Thread: how to get 7day-epg on the nonlinux tm's at 28.2 east

Thanks

how to get 7day-epg on the nonlinux tm's at 28.2 east

This might be useful
    for who can use the 7-epg on astra 28.2 east channels like the
    6000+7000 super series +5402 (and does not know how to do this yet)
    scan trp. 11.777 v 27.500 any tv channel on this transponder,will load the 7-epg on your stb ,go into epg mode on one of those channels by pressing epg and while staying in epg mode within a minute the epg will populate on almost all channels .(leave for 2 minutes to get full) i renamed one of the channels "7-day epg" take note that you will get name program only and not full info only on now and next when you refresh on the channel.
    And of course the freesat is 7-day full info but very slow to load
    just go on any freesat channel and press epg and after a good few minutes the full 7-day epg will load, if you press info while in epg it will tell you what days are loaded sofar, only on the freesat channels you will get fullinfo 7-day epg

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thijs For This Useful Post:

FENEKI (06-08-2011), ferddie (03-08-2011), holmroad (06-08-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Interesting mate, but I thought you needed latest patch (e.g. 741P for 6000 Super) to get this 7 day EPG>

Thanks
    It's working since last christmas patch mate like a christmas present from phanth0m with a lot of input from digidude
    But its working better now with the latest patch and before we used the radio channel on that transponder and when you would go back to tv channels a lot off
    hd channels would no clear properly ,working great now before if you wanted now and next epg back you would have to reboot your tm but now it will keep the 7-day epg name only and refresh now and next full info when going on a channel

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thijs View Post
    It's working since last christmas patch mate like a christmas present from phanth0m with a lot of input from digidude
    But its working better now with the latest patch and before we used the radio channel on that transponder and when you would go back to tv channels a lot off
    hd channels would no clear properly ,working great now before if you wanted now and next epg back you would have to reboot your tm but now it will keep the 7-day epg name only and refresh now and next full info when going on a channel
    Thanks for that again mate, so which patch would YOU recommend for my TM6900HD Super (minus two USB's!!) to obtain best results - plus benefit from c/s options please?

Thanks
    pp.741 should work the best with 7day-epg upload
    make sure you have it loaded by the phanth0m and digidude adviced way
    1)back up channel list
    2)factory reset
    3)load original technomate firmware (usualy the latest from technomate.uk downloads section is best)
    4)factory reset
    5)load latest patch (after this you could load latest addon but if you did before it will still be there)
    6)factory reset
    7)put back channellist and rescan all channels/sats in use
    This looks like a lot of work but it will have the best results if don't follow this you might be left with bits of old patches on your tm wich could result into bugs/gremlins that will not make your tm work proper.
    They mentioned before to have a usb device plugged in, so it would be loaded to that too but i don't think this is working yet.
    I don't think your usb ports not working at the moment should affect the working of the epg upload but if it does let us know.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thijs View Post
    pp.741 should work the best with 7day-epg upload
    make sure you have it loaded by the phanth0m and digidude adviced way
    1)back up channel list
    2)factory reset
    3)load original technomate firmware (usualy the latest from technomate.uk downloads section is best)
    4)factory reset
    5)load latest patch (after this you could load latest addon but if you did before it will still be there)
    6)factory reset
    7)put back channellist and rescan all channels/sats in use
    This looks like a lot of work but it will have the best results if don't follow this you might be left with bits of old patches on your tm wich could result into bugs/gremlins that will not make your tm work proper.
    They mentioned before to have a usb device plugged in, so it would be loaded to that too but i don't think this is working yet.
    I don't think your usb ports not working at the moment should affect the working of the epg upload but if it does let us know.
    Just done all this EXACTLY as you suggest mate, actually managed to FIND latest software/firmware 741 this time on TM site (wasn't there the other day, or at least I couldn't find it,)so was hoping against hope my two USB's might reappear too - but NO, dash it!!
    Anyway now also back on patch 741P too, so have to see how it all goes eh thanks mate!
    (NB: You didn't mention loading latest softcam in list above, so put it on via serial cable after the channellist reload!)