Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Discuss/Report bugs etc on Catseye Enigma 2 Settings file here

Thanks
    just to be clear do you want me to open satellites.xml with dreamset and then save the file as satellites.xml and then send to the box??

Thanks
    open up the lamedb file, save it with another name & send to your box using either dreamset or dreambox edit

If you want to you can add a new sat xml file to your box

The current one can be located in etc/enigma 2 to see if this solves the problem

Verified Registered User jackpot18uk's Avatar
    Thanks
    if you've put the satellites.xml file in etc/enigma and the channels are still greyed out and you have been into setup, service searching, tuner configuration, then try placing the satellites.xml file into etc/tuxbox reboot. then go to setup, service searching, tuner configuration,
    Last edited by jackpot18uk; 23-06-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Thanks
    I managed to get it working by copying the satellites.xml from my backup which contained your settings but dated march this year, i then replaced the latest satellites.xml with the file from backup & sent to the box. This has resolved the issue but i cant understand why this would happen as i have always used your settings.

Also do i run the risk of not being able to view certain channels because i am using an old .xml file with new settings??

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dbitalia View Post
    I managed to get it working by copying the satellites.xml from my backup which contained your settings but dated march this year, i then replaced the latest satellites.xml with the file from backup & sent to the box. This has resolved the issue but i cant understand why this would happen as i have always used your settings.

Also do i run the risk of not being able to view certain channels because i am using an old .xml file with new settings??

Thanks
    Add the xml file posted in post 53 here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ile-here/page3

That way you should be able to view all channels m8

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by catseye View Post
    Add the xml file posted in post 53 here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ile-here/page3

That way you should be able to view all channels m8
    I did try that earlier and got the same result.. i will try it again now

Thanks
    That sorted it guys.. i did try this earlier however i just ftp'd the file directly to the box and it did not work.
    This time i copied the xml file into the latest settings and then sent them to the box via dreamedit and all is well.

Thanks again for all your superb work and efforts :-)

Thanks
    Glad its ok for you now

Vu+UNO [ViX-3.0-558-Build CCcam MGcamd][with keys][SpiderBox HD & SD]
    Thanks
    catseye loaded your latest Settings File 75 East-45 West 23.06.13

Working fine on my VU + Uno VIX3.0 (683)
    loaded with DreamboxEdit
    Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks kota for your help. I have followed your instructions but I still cannot config the tuner. I have had several goes now and can not make any progress at all. I cannot see any information in the channel listings eg satellite name after uploading catseye. Pressing the green button has no effect (blank screen). I have noted also there is no longer a default satellite list available during installation. I have a nasty feeling that I have a bigger problem than first thought.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitseggs View Post
    Thanks kota for your help. I have followed your instructions but I still cannot config the tuner. I have had several goes now and can not make any progress at all. I cannot see any information in the channel listings eg satellite name after uploading catseye. Pressing the green button has no effect (blank screen). I have noted also there is no longer a default satellite list available during installation. I have a nasty feeling that I have a bigger problem than first thought.
    Rabbit u can sort this

1.Install image of your choice
    2.send settings to box
    3. add new xml file as per previous instructions
    4.reboot box
    5.Then set up sat configuration
    6.exit menus
    7.press blue button on remote control then left/right keys up/down to locate a FTA channel to check
    8.all should be working ok

Thanks
    Hi catseye. Thanks for the advice. I am using Blackhole 2.0.3 Your points 1-4 fine. (Dish is at Astra 19E). Config is the problem. I select Service Searching and press OK. Select Tuner Config. Press OK. Select Tuner A press OK. Set Config Mode to Advanced.
    Config Mode;- Advanced
    Satellite 1 (options 2, 3, 4)
    LNB 33 (options 34, 35, 36)

I should be getting Advanced, Astra 19E, LNB,1. I just cannot progress from this point. If I exit the menus and press the blue button there is a blank screen
    That aside I have also tried to follow the wizard. Step 3 covers Installing Default Satellite List. When I first tried to this on first time installation it worked fine When i tried to install the default satellites today they are not there! I am just wondering if I have a bug in the system or a missing file. Clutching at straws I am afraid. So to date I have tried following the Vu+ solo manual, Dummies Guide and help from yourself, kota and other so keen to help. I really feel I am letting you all down Thanks so much.

Just another point. If I select the Satfinder option. I get a green screen with a message "we are really sorry. Your STB encountered a software problem...... "
    Last edited by rabbitseggs; 24-06-2013 at 12:43 AM. Reason: more information

Thanks
    rabbit m8 your image is buggered. Do us all a favour. Reinstall the BH image once and for all and start all over again with the advice you've been given here. No point of sorting something which is already doomed.

Thanks
    Thanks kota. How do I uninstall Blackhole? I have already tried to reinstall by overwriting it but that did not work.

Thanks
    Things seem to be ok now. I used the image files already on my pen drive to reinstall blackhole and as I said it did not work. I have deleted those files and reinstalled blackhole on the pen drive. The image has now reinstalled onto the Solo and the problem solved. Thanks Koda.

Thanks
    I got the 'no service' problem with the last few satellite.xml's. It seems the box is deeming the file illegal because of the "&" character. If you change this to a "/" or a "+", the xml then works fine. So, for instance:

"28.2E Eutelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2F" to "28.2E Eutelsat 28A/Astra 1N/2A/2F" or "28.2E Eutelsat 28A + Astra 1N/2A/2F".
    I swapped every "&" in the latest satellite.xml from the 23.06.13 and all is fine. Here is the file:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Very nice job Silsila i guess you must be right on i added and replaced the sat.xml with Catseyes latest bouquet file ... and then loaded it on my DM800SE HD via Dreamset tool and now all sats are showing with correct names and no Errors found whatsoever ,
    not sure how you discovered this fault in the Sat.xml file but it sure works very well like you say .
    thnxs Silsila :respect-054:

Verified Registered User sparky208's Avatar
    Thanks
    hi has this xml been put into the last updated channel list Catseye E2 Settings File 75 East-45 West 23.06.13. list or can some one please do this
    Quote Originally Posted by Silsila View Post
    I got the 'no service' problem with the last few satellite.xml's. It seems the box is deeming the file illegal because of the "&" character. If you change this to a "/" or a "+", the xml then works fine. So, for instance:

"28.2E Eutelsat 28A & Astra 1N/2A/2F" to "28.2E Eutelsat 28A/Astra 1N/2A/2F" or "28.2E Eutelsat 28A + Astra 1N/2A/2F".
    I swapped every "&" in the latest satellite.xml from the 23.06.13 and all is fine. Here is the file:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky208 View Post
    hi has this xml been put into the last updated channel list Catseye E2 Settings File 75 East-45 West 23.06.13. list or can some one please do this
    Just overwrite the satellite.xml with the one I posted, then do what Barney said and use Dreamset or DreamBoxEdit to resend the list to your box.

Thanks
    @Silsila ..just a quick question would this sat.xml of yours work also with E1 Settings aswell or is it only purely for E2 boxes ?
    i had to ask because its bugging me not knowing the answer .
    cheers .
    -
    Barney

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast