View Poll Results: If Aljazeera get the 2013-2016 premiership rights how much for a card

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • same as they are now sub £150

0 0%
  • Doubled at least £300

2 40.00%
  • quadruple £450

3 60.00%

Thread: If Aljazeera get the 2013-2016 premiership rights

V.I.P
    Thanks

If Aljazeera get the 2013-2016 premiership rights

If Aljazeera get the 2013-2016 premiership rights how much will a card cost? Just a bit of fun

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Well im saying at least £450 if not more than that and that is being realistic ..but Al Jazzera sub card i currently have is worth at least double what i paid for it and for me i would not think twice about Renewing my Subscription either even if its £450 + because its been real value for money in this day & age and considering how badly Tring TV are screwing thier Customers i wud have to say Al Jazzeera has built customer satisfaction and trust and will be very successfull regardless if they do get EPL coverage ...i should think they will however get the EPL Rights to show live games because money will not be a problem but it may come at a price Al Jazeera may decide to charge extra to see those games similar to what they done with +9 and +10 channls which cost extra £100 almost to see those 2 channls i wont be surprised if they go a similar route with EPL Live Games .
    We can only wait and see i guess ..it'll deffo be a tuff pill for Uncle Ruppie to swallow when Al Jazeera do get the rights to show EPL games you can be sure of that .

------
    Barney

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    Al Jazeera is an outside the EU broadcaster, no good for pubs !

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Not exactly true.

http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/G...-by-High-Court
    A licensee has had a conviction for screening foreign satellite football overturned by the High Court in London.

Gregory Turner, of the Golden Cup, Yoxall, Burton-upon-Trent, was originally convicted and fined £500 in June 2009 for showing games using an Arab Radio and Television (ART) Network system, after the case was brought by Media Protection Services (MPS).

He appealed the decision at Stafford Crown Court last March, but this was rejected.

However, judges at the High Court earlier this month allowed the appeal and quashed the conviction, on the basis the court had not considered EU law.

The long-running issue of foreign satellite football is currently being considered by judges at the European Court of Justice.

Martin Howe QC, acting for Turner, previously argued the case had an EU dimension as ART conducted "economic activity" in Italy.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gadstamut View Post
    If Aljazeera get the 2013-2016 premiership rights how much will a card cost? Just a bit of fun
    Will NOT HAPPENS..

sky EUROPE or Sky WORLD will have them....
    Even if that happens will be call JSC SKY ARAB ...lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DARKMAN For This Useful Post:

manic01 (09-12-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyO View Post
    Al Jazeera is an outside the EU broadcaster, no good for pubs !
    Pubs will not sell much any way.....after all things became little more clear....

Pubs are public use... is nought FAPL in future use one Logo or cometary or Writing on screen to cough them for their own Copy rights...

Game is over for them after 2013..
    Last edited by DARKMAN; 08-12-2011 at 07:20 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DARKMAN For This Useful Post:

manic01 (09-12-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
    Not exactly true.

http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/G...-by-High-Court
    A licensee has had a conviction for screening foreign satellite football overturned by the High Court in London.

Gregory Turner, of the Golden Cup, Yoxall, Burton-upon-Trent, was originally convicted and fined £500 in June 2009 for showing games using an Arab Radio and Television (ART) Network system, after the case was brought by Media Protection Services (MPS).

He appealed the decision at Stafford Crown Court last March, but this was rejected.

However, judges at the High Court earlier this month allowed the appeal and quashed the conviction, on the basis the court had not considered EU law.

The long-running issue of foreign satellite football is currently being considered by judges at the European Court of Justice.

Martin Howe QC, acting for Turner, previously argued the case had an EU dimension as ART conducted "economic activity" in Italy.

Yes ART story is little tricky.... they have agreement with Italian UPLINK Sat feed.,,,....that done Art like part agreement with Eu rules through Italy....lol

LORD MARTIN HOWE ( QC ) from 8square is the Best Barrister in UK..

HAIL to HIM.

