Thread: Dreambox 800HD or new VU Solo HD

Thanks

Dreambox 800HD or new VU Solo HD

Firstly, hello sat community.

So besides a sleeker looking front panel and I guess faster processor, what else would I gain by plumping for the VU+ Solo2? After all, the picture quality is only going to be as good as the channel broadcasts at?

I'm new to this scene, but have a bit of Nagra experience.

Banned
    Thanks
    DM800HD is not even worth discussing anymore.

DM800SE is a different kettle of fish altogether and if you know your images and want Nemesis then it's still the box of choice over the VU Solo.

The Solo2 looks good on paper but half the extra memory is reserved for future, whatever that means. Do you really think you will notice much difference with the processor speed? It's not just about processor speed but systems architecture and the software running on it.

Must admit the Solo 2 would be the one I'd go for now but I'm a Luddite & love Nemesis images above all. So I'm staying put with what I know best. Besides my SE works perfectly. So why would I change it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donki View Post
    DM800HD is not even worth discussing anymore.

DM800SE is a different kettle of fish altogether and if you know your images and want Nemesis then it's still the box of choice over the VU Solo.

The Solo2 looks good on paper but half the extra memory is reserved for future, whatever that means. Do you really think you will notice much difference with the processor speed? It's not just about processor speed but systems architecture and the software running on it.

Must admit the Solo 2 would be the one I'd go for now but I'm a Luddite & love Nemesis images above all. So I'm staying put with what I know best. Besides my SE works perfectly. So why would I change it?
    Yeah. Cheers for that donki. Some sound advice I'll take onboard.. I may well go for the SE to start with (as i'm relatively new to this and it's a tried and tested box) and may upgrade at a later date (once any teething issues have been ironed out!).

Thanks again..