Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VU+ Solo2 Review

Thanks
    Also considering this box and the PQ question raised my brows a bit.

I have a sammy UE46D7000 and the pq from my Icecrypt S3500 is better than the sammy's tuner.

I would regret it if the Solo2 did not outperform the Icecrypt.

Maniks comment is true but if I replace the crypt without changing any other settings I would hope to see the pq as equally good if not better.

Comments invited before I buy.

Thanks

Ron.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rake View Post
    Also considering this box and the PQ question raised my brows a bit.

I have a sammy UE46D7000 and the pq from my Icecrypt S3500 is better than the sammy's tuner.

I would regret it if the Solo2 did not outperform the Icecrypt.

Maniks comment is true but if I replace the crypt without changing any other settings I would hope to see the pq as equally good if not better.

Comments invited before I buy.

Thanks

Ron.

I can only compare what i have at home both on the same TV screen, My DrHD Grand Triple gives a better and sharper picture than what the Solo2 can provide, there is only one way to find out and that is to purchase one or take your Icecrypt around to someone who already has a Solo2.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

echelon (13-02-2013)

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    I can only compare what i have at home both on the same TV screen, My DrHD Grand Triple gives a better and sharper picture than what the Solo2 can provide, there is only one way to find out and that is to purchase one or take your Icecrypt around to someone who already has a Solo2.
    Ah but have you installed the latest Solo2 drivers? They make for a great improvement I am reading. Can't confirm myself yet as I am still waiting for mine to arrive.

Thanks
    Well, I've got mine up and running,,,,,,thanks to "SIMON",.........otherwise I'd still be fiddling around,.......and my mate, who works in Currys, where I got my Samsung8000 46",.........could not believe the pictures on my screen. Much better than my Openbox S11.
    No complaints from me.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark Cloud For This Useful Post:

echelon (13-02-2013), simon 2003 (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donki View Post
    Ah but have you installed the latest Solo2 drivers? They make for a great improvement I am reading. Can't confirm myself yet as I am still waiting for mine to arrive.
    Yes i always keep up to date with everything

Thanks
    its a new receiver plenty of updates to come to improve it further, PQ is always an individual thing ,what one person might think is better another person might not ,is it 1080i or 720p or what are the tv setting blah blah blah,,on my screen 58 series fujitsu plasma,my solo 2 pic is as good if not better than SKYHD box and dreambox 800hd ,it got a bit sharper with the last drivers though i read on the vu+ forums some thought it deteriorated,one thing is for sure the receiver has got lots in reserve ( processor /memory )to make further improvements

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to simon 2003 For This Useful Post:

CokeAddict (13-02-2013), Dark Cloud (13-02-2013), echelon (13-02-2013), sonic1 (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Hi,

I have read that this box and the duo are not suitable for Sky and HD+. As I am thinking of getting one or the other, I would appreciate if someone can shed some light on this for me before I go any further.

Thanks.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddypiper View Post
    Hi,

I have read that this box and the duo are not suitable for Sky and HD+. As I am thinking of getting one or the other, I would appreciate if someone can shed some light on this for me before I go any further.

Thanks.
    Is fine for Sly. No idea about HD+ as I don't watch it.

It is customary for new members to introduce themselves before posting to the forum:

Introduce Yourself

Thanks
    Sorry for my ignorance, but why is it called sly?

Thanks for the heads up on the intorduction. All sorted now

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Roddypiper For This Useful Post:

donki (14-02-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Hi,

Thanks.
    a load of rubbish and no idea where you get that info from, but its 100% c**p and no owner would tell you any different

sly , vermin , beeb , all colloquialism/nicknames. we dont use real names on here, and not on most other forums either

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

donki (14-02-2013), simon 2003 (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    Hmm a case of suck it and see I feel.

One would think that a brand such as VU would at least equal the tuner on a Crypt....

Thanks
    Well that's certainly a definite statement. I seen it on the site that shares its name with a well known rainforest and jungle (.de).

So are you saying that you are an owner?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Well that's certainly a definite statement. I seen it on the site that shares its name with a well known rainforest and jungle (.de).

So are you saying that you are an owner?
    you have only just joined here so have no idea how long others have been here or what they own

check my posts out , then you decide if I am a vu owner or not (but its not really any of your business who owns what on here), although I definitely own 1 more vu than you with another on pre-order

frankly , most members on here dont care what other forums say, and de have their own sly so may not be referring to OUR uk sly, and in any case sly on 13e or 19e or 28e are no problem for a linux box of any type, especially E2 boxes. I have had boxes for over 10 years and never known a box that cannot handle sly on various satellites

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

donki (14-02-2013), holmroad (14-02-2013), manic01 (14-02-2013), simon 2003 (13-02-2013)

Thanks
    I have read that this box and the duo are not suitable for Sky and HD+
    It will work with Sky for sure as others have already confirmed and you can use SCAM for HD+ support including activation and with no setup required, just install, activate and insert card, or you can use OScam but with a little more configuration required.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lavaman For This Useful Post:

donki (14-02-2013), echelon (13-02-2013), Roddypiper (14-02-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavaman View Post
    It will work with Sky for sure as others have already confirmed and you can use SCAM for HD+ support including activation and with no setup required, just install, activate and insert card, or you can use OScam but with a little more configuration required.
    Thanks for the friendly information

Thanks
    Been playing with my solo 2 for the last week,been the owner of many receivers over the years,have to say this is head and shoulders above the rest(its replaced a DM800 which is now consigned to a bedroom)almost changes channel before the remote is pressed.... Dunc.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cyprusdunc For This Useful Post:

echelon (16-02-2013), mach1 (08-09-2013), simon 2003 (16-02-2013)

Thanks
    DB 800 HD SE or SOLO2 (with BH)? Can you guys tell me which one has better picture quality?
    Last edited by mr.shadowx; 08-09-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123