Thread: Connections

Thanks

Question Connections

I have a motorised satellite system with 2 receivers, V.36 (Spiderbox 9000hd and Protek 9700HD) with a Technomate V II positioner.

My previous receiver was a Spiderbox 9900HD but this receiver had no RF sockets. My replacement receiver a 9000HD has RF connectors and I am wondering if this would change my existing connections or I can make them better.

I also have to take into account my DVD Home Cinema System!

Anyway, as I have 5 other TV's around the house, my Protek's scart (No RF conectors in this receiver) is connected to an RF Modulator. The Aerial conector is going to the DVD RF output. The other TV/VCR conector on the RF Modulator is going directly to the aerial socket on the wall.

I was just wondering if I can removed the RF Modulator now that the Spiderbox 9000 has RF sockets?

There are so many cables behind my TV which is difficult to know what is going on!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt33 View Post
    I have a motorised satellite system with 2 receivers, V.36 (Spiderbox 9000hd and Protek 9700HD) with a Technomate V II positioner.

My previous receiver was a Spiderbox 9900HD but this receiver had no RF sockets. My replacement receiver a 9000HD has RF connectors and I am wondering if this would change my existing connections or I can make them better.

I also have to take into account my DVD Home Cinema System!

Anyway, as I have 5 other TV's around the house, my Protek's scart (No RF conectors in this receiver) is connected to an RF Modulator. The Aerial conector is going to the DVD RF output. The other TV/VCR conector on the RF Modulator is going directly to the aerial socket on the wall.

I was just wondering if I can removed the RF Modulator now that the Spiderbox 9000 has RF sockets?

There are so many cables behind my TV which is difficult to know what is going on!

Any help greatly appreciated.
    the 9000 rf output will only distribute its own signal and so not any other signal from any other box

you could piggy back it into the rf distribution and use a different rf channel so that both boxes are distributed using rf, but its no help for the protek if you remove that rf modulator as you then lose its distributed signal too

so one, or the other , or both , are required, if you need them that is

3. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Matt33 (21-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thanks for your quick reply. I was not sure about the RF Modulator but I understand that if I want to view both receivers around the house, I need the Modulator.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt33 For This Useful Post:

echelon (21-01-2013)