Thread: Cannot get to rescue Mode

Thanks

Cannot get to rescue Mode

Hi,

I installed E2 Spaze image and i decided after loooong time to go back to original FW.
    I tried to get to Rescue Mode using JazUp 2.3 and Azup but no success. I plugged USB stick with official FW named as patch.bin but no success. I tried several usb sticks. Box starts normally with E2 though noticedc that starts with displaying after the VFD READY message ---> 33 starting/etc/rcS.D or something like that.

Basically even if i want to install another E2 image i cannot!!! Any ideas?

Thanks
    Last edited by pegaman; 09-08-2011 at 10:26 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yes, Dual Boot OFW on a USB stick (SPAZE kernel allows for that and I can testify to it!) and you have the best of both worlds!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blagi View Post
    Yes, Dual Boot OFW on a USB stick (SPAZE kernel allows for that and I can testify to it!) and you have the best of both worlds!

Good luck!
    What do you mean? Problem is i cannot get to Rescue mode and not the USB stick. I tried several usb sticks but apart from this box doesn't enetr to rescue mode. Using Azup or/and Jazup it reboots but starts normally E2.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pegaman View Post
    ...I installed E2 Spaze image and ... AzBox starts normally with E2...
    First of all, you should kill your box at the back, if you haven't, then when you switch it on, press the > button on the front of your receiver, for longer, 'till you get the IP, i.e. 'till you're in Rescue Mode...

If it doesn't work - bootloader damaged? - you must reflash it, using the methods described in this section...

However, you may install Dual Boot = 2 Operating systems installed, one in the flash and the other in a USB stick.

Given you have SPAZE image in the flash, the second one can be OFW in a USB memory stick.

I posted here a package, made by GONCI, to do just that.

Plug a USB stick into your PC, then use the SW included to programme the OFW 5300 on the USB stick.

Shove the stick into killed AZ HD and start AZ HD.

The message you're after, on your VFD, is "Sleep = 15s" or words to that effect.

Then, your OFW should start... Repeat a few times, if necessary and be patient.

Change USB sticks. Sometimes a few won't work, 'till you get one that will...

Good luck!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blagi For This Useful Post:

KidOtaku (17-09-2011), ManikM (10-08-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blagi View Post
    First of all, you should kill your box at the back, if you haven't, then when you switch it on, press the > button on the front of your receiver, for longer, 'till you get the IP, i.e. 'till you're in Rescue Mode...
    Thanks a million. That was it... > did the trick ( i was pressing volume down).
    Back to OFW now..

Thank you

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You welcome!

However, you can have both: E2 in Flash (SPAZE) and OFW on a USB stick - and get the best of both worlds!

In fact, I would warmly recommend it to anyone. That way you have a better chance of pulling yourself out of a mudhole...

P.S. I am told new RTi E2 is coming, with new drivers and many fixes to many holes from before... GIT was not updated properly, so SPAZE is running late a bit, 'till this is done first and GIT updated with the new drivers, provided they work properly, of course... So, it will take a bitta time but - stay tuned...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blagi For This Useful Post:

iceman3108 (10-08-2011), ManikM (10-08-2011)