Thread: VuPlus Ultimo - Password Control / Backup File

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

VuPlus Ultimo - Password Control / Backup File

Hi,

Although the VuPlus Ultimo receiver (internal HDD) has a parental password feature, but is there another level of password control available for the recordings made (feature was present in the Echostar DVR7000VA)?

When you perform a backup of the settings of the receiver, either via a plugin or from the PC, what settings/files are backed up?

Many thanks in advance, for all your help.

With kind regards.

Thanks
    As far as i am aware the recordings are not password protected and there is no way of doing so, if there is then i am sure someone will come along and correct me. As for the Backup procedure depends on the image your using most do have a backup setting some like you say have to be done via a plugin.

The Blackhole image allows you to do a full backup of your current image which means basically everything you have installed etc... gets backed up to either USB or hard drive, It also has a personal settings backup which saves Channel lists, telnet, passwords etc.... and when you come to add these to another BH image you can specify which settings get installed on the new image.