Thread: F1 on RTL television

V.I.P
    Thanks

F1 on RTL television

Hello, just a query really, been doing a little bit of research and found that RTL television on 19.2e Fta may be broadcasting the F1. On their website all appears to hint towards that. So my question is, are RTL television on 19.2 E showing the F1 Live. I understand that there will be no Eng commentary but not so bothered about that.

_http://www.rtl.de/cms/sport/formel-1/rtl-tv.html

I dont speak german and babel makes no sense .

Thanks
    Yes they are showing all races. Have you never seen their reporter Kai Abel in the background when Martin Brundle is trying to get interviews on the grid? Think it's also on TF1 fta. No listing on LJ's yet but a big thread on digitalspy about it. RTL are showing the saturday 3rd practice and quali in addition the sunday race live from Melbourne. A mate of mine and his daughter are flying down from Sydney to watch it. Grrr....
    Last edited by pmb; 01-03-2012 at 04:01 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pmb For This Useful Post:

gadstamut (01-03-2012), sstylianou1976 (05-03-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    17th March

0430-0530 RTL
    Motor Racing Formula 1 Grand Prix 3rd Free Practice
    from Melbourne, Australia

0530-0725 RTL
    Motor Racing Formula 1 Grand Prix Qualifying

18th March

0445-0840 RTL
    Motor Racing Formula 1 Grand Prix The Race

5. The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:

gadstamut (01-03-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,346 Times in 704 Posts
    Hi just wanted to share how I watch F1 using the RTL channel on astra. As only some races are being broaadcast FTA on BBC, I use the RTL1 channel on Astra1 for video feed (with the audio muted on TV) and audio feed using an external Freeview box connected to the sound system at home and turning on the BBC R5L as they have live commentary for all the races. It works very well in this setup providing you are using the SD version of RTL1 as this is the one that is synching the audio with the picture very well(but the germans have good quality on the SD anyway). There is a couple of seconds lag on the HD version so it doesn`t work that well unless you have a system tht lets you set the lag on the BBC R5L. Can also use a DAB radio for audio. I watch all the missing races this way and it works very well if you don`t want to give in to the grinch just for F1
    I know its an old thread , but since it is only mid season in F1 someone may find some use for it I hope. I am a great fan of F1 and I couldn`t live without it so this is what I came up with to make the most of the Sat/terrestial to follow ALL the races(been doing it since the first race that BBC lost to sly)
    There are also channels without adverts but I won`t even go to details as this would be in breach of the rules
    Last edited by Roadrunner; 21-06-2013 at 03:54 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Roadrunner For This Useful Post:

logger (21-06-2013)