Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuck on F100

V.I.P
    Thanks
    im sure this question has been asked here before im sorry i cant remember by who, it was prob echelon (he knows his onions on this sort of stuff). as far as youre problem, can you not do a factory reset and then demand your money back. it is obviously faulty goods.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chippy For This Useful Post:

chris B (22-12-2012), Plessy (29-12-2012)

Thanks

Question F100

Well, I had this twice before and managed to repair my Spiderbox 9900HD with the "recovery tool". This time i am not succesfull. I have another receiver connected to my system, therefore, what you say makes sense.

The Spiderbox is just over a year old, is there anyway that you could make this repair for me?

I have just added the VASIKS patch and paid the donation subscription and then this happens!

Any help greatly appreciated!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I've just seen this info on the other forum ref the F100 issues, it was posted by jimihendrix, it may be a useful addition to the FAQ's or a sticky:

Just to add to this I have repaired several "F100" Spiderbox receivers both 7000 and 9000. In all cases IF the recovery software did not work then replacing the TIP42C transistor just in front of the tuner did cure the fault BUT it really needs an engineer to do this as the motherboard needs to be removed from the receiver and great care is needed in the unsoldering of the faulty part and soldering in the replacement part.
    This is defiantly not a job for an inexperienced person or "well meaning friend" to tackle whoever does it will need preferably a soldering station and an iron with a fine tip and be experienced in working with through hole plated PCB's.
    I cant guarantee this will fix all "F100" faults where the recovery tool has failed but in several cases the TIP42C replacement did restore full working to the receivers.
    I have a feeling that this fault could (not 100% sure) be caused by loop through when both receivers are on at the same time or maybe incorrect earthing when two receiver are connected to each other but these are just my guess.
    Sometimes a simple visual inspection of the TIP42C will show either the middle leg (collector) melted away or in some cases "blue-ing" of the metal tab either of these signs means it is the culprit but either way it's an inexpensive part to change providing you know a competent engineer.
    I must repeat this IS NOT a fault that can be repaired by the user UNLESS he or she is very experienced at working with PCB's and confident of their soldering abilities.

One other thing is if the receiver is under a year old then RETURN it to the dealer as it should be repaired/replaced under guarantee.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Hi M8

Ref the above post, you could try to PM jimihendrix on the Vasik forum, however PM's are restricted at the moment, you may have a better chance of contacting him on the A***t forum

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

echelon (26-12-2012)

Thanks
    I have done this.

Thanks for your help. I though it was you who was doing the soldering!!!!

Matt33

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Hi M8

Ref the above post, you could try to PM jimihendrix on the Vasik forum, however PM's are restricted at the moment, you may have a better chance of contacting him on the A***t forum

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt33 For This Useful Post:

echelon (26-12-2012)

Thanks

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by Matt33 View Post
    I have done this.

Thanks for your help. I though it was you who was doing the soldering!!!!

Matt33
    The shop has come up with the goods and supplied a refurbished 9000 HD. I connected the receiver last night, with the IKS software and channel list and my old key and all its OK again!!!!

Thank you very much for all your help during the last 4 weeks.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt33 For This Useful Post:

manic01 (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    I am pleased to see that you have managed to get your situation resolved and that you have every thing working again.

Thanks
    Bump: I have the same issue I have soldered a new TIP42C but still F100. Any other ideas or fixes?

Thanks

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Spiderbox 9900 is crap.I had 2 of them,the first worked for about 7 months.I send it back to the shop and got another,that one lasted 1 month before i got the F100.And i am very sure i did the recovery thing right,because i had to do that on a Mvision too and that worked right away.Anyway,have a Spider 7000 without problems for a long time.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nippon For This Useful Post:

port06 (02-02-2013)

Thanks
    I encountered a similar problem also with my receiver Spiderbox 9000HD. I did the connection with null modem cable and the receiver read normally the recovery file. But the signal "f100" still exist, and does not accept any function from the buttons of screen or from the remote control..... Is there anything else to do? Also note that with the first time the receiver read the file! Nonetheless reintroduced again, so I preclude not read well the receiver the file since my reports that have "installed" in flash memory. The problem is that it doesn't make auto-reboot.... Please help me!!! Thank you very much before hand!

Thanks
    hi
    have a 9900 and have tried every thing recuv. file and even had tip 42c replaced still no good
    this seems to be a common fault with this box for i have seen a lot of boxes on e---y sold for spares with
    this fault i would therefore be gratefull if anyone could tell if these boxes are repairable or not

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12