Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ka band lnb

Hybrid View

V.I.P
    Thanks

ka band lnb

looking for a ka band lnb so far with no great success going to try the eutelsat ka band sat at 9e rte testing no idea of the dish size needed but been told it's tight on ireland might be able to pick it up here on the north wales coast with a 1.8m prime focus dish freq 20.185L anyone receiving the signal in the uk
    Last edited by satwyn; 28-05-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Thanks
    There will certainly have to be a ready supply of Ka lnbs soon, as Saorsat has started test broadcasts, and several people have lashed up a temp Ka to their dishes over here, and have been watching.
    I would imagine that these lnbs will need to be very affordable, so as soon as they are released, I or someone will post here to let you know.
    As for content, well it will be an exact replica of Saorview DTT, to infill the blind spots left by the DTT transmitter network.
    I live in Ireland and my wife watches RTE for one hour a week, otherwise it's Freesat.
    See these links for more info.

_http://www.saorview.ie/

_http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056279953
    Last edited by excollier; 29-05-2011 at 11:55 AM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    going to try norsat on tuesday they make ka band lnbs they will hopefully supply me with one

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satwyn View Post
    looking for a ka band lnb so far with no great success going to try the eutelsat ka band sat at 9e rte testing no idea of the dish size needed but been told it's tight on ireland might be able to pick it up here on the north wales coast with a 1.8m prime focus dish freq 20.185l anyone receiving the signal in the uk
    edited by admin, please read the forum rules!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    yes had seen that one but decided against it not ideal for what is needed but could be adapted norsat make ka band lnbs will give them a ring on tuesday

Thanks
    get ready to see prices like 400$ up from Norsat LNB
    Last edited by pipino; 29-05-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Thanks
    REMOVED LIVE LINK TO ANOTHER DEALER sell them
    I got one for about £35
    tried to pick it up in Belfast very hard to get here
    Last edited by sonic1; 13-10-2013 at 02:52 PM. Reason: removed link

V.I.P
    Thanks
    never pay that much for an lnb if nothing is availble cheaper will wait untill the service is up and running then prices should be cheaper

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satwyn View Post
    never pay that much for an lnb if nothing is availble cheaper will wait untill the service is up and running then prices should be cheaper
    i just wanted to let you know ,, i have used Norsat PLL lnbs and they are realy expensive

Thanks
    guys how far one can get the signal from that Irish service? Is there a footprint?

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    well snap, I am here in west of ireland and like all things sat so just researching how to get saorsat. Its that ka band lnbf thats the stumbling block and looks odd but where to buy.

As for receiving saorsat, the rumour is not a hope in the uk and we may even struggle in east of ireland, RTE want no overfloww because of viewing rights, would cost them more.

They are going to use spot beams, this is a bit like cell phone technology, so beam frequency here in west can be reused in france say and knock out RTE beam. Or the spot in UK will stop RTE.

here is a little map that shows how its expected to pan out.

xxp://www.satsig.net/tooway/ka-sat-spot-beam-coverage-footprint-map.gif

of course these spot beams could be the future and not good but a few years away yet.

gbmitie

V.I.P
    Thanks
    yes spot beam on ireland but i could be lucky here in north wales close to the irish sea so the french signal problem hopefully can be avoided spoke to norsat and and was told £900 for ka band lnb yes it is £900 so will keep searching there is one on **** but would need modifying and the voltage i'm told is 30v so the 18v from a sat receiver will not work i think any advice on how i could power the lnbf to supply the 30v
    Last edited by satwyn; 31-05-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    wow 900 quid, well thats that for a while, it could mean RTE will get a job lot for ASO but that wont be until dec 2012. I think Ill just get a vu+ duo and fiddle with that.

Will keep my eye on things.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts

Icon6

i have RTE 1/2 via analogue aerial (fta)
    also via Soarview Digital Mpeg4 (fta)
    Also via $ K Y with any minimium Subscription to $ K Y
    But just cannott tell you the last time ive had any kinda desire to watch those channls ...
    i deffo wouldnt spend big money on an L N B ... it just simply 'aint worth it

if you really need to see something on RTE channls just use RTE player its free at least it is for me here is link to it ... :
    Code:
    http://www.rte.ie/player/#
    -----
    Barney

V.I.P
    Thanks
    it's the thrill of the chase not going to be watching the irish channels but i will get there tooway ka band will probably work if i wanted the channels 28e would be the best option with an irish sub card or even an aerial pointed at mt leinsteris also worth a go
    Last edited by satwyn; 31-05-2011 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks
    There will be affordable Ka lnbs later this year, there will have to be to get this service up and running as some people here in Ireland won't be able to receive Saorview DTT.
    I have asked my usual supplier and he says he will stock them as soon as he can get them, but it will probably be Autumn or winter before they come on the market.
    Patience and I will post when I know any more.

Som extra info if you do get a Ka lnb, thanks to Apogee and The Cush on an Irish forum

Saorsat Tp on Ka-Sat = 20185 MHz / LHCP
    Ka Band LNB LO = 18750 MHz
    IF Frequency = 1435 MHz (20185 MHz - 18750 MHz)

Ku receiver frequency displayed = 11185 MHz (IF 1435 MHz + Ku Lo-Band LO 9750 MHz)

scan that frequency with SR 25000, FEC 1/2, QPSK, DVB-S2.

It may be useful later.
    Last edited by excollier; 02-06-2011 at 10:16 AM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    been looking at e bay usa for a hughes ka band lnb but no success these apparently can be used to receive the signal on 9e with no feed needed just the lnb taped next to the ku lnb with good results

Thanks
    Yeah, thats what some over here have been doing, with good results, mostly men in the trade.
    Last edited by excollier; 01-06-2011 at 09:18 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    can't seem to find one of these lnbs not even in the usa my only concern is the french beam hope it does not cancell out the signal over here on the north wales coast

Thanks
    The news is that the Ka lnbs will be LHCP (left hand circular polarisation, no skew) and that HD/S2 boxes seem to have no problem with this.
    I would hold fire until the lnbs are released over here, they will have to be a fraction of the current prices, and will most likely be designed to fit a standard lnb collar.
    I will post details the very day I get news of a supplier and price.
    The French beam may well cancel out the Irish one in GB, only time will tell.
    Patience required.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast