Thread: weirdest HDMI \ sat problem EVER!!!

Thanks

Weird HDMI port \ Enigma 2 image \ Vertical TP problem !

i have come across the weirdest problem ever.

at first i thought it was my HDMI splitter, but i have now ruled that out.

basically, i have my sat box (Icecrypt S4000) with an E2 image on it - plugged into HDMI3 on my TV input (panasonic)

now, if i turn to channel to CH4-HD (FTA) and then change the HDMI input on my TV to HDMI1 (via the remote) for Virgin TV - and then turn the input back again (to HDMI3), the CH4-HD program will be stuck on a "still" image - sometimes saying "service not found", if i then repeat the test on CH5 the problem doesnt happen.

i thought at first it was when i used the HDMI splitter remote to cycle through the HDMI inputs on my splitter (for xbox, sat, WDTV box, etc etc)

so i eliminated the splitter out of the equation and plugged the HDMI cable straight from SAT into the TV (Input HDMI3)

if i change channel up one to CH5, the picture is back to normal, and i can then go back down to CH4-HD and the picture is fine again

how crazy is that!!!!

just changing inputs, fooks up the SAT !!!!!
    Last edited by ManikM; 01-06-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks
    maybe to do with the HDMI handshake

Thanks
    it doesnt do it on the original f/w of the sat box, so must be a bug or something, WEIRD!!

also if i "manually" change the input using the TV's input selector and not the remotes, the problem doesnt happen.
    Last edited by ManikM; 26-05-2011 at 11:33 PM.

Thanks
    OK, an update to the problem - i know whats going on now.

Ignore my previous waffle.

Basically, take the HDMI splitter out of the equation.

so the Sat is plugged in to TV HDMI port 3.

if i set the E2 image to a Vertical channel - and change the HDMI input of my TV either via the TV manually (buttons) OR the remote, and back to port 3, the satellite signal is gone (hence the frozen picture mentioned above)

IT does NOT do this on HORIZONTAL channels.

if i then flick to a horizontal channel, and back again to vertical, the picture is back.

this is fecking up my recordings.

is this a E2 issue, or a TV firmware issue do you think?

i might try the upstairs TV and see if it does the same.
    Last edited by ManikM; 30-05-2011 at 11:07 PM.

Thanks
    my hdmi splitter works my pc and hddvd if say i watch something on my pc then want to watch hddvd i have to turn the tv panasonic off at the mains
    or i get no picture

Thanks
    hmmm MY TV IS Panasonic - looking like might be a Panny problem.

my tv upstairs only has 1 HDMI port, so i cannot test, switching ports.

bah.

i REALLLLLLLY cannot beleive this problem exists, im a technical IT guy, and ive done all the simple logical checks, but i really cannot see how changing an HDMI port on my tv can interfere with a satellite signal on my sat box!!

it really is a fook of an annoying problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(ps ive elimated tuner 2, loop thru etc)
    Last edited by ManikM; 30-05-2011 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks
    Update. I am now using scart instead at least the sat sig is now constant. But picture quality has had to be sacrificed.

I was also doing some other testing last night...

If i have an Vertical channel on, with the HDMI cable hanging out, and then one by one plugging the end into each of my 3 HDMI ports, it was freezing in Port1, and Port3, but not Port2 ...BUT i was nackered.

Just found this post from another forum, similar problem to me:
    _http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r24105842-Solved-Olevia-42-LCD-kills-my-DirecTV-receiver
    Last edited by ManikM; 31-05-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Verified Registered User plaskotki's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have run another test yesteday. I installed E2 in flash memory and unfortunately I have been experiencing the same issue. Picture freezes when I switch the HDMI input. But I have to say, E2 works faster from flash.
    I decided to go back to dedicated software, which is much more stable. I will do it over a next day or two. Do you guys think I have to use ART Recovery, or can I just upload the latest bootloader via Porter Express and then install the firmware. Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    as you know, i've given up on the HDMI cable, and am using component.

its not AS clear a pciture, but its good enough, there is no WAY i'd use the original firmware now (unless i fancy a blind scan)

the CoolTVguide, EPG, the neat looking skins and the ability to cut edit recordings (using the movieedit plugin) are features i could not do without now.

Catseye is working on adding FREESAT bouqet =- so that will be great when used with cool tv guide (although its a bit laggy at the mo)

timers are working perfectly too from EPG data.

one thing I thought about that me and yuo had in common, is that we both have xbox, and virgin hd boxes - BUT but this was ruled out in my testing when i took the ICE upstairs, on a different TV, and still got the same problem.

what sat cable do you use? cheap white one, or black? admittedly i made the mistake of using cheap white coax when i installed my motorised - too much hassle to replace now.
    Last edited by ManikM; 07-06-2011 at 09:21 AM.

Verified Registered User plaskotki's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post
    as you know, i've given up on the HDMI cable, and am using component.

its not AS clear a pciture, but its good enough, there is no WAY i'd use the original firmware now (unless i fancy a blind scan)

the CoolTVguide, EPG, the neat looking skins and the ability to cut edit recordings (using the movieedit plugin) are features i could not do without now.

Catseye is working on adding FREESAT bouqet =- so that will be great when used with cool tv guide (although its a bit laggy at the mo)

timers are working perfectly too from EPG data.

one thing I thought about that me and yuo had in common, is that we both have xbox, and virgin hd boxes - BUT but this was ruled out in my testing when i took the ICE upstairs, on a different TV, and still got the same problem.

what sat cable do you use? cheap white one, or black? admittedly i made the mistake of using cheap white coax when i installed my motorised - too much hassle to replace now.
    I have a proper sattelite cable recommended by my friend who is in av/hi fi business. I have tried disconnecting everything yesterday. I only had the ice connected to the telly, still no joy. But I still have problems watching hd channels via oscam. I get pixalation and this drives me nuts! Dedicated soft is not as nice looking as enigma, but at least it is reliable. I may save some pennies and buy vu+ at some point. Now I am just hoping that I will not brick the receiver when restoring original bootloader.