image on it. It seems to stop working to I am trying to flash it again with a new image. I have tried the latest 3.0 VIX, PLi and other images and have also tried the old VIX 2.3 and 2.4. I have tried to update the bootloader (I think I have already done so) but it just goes to the xtrend 'the gateway for smart linux tv' screen. Im sure it has a new bootloader as it reads only et6x00 and not et6000.

I followed the guide below:

Format USB memory stick FAT32.

Create et6x00 folder in root of memory stick and copy the following 5 files to that location.

1) imageversion
    2) kernel.bin
    3) noforce
    4) rootfs.bin
    5) splash.bin

Insert the USB medium into either USB sockets on the front or rear panel.
    Now Power Off and Power On the box through the powerswitch at the rear panel of the box.

After Power On, ET6000 is detecting if there is ET6000 firmware available on the USB stick.
    When the yellow/orange led shines then there is ET6000 firmware detected.
    To load the ET6000 firmware you'll need to press the up button on the front panel.
    When the green led will shine together with he yellow/orange led then the box is loading the firmware.
    Please be patient because it will take couple of minutes to finish upgrading.
    When the yellow/orange led will disappear then the box is finished upgrading the firmware.
    The box will startup automatically after the upgrade is finished.

Everything work except it startsup and gets stuck at the 'Xtrend The gateway for Smart Linux Tv' screen.

I have been trying to get this fixed all day but not having much luck. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong? Your help will be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Thanks
    Sorry mate. No experience with this model

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I have now used 4 different USB. Many different images and different verions of VIX but can get past the spash screen when the box reloads.

Is the box dead? Do I bin it.

The box is stuck, it has the red and green light. Xtrend (splash screen). I have not other USBs plugged in. Just the power and HDMI

Any help???

Thanks
    I know this reply is rather belated but it might help future flashers!!!!

I had a similar problem last night when I was upgrading the firmware on my mates Cloud iBox. Yes I know its a clone but this issue may effect other boxes (although to be honest it doesn't on my Vu+ Uno).

I've also got a Cloud ibox device so I put the latest Openvix firmware on (via the Vix menu) and created an image which I subsequently downloaded and stuck on a USB drive. Stuck in the USB and Powered on the mates device only to find it skipped the upgrade. Anyway I downloaded the firmware from the site and stuck that on and it worked.

Had a look at the differences in the files and found my image contained the 'noforce' file whilst the site downloaded image had 'force'. So I put my image back on, deleted 'noforce' and copied 'force' and everything worked fine. Seems sort of obvious now but I know that from previous versions of Openvix there was never a 'noforce' file so maybe this latest version does something different and some boxes may be fussy about it.

Thanks
    Do you have 2 transponders in the back of the box if so you need to down load the new bootloader from the makers site once loaded you will see on the screen os1 and os2 this will allow you to choose the transponder that you want has it will only keep going back to your last flash