Thread: problem with noise? HDMI Hub?

Banned
    Thanks

problem with noise? HDMI Hub?

Yes I know what your saying, I have posted in wrong section?
    Then again read on? I have had my computer connected to the TV with the HDMI cable for a few years now with no problems. Got the spiderbox 6000 HD and got a cable and DIDGIFLEX 3 port auto hub to connect to the one port on my TV.
    Was OK until I switched on the next day? (also I noticed the red light on the hub does not go off) On dark areas of the screen there is red speckled lines like interference?
    My cable going to the computer fell apart so had to change onto a tiny monitor till I get new cable
    ok now to prove I have posted in correct section;
    1 has anyone noticed a similar problem with spiderbox's
    2 Has anyone noticed any real difference using a scart compared with HDMI cable?
    I will try post a pic of it and will disconnect the hub for the night. ant Ideas would be gladly taken.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    I have some 3 port hdmi hubs with the red led and a button to swap ports, with autosense built in , cheap from fle**ay, one of them is connected to my spiderbox 7000 and no problems, another on my duo and the last has a blu ray player and spiderbox through it, again no problems, but I dont have a 6000 to test !!

I did post some pictures here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...derbox-6000-hd yesterday and have the 3 port version with built in hdmi common lead going to my tv,s, one of the pictures shows it

my lad also has one with his spiderbox 9000 running through it, again no problems

the red led will always stay on as it indicates which port is in use

hope that helps ?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

hianta (10-09-2013)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    sometimes when i switch on tv the audio from spiderbox 9000hd is distorted i go into control panel and and switch to scart and back again to hdmi and audio is then ok i get audio ok when i switch to scart although i have no scart cables connected

5. The Following User Says Thank You to welshpaddy For This Useful Post:

hianta (10-09-2013)

Banned
    Thanks
    I will need to wait till I get another cable for computer to try more. I did notice if I went into TV set up and change to 1080i from auto the screen would go black/blank and no sound and had to plug the scart in to get the menu up without rebooting it? I will try a few things when i get a new cable and try to find out were the problem is? It maybe the TV itself? It might not like the hub lol. Thank's for reply' s I'll get back to you soon .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hianta For This Useful Post:

echelon (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    I think its also worth mentioning that the spiderbox 6000 has had issues raised when it is used with certain tv`s, some say its fine on their tv and yet others say its not, with a poor audio being a common complaint

now if we assume that the drivers need sorting out in the firmware patches to fix this, its not inconceivable that the same spiderbox hdmi passive drivers may have issues when plugged into hdmi switches, or maybe just some hdmi switches , as in your case, so a different switch may work ok and yet you may find nothing wrong with your presnet one if using other devices through it

just a thought

9. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

hianta (10-09-2013)

Banned
    Thanks
    OK Just the final update at long last?
    I got another hub and this one never had a hard wired output cable on it. So the problem was the hub was to close to my tv?
    The new hub needs four cables attached (3x in and 1x out)and has a remote for switching. (so I can let it hang down the back and use the remote if needed)

So problem was with tv interference as the old hub was too close to the tv.
    All sorted

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hianta For This Useful Post:

Knacker (02-06-2014), Satcat (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    I was thinking of buying a hub so I will keep your findings in mind. Very interesting.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Satcat For This Useful Post:

hianta (02-06-2014)