Thread: Azbox Premium HD Sata Cable advice ?

Thanks

Azbox Premium HD Sata Cable advice ?

Hi there,

I've been given a Azboz Premium HD box as the original owner had tried to install "modified firmware" and made a mess of it so just gave and left it lying around.

I've got it back up and running again with no issues but when opening up the box to install an internal sata HDD i noticed that there is no cabling available to do this.

So, question is, does anyone know what type of sata/power cable that i require or where i can purchase one, it seems that the power connection on the motherboard is not the standard "molex" connection.Seems to be a rather small "keyed white connector" ?

any help or guidence on obtaining one of these would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks

Banned
    Thanks
    It's a standard cable that you will find in Dreamboxes, VU+'s & AZBoxes all use. If you Google "dreambox sata cable" you will get photos & sellers.

In the beeches
    Thanks
    The original packaging for the AZBox would have included the cable.

So, ask the person you got the AZBox from if they still have it somewhere, you might be lucky.

Thanks
    Donki,

Thanks for a swift reply on this but are you 100% sure that it is the same cable on the Azbox before i order one from *******.

I'm not at home at rpesent but i had it in my mind that the "white power connector" on the Azbox board was different.

thanks again

Banned
    Thanks
    Yes, sorry, you a right. It is a little more complicated than I at first assumed and I was basing my response on the AZBox Me.

You are not the first to take on this challenge and there are already a number of threads on the forum that might help you further but I thnk Burnham's advice is right unless the box is an oder version that never came with one. Have you looked at the following threads? If so then apologies for wasting your time.

_https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?128653-AZBOX-Cable-for-an-Internal-Hard-Drive
    _https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?105220-How-to-connect-a-HDD-in-Azbox-Premium-HD

Might also be worth dropping a mail of to a reputable AZBox dealer or OpenSat directly.

_www.azbox.com

Thanks
    yes i have looked at those threads but they seem to have just cut off mid flow with no actually outcome as where to buy these cables.

yes,there probably is an option to purchase the cable that goes into the dreamboxs and then modify the "white" connector to the connector on the board.

yes i have contacted the guy the gave me the box but he said he didnt have it.........that sucks,lol

yes i have contacted Azbox portugal and they have came back with.................wait for it............... a staggering 39 Euros including shipping for a cable......which i thought was a joke to begin with,lol

any more thoughts on this guys ? Or maybe have any ideas of the type of "white" connector i need to swap out from the dreambox cable to azbox
    Last edited by xtremem23; 26-04-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Thanks
    I think it is rather easy to find them, seems to sell them in dual pac one for each connector. Had the same with my 800 and just popped into the first computer shop and they had it, NP

Thanks
    Thanks Dig Deep,

Little confused here though, did you mange to buy the sata cable/powercable with this connection "white" connection already on it or are you talking about just buying the "white" connectors and then changing it on the sata cable that is for the Dreamboxs to make it fit to a Azbox Premium HD board connector ?

P.S. Maybe i'm missing something here but Azbox have made it difficult to get these sata cables................

cheers mate for any assistance that you guys can provide.

Thanks
    It was already connected and ready to go. Both on the same cable !

Thanks
    Dig Deep,

It's not the same cable as an 800,please read previous post !

Thanks
    for anyone that interested a Dreambox sata/power cable will not fit a Azbox Premium HD so do not purchase one.

Anyone any ideas in how or where to get one of these cable apart from Azbox Portugal who is quoting 39 euros for one which is a joke !!!

Or will this thread just be another one that ends with no outcome ?

I will keep it updated