I know Him personally and He is Helping as with some cases against Fapl..and their Dogssssssssss.....
    Last edited by DARKMAN; 12-12-2011 at 02:24 AM.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DARKMAN For This Useful Post:

chopper1 (16-01-2012), manic01 (09-12-2011), maurice (10-12-2011)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Well it's good to see that everyone is in agreement that the cards would infact go up in price. I suppose simple economics , supply and demand. Demand for a product will inflate the price. Although back in the day Aljay cards were going for £120 which is a reasonable price. To whatever the future may bring to our lovely hobby , its all good.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts

So thats the problem solved then !

one person in the UK buys a card and the other 60 million share it.

Thanks
    I agree with what Darkman says, he has always been the best guide on this matter as far as i'm concerned.

Regards
    Corporates

14. The Following User Says Thank You to corporates For This Useful Post:

chopper1 (16-01-2012)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Read an article about how the family that own Jsc are very interested in Prem football. They have a lot of money. So it may become a reality. It all hinges on how the rights are split up from next year(2013-2016).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gadstamut View Post
    Read an article about how the family that own Jsc are very interested in Prem football. They have a lot of money. So it may become a reality. It all hinges on how the rights are split up from next year(2013-2016).
    They lot of money is even non 1%, of Shaikh Khalifa of Abu Dhabi, just for your info...
    Last edited by DARKMAN; 27-01-2012 at 02:50 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DARKMAN For This Useful Post:

manic01 (27-01-2012)

Thanks
    @DarkMan
    Aljazeera is supported by the government of Qatar .. are you saying that Shaikh Khalifa of Abu Dhabi have money more than the State Of Qatar.

-------

@topic .
    Aljazeera is trying to get the rights of EPL in Middle East whatever it takes .. besides its trying also to get the rights inside UK .. they trying to repeat what they did in France but this time in UK getting over Sky and ESPN.

anyway .. i hope so .

btw: aljazeera sport official subscription prices in ME . is not more than 130 to 140 usd .. which means less than £100 .. the highest prices may get near £130 .. so as you saying the current price is £150 .. im saying it maybe get near £200

Regards.
    Last edited by ZILZAL; 02-02-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZILZAL View Post
    @DarkMan
    Aljazeera is supported by the government of Qatar .. are you saying that Shaikh Khalifa of Abu Dhabi have money more than the State Of Qatar.

-------

@topic .
    Aljazeera is trying to get the rights of EPL in Middle East whatever it takes .. besides its trying also to get the rights inside UK .. they trying to repeat what they did in France but this time in UK getting over Sky and ESPN.

anyway .. i hope so .

btw: aljazeera sport official subscription prices in ME . is not more than 130 to 140 usd .. which means less than £100 .. the highest prices may get near £130 .. so as you saying the current price is £150 .. im saying it maybe get near £200

Regards.
    Same is for Abu Dhabi Sports too.... is Support from Abu Dhabi State and just to let you know

Shaikh Khalifa of Abu Dhabi is the state it self. and is 10.000 time more reach then Small State of Qatar....

Is no paragons between the Shaikh Khalifa of Abu Dhabi and QATAR it self too.

Evne for that s Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE, and Ruler of Dubai gave the name of Burj Dubai to Burj Khalifa .that last cost Estimated construction costs were US$1.5 billion[2] requiring 22 million man-hours .

In real calculation only what he got like a small toy gift cost 1 Million years EPL. in Money. LOL

You are dreaming My freind when you say to get the rights for UK ! maybe you have no idea what really going on.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DARKMAN; 06-02-2012 at 08:55 PM.

Thanks
    If JSC win the UK viewing rights then prices will be totally different to those in the middle east. Don't forget that the JSC cards that we have all loved over the years are not intended for the UK market.

If they do take the viewing rights from Sky/ESPN then subscriptions will be on a par with current prices. The premier league is what it is because of Sky & I really don't think the FA will forget that.

Thanks
    I dought they will get all rights for that amount of time but jsc is a great package and shows plenty of live games.

If they did get those rights i reckon at most it would only double in price as i dought thier subscribers in the arabland would stand for such a hike in price anyway.

I would pay 450 tho hehe if they did.

Thanks
    You can have them for free on nilesat 101/102 at:JSC sports at 10853 H ; Abu Dhabi sports 1, 2 and dubai sports 2 at 1222H .
    Enyoj it.