Thread: Why E2+Icecrypt S4000 is not right decision

Thanks

Why E2+Icecrypt S4000 is not right decision

After two months of fighting, tested several versions of E2, I present my personal opinion about a set E2 + Icecrypt S4000.
    I bought Icecrypt solely because it was the only Linux based PVR without a cooling fan. On a daily basis I work in a data center and fan noise diuretic works for me.

Set E2 + Icecrypt does not meet the requirements of being a PVR because it does not comply with the following functionality:
    - Play received programs, without crashing at random moments
    - Be able to record one program while watching another, regardless of whether it is SD or HD
    - Be able to play the recorded file, and it's not hanging around the exit of the player function
    - Share the recorded files in the network as a whole and not just the first 2 GB
    - Do not have any completely unnecessary frills that cause only that the device is not house-wife-proof. Moreover, These additives are implemented in super-stable way in NAS and/or Smart TV. For example, Torrent, YouTube, weather, local network playback/streaming etc..
    - Do not hang in the vertical polarization, it is not known why
    - The fact that the connected TV is turned on or off should not have any impact on the work of PVR
    - Should the time when not in use, to be able stay in SHUTDOWN state. A not to be, instead, an additional radiator in the house. Of course, this should not affect to the recording previously programmed shows (Using hardware timer).
    - many, many more undo***ented properties.....

The original soft fulfills these conditions, although it has - from my point of view - only problems with the EPG.

So - less gadgets - more stability.

Kindly regards for all forum members
    Last edited by mackowiakp; 02-03-2013 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Syntax

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mackowiakp For This Useful Post:

plaskotki (05-01-2014)

Thanks
    I sympathize with you mackowiakp, E2 isn't with out its trials.

I've got HDMU's latest 10709 offering, running with most of the above issues fixed (some are just settings), but must admit I also struggle with the family friendly nature of E2, but we must remember by E2's nature it is always going to be under development.

But given the spec's of the S4000 its being left behind by many new box's and at half the price as well. I have other box's running HDMU's E2 and they run a lot slicker.

Keep fighting mate.