Thread: How to update PMCT table in Humi 5400

Thanks

Question How to update PMCT table in Humi 5400

Hi, can someone kindly give me a step by step method on how to make my own upto-date pmct?

I understand you can use the information in Parser.

Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated

Grover

Thanks
    There will never exist an uptodate pmct because this has to do with your personal preferences and server details.

Thanks
    Sorry for not making it clear, what I was meaning to say is that I need a method to make my own PMCT file using Paser details in Humax 5400

Thanks

Grover

Thanks
    Method? Do you mean a program like pmctool to input your data?

If you have no idea of what you want to do you can make things worse. Are you having a specific problem with your existing pmctable? Otherwise you don't need to update/edit it.

Thanks
    Hi understand that you use PMCTool/Humax Turbo Suite to upload and download the table to Humax.

I would like to learn how to make my own table with my dish pointing at 28.2 Degrees.

I have tried some PMCTs from this site and they work and some don't.

So I just want to learn how to make my own. I understand that you get details from Parser and you manipulate this information to input into the table for fine tuning.

Thank you

Grover

Thanks
    See if this information will help you understand what a pmc table does.
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=76728
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=134024

Thanks

Question Just want to learn

Thanks Jimrare for you time and effort I do appreciate it.

The reason why I still asking is that I want to learn how to update a faulty PMCT to a working one. Not just download the one from website.

Some burning questions

Ant ID: How do I set this?
    Service ID: Where do I get this information from?
    CA-ID: Encryption system I understand 100, 500, 0961 etc
    ECM: Where can i find this?
    Ext/ID: Where can i find this?
    To: Where can i find this?
    Audio/Video ID: What are the options?
    Try: How do I set this to "NET"?

Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated

Grover

Thanks
    You can get some information by pressing menu -> ToH -> Parser and select parser. Make sure that PMT is highlighted otherwise use the arrows on your remote. Here you can see some basic information about what programs are carried in the ts stream. By pressing the red button you get a compact view, and by pressing the green one you will get a more detailed view of the pmt data.

You can also see some more info by pressing the ? button if i'm not mistaken.

Depending on what you want to achieve the settings you are asking for have different meanings. For example do you want to force or give priority so that a specific channel uses a specific encryption system? Do you want to force or give priority to a whole group of channels so that they use a specific encryption system? Do you want to force your box to use the internal emu for a channel or a group of channels that are viewable by keys? Do you want to use your official viewing card? Do you want to force it search through the net because you are cardsharing?

If you are cardsharing there are also other options that you should take into account such as what cards are available in your network, do a small research as to which cards are working better, are they always online?

Even if you answer some of these questions you cant be always sure of what cards are always online especially if you are in a big network, which means that instead of making things better, you might make them even worse. If on the other hand you are trying to fine tune your private server which you can control 100%, then things get much easier.

Thanks
    Hello Grover 2000

Lets say you cannot access a channel because of your Pmct
    Here is how to add the line for that channel to your Pmct.
    EXample: You cannot access Discovery Channel on Hellesat 39E because its caid is not active in your pmct.
    On Humax remote press Menu- Toh- Parser- Parser again-Blue button-
    The caid for Hellesat 39E is 0604. So you press on 0604 and that line will be added to your Pmct.The number being used will be in green.
    This is only a temporary measure as when you switch off your Humax decoder that line will be deleted.
    In order to save the line you will have to send the whole Pmct to Pc and send it back to decoder again with Pmctool.
    This is good to use if you hava a few channels that you need to add to your pmct. Quite a long process to do for all your channel list as each channel will have to be done indivually.
    First you have to find out what the caid No. for 28.2E is.

Is this what you were looking for?
    Chicka
    Last edited by chicka; 14-03-2011 at 01:20 AM.

Thanks

Question

Chicka thank you very much but I want a sole PMCT table for 28.2E nothing else, I am not bothered about other channels.

As this is not quite clear to me, maybe one of the more able members can make one for me? Caid 0961

Any help on the matter is greatly apprecated

grover

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grover2000 View Post
    As this is not quite clear to me, maybe one of the more able members can make one for me? Caid 0961
    For a quick fix you can go to menu hot parser, and see if 0961 is highlighted. If it is then you are ok. Otherwise move to the correct caid and hit the ok button. However once you restart your box you will have to do it again.

For a permanent fix. Look at your pmct and you will see several lines starting with 002A. Next to them you will see different caids. These caids are checked by order. You only need to place 0961 higher than any other possible caids that SKY UK channels might have.

Also to force it only through net, find a line which starts with 0021 and has caid 0961 and place a 3 at the very last section. Your line should look like this
    Code:
    0021 0000 0961 0000 0000 0000 0000 0003
    The 3 at the end tells your box to look only through net, while the value 0 means to check through all available possibilities (keys, card, net). However remember that if your 0961 card is offline your channels will not clear through some other available card with some other caid. Only 0961 will be checked. If your pmct is already like this then your problems are definitely not due to a faulty pmct.
    Last edited by jimrare; 15-03-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Thanks

Icon14

Thank you Jimrare.

I have tried the settings you mentioned and this is working likea charm. Box is not feezing either.

Thank you very much.

Grover

Thanks
    Just to make things clear to you and others who might be reading this thread as well, there is no way a pmct can solve freezing problems.

If your caid for example was not included in the pmct you wouldn't clear the channels AT ALL. Also the last line is just for fine tuning and will save you a few tenths of a second when zapping channels. What happens is that the last field is usually set to 0 which means that first the card is checked if it can clear the channel, then the internal emu and finally it checks through the net. Again If this was set to 1 which means card, or 2 which means emu, you wouldn't clear the channels at all.

Thanks

Question

I have tested the new configuration, thanks to Jimrare, throughout the night.

I stand corrected that whilst channels are now clearing the box is still prone to freezing occasionally as opposed to switching on and freezing.

Jimrare, do have any advise on the freezing issue?

Any help on th emater is greatly appreciated

Thank once again

Grover

Thanks
    The best way to eliminate freezing is by purchasing your own sub. Payservers will always be like that, unless some good friend of yours is running his own private server, with only a few users in it.

Thanks

Icon9

Hi Jimrare, whilst the PMCT clears the channels, sorry for not clarifying this but what I was supposed to say is the box hangs/crashes, remote dosen't work except for power button. Box is forced by power off and on again.

I understand payserver setup and this is prone to picture freeze, which I don't have an issue with at all.

Any help on the matter is geatly appreciated

Grover

Thanks
    First you say that some pmcts you tried are working and some are not, then you tell us you get freezes but your channels work fine and now you are telling us that what is actually happening is that your box is not freezing but hanging and needs a hard reset...

Do you get any messages on screen? Does it happen on a specific channel, is that channel free to air or encrypted?

Thanks
    Sorry for the misunderstanding the box has always crashed/hanged. I have been confusing freezing with this sorry. I have replaced all the caps, zener and resistor.

The PMCT has helped to clear the channel and stopped the box from hanging/crashing as frequently as it did before.

Initialy the box just crashed on startup. I got as far as card accepted and crashed/hanged.

Now new PMCT all channels clear but box crashes/hangs after 10/20mins into c/s on encrypted channels only. FTA are fine and box operates fine no issues.

Thank you for your patience

Grover
    Humax Sharemax 5.41 with Humax 5400 not Z