Thread: Technomate TM 6902 receiver stuck on channel

V.I.P
    Thanks

Technomate TM 6902 receiver stuck on channel

My 6902 has just stuck on a channel for some reason so I downloaded the latest sofware by RS 232 (usb or any other features are not available) and all seemed to go well loaded 100%

but when I power on the box it is still stuck on the same channel and no responce from the remote.

I assumed it was the caps on the power supply but on removal of the power board they look fine so should I replace them anyway or would something else cause this problem.

Box is about 2 years old. Cheers

Thanks
    Batteries in the remote?

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Ha Ha Ha

Thanks
    If you disconnect the LNB F-connector from the rear,are you able to delete that particular channel that's causing this troubleshot?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    NO can do its locked on that channel with no signal or anything and no signal or responce from remote or front buttons. Something that has never happened before on Technos , I can access the loader menu manually but only the top line is active as I cannot scroll down to do a factory reset even.

Thanks
    try a forced download power off at back
    Place usb stick with previous patch on 6900 or last official one from technomate.
    Have TV on
    press menu button on front pannel, keep it pressed down
    Switch on at back and use USB option in that menu to load firmware
    the box should reboot by itself, if still problem, disconnect all cables except: power, tv and serial cable

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yes I have done all that but still the same.

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon3

Try reseting the box without remote.
    1 power of box not from the back but power button on front
    2 press and hold both the 2 arrow keys <> it will start and reset.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Unable to power on the box from the front as the standby button is dead but experinmented with pressing menu/select on front panel while switching on at the rear and the loader menu appeared so was able to scroll down manually to "factory reset" and bingo! she rebooted in the standard mode then just had to reset to my own settings and its back perfectly!! even you tube works now with latest patch.

Thanks for the assistance guyz.

Thanks
    Very well done Fred - and I was about to suggest that you ring TM!!! lol!!!:respect-055:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Any fix for remote not working yet Guyz?

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icon3

You could try resetting the box without the remote.
    1 power of box not from the back, but power button on front
    2 press and hold both the 2 arrow keys <> it will start and reset.

To reset the remote control, pressing exit three times will reset it

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Still the same no response from remote new batteries fitted and red led is blinking ,was there not a problem with the latest patch causing this error if I recall correctly.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fred fickle View Post
    Still the same no response from remote new batteries fitted and red led is blinking ,was there not a problem with the latest patch causing this error if I recall correctly.
    Have you investigated replacing the PEC (photo electric cell) in your TM6902 Fred - not HEARD of them going, but it does sound possible seeing that your remote is functioning well now?
    Have you any mates with a TM6900 or 6902 as I assume your remote should at least SPEAK to them if its transmitting correctly?:respect-050:

Thanks
    Just a reminder that on the Tm6902 T2 (and some of the other later Technos), it is possible to use a remote control from the earlier Technos (in my case the 6900 Super and the first generation Tm6900) instead of its normal remote.
    All you have to do is press the remote "Exit" button 3 times and the Tm6902 T2 will change over to the older remote. Or you can do it in the menus.
    This caught me out when a patch first appeared with this feature in, but no warning notes with patch, as you press have to press the "Exit" button 3 times to exit most menus!
    I have the 3 units in the same room.
    Kenlhuk
    Last edited by kenlhuk; 14-03-2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: update

Thanks
    You can confirm that the remote is working by polnting it at the lens of a digital camera,and pressing a button.The remote sender will flash in the camera Lcd.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I usually use a radio to test IR remotes set on am/sw works a treat ,anyway left the box a couple of hours and tried to switch it on from the remote but still no go then switched it on from the box and all ok came on etc. but still no response to the remote waited a couple of minutes and lo and behold the remote worked again and was okay after that !!! it seems the box starts on a different IR code and after a while resets to the default remote code. Very odd but still do not see the option in the menu to change the code ,what heading is it under??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fred fickle View Post
    I usually use a radio to test IR remotes set on am/sw works a treat ,anyway left the box a couple of hours and tried to switch it on from the remote but still no go then switched it on from the box and all ok came on etc. but still no response to the remote waited a couple of minutes and lo and behold the remote worked again and was okay after that !!! it seems the box starts on a different IR code and after a while resets to the default remote code. Very odd but still do not see the option in the menu to change the code ,what heading is it under??
    Maybe a factory Reset might have helped in retrospect Fred, as maybe the software had become corrupted - but glad its ok again now mate!:respect-055:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    @Holmroad yes already performed the factory reset but there is still a problem with the remote with this version so will carry on until a newer version is released , BTW also getting a lockup when editing channel list and have to reset again.A pity Phantom does not say what is fixed or added in newer versions but I can understand why he works underground!!