Thread: How do I set up my spider 9k to share my card with others?

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts

How do I set up my spider 9k to share my card with others?

All the help and stickies seems to start with using other peeps C line on my box and not the other way round, I expect not understanding the terminology isn't helping.

A good beginers guide would be usefull, thanks. ( the stickies havn't proved much help so far)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyO View Post
    All the help and stickies seems to start with using other peeps C line on my box and not the other way round, I expect not understanding the terminology isn't helping.

A good beginers guide would be usefull, thanks. ( the stickies havn't proved much help so far)
    the only info on using newcamd for this is in this sticky thread here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ormation-links

where you add hostname , name , password and port to send , and the receiver puts those newcamd details into their box

the rest is not a spiderbox issue as it concerns the actual use of newcamd , using hosts like dyndns or no-ip and portforwarding in routers

most of those details are found in the various sections on here including the dreambox section

note:- you cannot send an F line from the spiderbox , so nobody can use a c line from you (its just not possible)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info, If I wish to run newcamd do I have to configure the spider with the legit card in it or is it ready to go as soon as a card is inserted.

I appologise if you have answered this question a million times but its the simple boring stuff which is holding me up at the moment.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyO View Post
    Thanks for the info, If I wish to run newcamd do I have to configure the spider with the legit card in it or is it ready to go as soon as a card is inserted.

I appologise if you have answered this question a million times but its the simple boring stuff which is holding me up at the moment.

Thanks.
    depends on the card being used , but assuming it is working ok locally ( on your own box ) , and assuming you have added any boxkeys and can see those channels on your own box , you are good to go

once you have added the dedicated port and user details ( names and passwords ) in newcamd setup its good to go assuming you have setup port forwarding and a working host and will show CONN when the user is connected using an N line in their cccam.cfg , or however they are receiving N lines

if it was another spiderbox on your local lan , homeplus would do the job straightaway with nothing else needing doing

if its a different box on your local lan , just setup your newcamd and add the hostname ip address ( the spiderbox 9000 ip address ) , port , name and pass to an N line in cccam.cfg or whatever you are using on this slave box

use a host like dyndns or no-ip to redirect it externally over the net

5. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Barney (06-08-2011)

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply, I'll give it some time saturday to sort it out.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TonyO For This Useful Post:

echelon (06-08-2011), nippon (05-12-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    nice info Echelon and straight to the point aswell infact it is just exactly as you put it ,
    And not really that difficult either so you've nothing to fear TonyO spiderbox is really usefull even i managed to get it sorted in no time at all i got 3 spider 9000HD's as they are handy to read cards that dmbox simply cant manage to read .
    if you read Echelon's post carefully it explains it all really and im sure you'll get it sorted quick and any questions just post back here plze .
    good luck .

-----
    Barney

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanks Barney I'll give it time to sort on saturday.