Thread: octagon sf 1028 - gift isssue

Thanks

Exclamation octagon sf 1028 - gift isssue

hi all

I have a octagon sf 1028 and want to install gift, can it be done by remote control or by usb?

thanks
    d

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I have the Icecrypt stc 6000 which is the uk equiv. As far as I am aware there are no "gift Patches" however there are various pluggins that may do what you want.
    I would start by looking in the Icecrypt section under stc 6000 and pluggin section (this will teach you about the stb).
    What you have is the German model and the Fw is a little different so you cannot use the 6000 Fw plus some of the pluggins may not be compatable.
    There is a German site that will be able to help you (if you understand German) and I can pm details to you.
    Other members may be able to tell you how to convert it to a ice 6000 or even load an Enigma image but I suggest you undwerstand what you have and how best to work it first.
    I am away for the weekend so cannot reply untill Sunday
    Ps there is an Octagon section so you might get help there
    Last edited by geoffh; 06-12-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffh View Post
    I have the Icecrypt stc 6000 which is the uk equiv. As far as I am aware there are no "gift Patches" however there are various pluggins that may do what you want.
    I would start by looking in the Icecrypt section under stc 6000 and pluggin section (this will teach you about the stb).
    What you have is the German model and the Fw is a little different so you cannot use the 6000 Fw plus some of the pluggins may not be compatable.
    There is a German site that will be able to help you (if you understand German) and I can pm details to you.
    Other members may be able to tell you how to convert it to a ice 6000 or even load an Enigma image but I suggest you undwerstand what you have and how best to work it first.
    I am away for the weekend so cannot reply untill Sunday
    Ps there is an Octagon section so you might get help there

Hi geoffh
    Please will you PM me the german website details It will be much appreciated, I heard about a german site that as quite a bit of info for this box but did not know which one. I know that there is little to none info in this country as ive trawled the forums without any success.
    and I will have a look at the icecrypt stc 6000, also if you have any info regarding on how to input the plugins would be a great help.
    Thanks

Thanks

Exclamation octagon sf 1028 - gift isssue

hi all

I have a octagon sf 1028 and want to install gift, can it be done by remote control or by usb?
    or are there any patches that can be loaded and info on correct procedure to load them?

same question for the octagon sf 908 too

thanks
    d

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzle46 View Post
    hi all

I have a octagon sf 1028 and want to install gift, can it be done by remote control or by usb?d
    or are there any patches that can be loaded and info on correct procedure to load them?

same question for the octagon sf 908 too

thanks
    d
    Sorted both counts

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    can you say what you did to help others.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzle46 View Post
    Hi geoffh
    Please will you PM me the german website details It will be much appreciated, I heard about a german site that as quite a bit of info for this box but did not know which one. I know that there is little to none info in this country as ive trawled the forums without any success.
    and I will have a look at the icecrypt stc 6000, also if you have any info regarding on how to input the plugins would be a great help.
    Thanks
    Hi,
    It seems the german website is no longer operational and the word on the streets is Octagon have gone bust so grab what info you can from known sources because support could become very limited for the more unethical plugins

Thanks
    Hold your horses! Octagon Germany has not gone bust, the forum was not run by them but by a third party, I would be very careful in what you write. Octagon is is trading now and will continue to trade. Why would they launch 2 new receivers if they were going bust. Get your facts right