Thread: Icecrypt Plugin for S3500, S4000 and STC6000

V.I.P
    Thanks

Icecrypt Plugin for S3500, S4000 and STC6000

ColdAsIce,
    Thank's for this compilation of plugins,very helpful for a newby like me. all I hvae to do now is learn how to drive Nascam, Xcam and mdcamd.
    So a busy time ahead (will drive the Mrs nuts!).
    I have been searching the forum on how to execute the various plugins and I am getting there but the one thing I cannot find is any channel lists associated to the various plugins, there is probably a good reason for this, however a pointer is needed if only to find out if the plugin is working.
    The Free Tv+ does load, however only the You Tube option seems the work, downloading videos or the EarthTv function does not, I get a pop saying cannot download video. Any ideas?
    Ps my stb is an STC6000
    Last edited by geoffh; 29-07-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffh View Post
    ColdAsIce,
    Thank's for this compilation of plugins,very helpful for a newby like me. all I hvae to do now is learn how to drive Nascam, Xcam and mdcamd.
    So a busy time ahead (will drive the Mrs nuts!).
    I have been searching the forum on how to execute the various plugins and I am getting there but the one thing I cannot find is any channel lists associated to the various plugins, there is probably a good reason for this, however a pointer is needed if only to find out if the plugin is working.
    The Free Tv+ does load, however only the You Tube option seems the work, downloading videos or the EarthTv function does not, I get a pop saying cannot download video. Any ideas?
    firstly , when asking questions you should always state your model number , do not assume others know which icecrypt you own as details between models will vary , same as they do on any make of box ( or car for that matter )

secondly , I dont think you will find mgcamd on the icecrypt , the glossary of terms used is here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ed-on-Icecrypt

the glossary also tells you which emulation it is emulating , which usually refers to the dreambox for its terms of reference , like cccam , newcamd or mgcamd

an emulator does not have a list of channels associated with it , hence no channel list will be available , in most cases it depends which "extras" you have added as to what will decode

if its a ucas emulator then the softcam published on the forum has a list of packages associated with it ( notice I said packages , not channels , so generally speaking its the broadcaster package you refer to , although you may get the odd channel listed as opening as well as the package )

any other plugins are just emulators and without a server line will rarely open anything due to the fact that its your job to provide the line and also your job to know what packages that line will open ( but as stated in the rules we dont discuss what cs lines will open , or where to get them from either )

the nasscam was a one off plugin as it has its own server ( so has a list of packages afaik )

so basically the plugin is the tool (or tools) to aid and abet you to add the "extras" , not an all in one solution

do not assume that buying a box gets you loads of "free" scrambled channels , it doesnt
    it gets you loads of free "free to air" channels , and you normally provide the extras yourself

3. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

pepoliv (02-07-2017)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Echelon,
    Thanks again for your words of wisdom.
    Life has taught me never to assume anything, infact one of my golden rules when running my own engineering department to my staff was "assumption is the mother of all ****ups" and it worked really well. I have modified the post as suggested.
    In the plugin posted by ColdAsIce mgcamd is part of the package, so just expanding on that

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffh View Post
    Echelon,
    Thanks again for your words of wisdom.
    Life has taught me never to assume anything, infact one of my golden rules when running my own engineering department to my staff was "assumption is the mother of all ****ups" and it worked really well. I have modified the post as suggested.
    In the plugin posted by ColdAsIce mgcamd is part of the package, so just expanding on that
    and yet you still did not mention your model number !!

assume is made up of ass , u , me , which is another thing about the word

I hadnt noticed the new plugin due to all the recent changes made by the forum owner

but mgcamd has plenty of info associated with it in various sections like the dreambox section , and as it states its a client plugin you would assume it can accept lines from cccam , newcamd and mgcamd , possibly oscam or other emu cams as well

being a client its totally dependent on what is being sent to it , so again that would mean contacting the person supplying you with the host line
    the same would apply to anyone supplying you with a cccam host , newcamd host , oscam host or any other emu host for a list of channels or more likely ,
    a list of packages that you should be opening

seems to me that in general they are just covering all the bases by allowing you to use whichever plugin you are familiar with ( or need ) to receive from others , it may well be that you may be able to use the plugin with a sotfcam , same as on other boxes ( or coconut ? )

the point here being the tools are supplied , what you do with said tools is up to you , but apart from using say coconut or a softcam to open ucas channels
    ( the old patch methods ) , or nasscam which is a p*y server at the end of the day , or using your own card like some do , then you are limited to fta channels like I said earlier

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

ColdAsICE (29-07-2011), todray1 (27-10-2011)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Echelon,
    Thanks again for you response. I did modify my original post to show the stb model number stc 6000

8. The Following User Says Thank You to geoffh For This Useful Post:

echelon (29-07-2011)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks Echelon,
    I couldn't put it better myself.
    I only supply the tools and I try to cover all the bases(not always very successfully)
    hopeful you guys can use them.

geoffh,

Regarding Free TV+
    Have you tried doing a factory reset?
    Don't forget to do a system data store before the factory reset so you don't lose your Channel/timer settings.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ColdAsICE For This Useful Post:

echelon (29-07-2011)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks ColdAsIce, I will give it a go

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I have icecrypt 3500.
    And I am looking in my plugins that are already installed.
    On the box.

And i cannot fined newcam.and was wondering
    is there another plugin equivalent to newcam?

I was told to put my details in the newcam
    but there is no newcam installed.
    Thanks john

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by john777 View Post
    I have icecrypt 3500.
    And I am looking in my plugins that are already installed.
    On the box.

And i cannot fined newcam.and was wondering
    is there another plugin equivalent to newcam?

I was told to put my details in the newcam
    but there is no newcam installed.
    Thanks john
    clearly you have not read the glossary of terms I posted here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ed-on-Icecrypt

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Yes just read
    Thanks