Thread: advise needed for s4000

Thanks

advise needed for s4000

sorry heading should be advice needed(typing to fast )

hi just bought a s4000 and all i want the box to do is except a nline have sly uk 28.2 channel list with good 7 day epg with guide similar to sly uk can you recommend what image and plugins i need for the box to do these things well i also want to be able to record a channel while watching another but the box i have bought has not got an hdd installed is this easily done, what type of hard drive needs to be installed i ask because there seems to be a lot of different images on here and it looks like most of you have tried them

thanks
    jason

Thanks
    latest software, and xcam - good luck with a 7 days epg

its not the happiest of boxes

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    and any sata hdd, standard size or laptop size, although coldasice has indicated certain makes and models or types of korean recommended hdd drives and specs in another thread on here (like western digital ears sata hdd drives)

the internal hdd carrier takes standard 3.5 inch sata drives

Thanks
    so there isn't a 7 day epg plugin for this box i thought the cool tv plugin with crossepg works on this box

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko1970 View Post
    so there isn't a 7 day epg plugin for this box i thought the cool tv plugin with crossepg works on this box
    I would have thought that plugins like that would only work on E2 3rd party images

the s4000 images have their own method of trying to get the epg

Thanks
    I don't mind using a e2 image as I believe you can load that through USB to this box I need a good guide 7 day epg doesn't really matter but better than now and next I would like so what is the guide like on the boxes normal firmware and is the epg just now and next I read on here that so
    Someone run cooltv guide with crossepg if so what would be the best e2 image to put on if that's the only way .sorry for the questions read some comments about this box about cool tv guide and stuff thought might be ok had bid on ******* so bought then I'm read some more and now not sure it's going to do what I want I already have a couple of x3 openbox which are very basic box thought this box would do the little more I need ie twin tuner ,decent guide,better than now and next epg .is fitting a internal hdd just a question of pluging in and screwing it to the caddy inside

Thanks

Jason
    Great forum by the way

Thanks
    we have an icecrypt E2 section for dealing with E2 issues so ask any E2 questions in there as they wont be allowed in this section as its standard firmware only in here

EPG has always been a problem on all boxes so crossepg and other plugins are just methods of downloading epg over the net, whereas the s4000 using native firmware does it "off-air" like the blade and tm5402 and tm6900 super but can be a bit laborious and not 100% as yet

try reading all the threads in this section and you will get the gist of most of what can or cannot be done with the s4000 using s4000 firmwares and plugins or alternative firmwares and plugins, and check the dedicated icecrypt E2 section for alternatives in E2 options

ie:- its all here if you look, which is why there are threads for others to read and participate in, dont expect to be spoonfed, read, test and learn

hdd is fitted extremely simply and then formatted from the menu and used accordingly (formatting may be in ext but I believe there is an ntfs compatibility too)

most linux boxes use linux formatting, hence ext2 or 3

again , you learn by doing, so do some doing and see how you get on , and do some reading as most of the info you require has already been typed on here

Thanks
    it will do it, but not as good as a dedicated E2 box.

see my old posts re E2 images.

i used to use AAF and PKT Team images.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ManikM For This Useful Post:

echelon (22-10-2012)

Thanks
    Cheers for reply haven't got box yet so just putting feelers out already looked on most sections but a lot of stuff is really old like instructions to do some things and a lot of firmware versions on here where people are saying firmware is not that good then the download is a different new version with not much info about how it performs but will look more when the box comes one more thing what screws do i need to fix internal hard drive please want to get everything ready before it arrived

Cheers
    Jason

Thanks
    no problem , just make sure any e2 or e2 plugin questions are put in the icecrypt e2 forum and not in here , thanks

and yes those firmwares have all had good and bad points and its time they fixed some of the basic issues with the standard firmware once and for all

try the 1.10.32 firmware after making sure the boot is up to date (loader 1.54)

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...s4000-firmware

as for hard disk drives, they use the standard screws as used in a pc and nothing to do with the box or pc they are placed in