Thread: dreambox 800hd tuner

Thanks

dreambox 800hd tuner

need help with dreambox 800hd ,I have been trying to set up my dream box on and off for about a month now with no success, as soon as i go into tuner configuration ,its coming up as philips dvb-c tuner and will not scan any satellites, can this be changed somewhere in the set up or have i been supplied with a cable box instead of a satellite box .

Thanks
    I would say you have a box with a cable tuner fitted, you can probably buy and fit a sat tuner inside it by replacing the cable tuner with a sat tuner

so no, its not a cable box , its a box , but its a box with a cable tuner fitted instead of having a satellite tuner fitted, there is a difference !!!

in other words, the box has no bearing on the matter, its the tuner that matters

Thanks
    thanks for your quick reply,but what i am trying to say is can i download any software to change tuner or should i send it back to exchange it for dreambox with satellite tuner,because that is what i ordered in the begining.

Thanks
    it needs the physical tuner to be changed to a satellite tuner by removing the existing cable tuner and replacing it with a satellite tuner

its that simple really

therefore, the retailer should sort it out and supply what was ordered

no software can achieve what you want, as the problem lies with the hardware

my point was that you said its a cable box , its not, its a box fitted with a cable tuner for the cable market

you required a box fitted with a satellite tuner for the satellite market , same box, different tuner

Thanks
    thanks for clearing that up for me, the company that i puchased the box off, their customer service was none existent and so it looks like having to buy another tuner ,the next problem i have got is when i go onto tuners for this box its showing two,which one should i be ordering? one is a BCM 4505 DVB S2 the other is a BSBE 2-801A,REV;M.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pdgower View Post
    thanks for clearing that up for me, the company that i puchased the box off, their customer service was none existent and so it looks like having to buy another tuner ,the next problem i have got is when i go onto tuners for this box its showing two,which one should i be ordering? one is a BCM 4505 DVB S2 the other is a BSBE 2-801A,REV;M.
    DMM have not made the DM800 for a long time, but checking mine it has an ALPS BSBE2 (DVB-S2) satellite tuner inside

I would think you have a clone but I have no idea which of those 2 tuners is correct , if any, or if both may work

all I can tell you is what is inside mine, which I have done, your second one seems similar

Thanks

dreambox 800hd cable tuner

It looks that i have been sent a cable tuner in my dreambox 800 hd and would like to order a satellite tuner for it ,could anybody recommend a satellite tuner to fit this box ?

Thanks
    thanks i think i will go with the second one.