Thread: The Good Ole Days

Thanks

The Good Ole Days

Sorry started this a bit from the one of the other threads deserved to be a new one on its own right. Its the equipment we used to have to decode the old channels of analog days.

I remember my first receiver that had a filment box on it, I bought it I belive it was the good old combi 99 they where everywhere in the magazines at the time. Think I got mine out of good old what sat magazine. I used to have an 80 cm dish and a lnb the size of jordral bank on it. The day it came I pluged it in and was amazed with a filmnet channel.

Anyone else remember some of the old gear to pick channels up with.

Thanks
    My D2Mac decoder plugged into back of my pace MS290 receiver.
    I used a simplex keypad for inputting the lines of keys to decode the channels.

Ed

Thanks
    Still got all the old Stuff in my shed that opened ALL [ Pace Reciever , simplex keypad ect ect ] Might be worth something in the Future [ Dont Think so ] LOL

The Good All days were the Best

Thanks
    I used to have an old uniden d2mac decoder, also with a simplex card, also used to have an old luxcrypt rtl5 decoder, along with a stand-alone videocrypt decoder for sly!

Thanks
    my pace mss1000 with a d2mac decoder.. i think where i used to go onto tv1000 and it used to sit there and make horrile noises for 20 mins and then the picture used to appear

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Forgot all about Wot Sat mag apart from, if I remember right, some reporter giving a synopsis of the adult channels and the the content/flavour of the month. I couldn't believe what opened when D2MAC first opened for me. I'm sure I used to ring a telephone number up North to get an updated string of code numbers to enter into, was it a simplex card? Also Elvis was not only King of rock and roll, but also programmers! Happy Days or What Sat!! Not so good these days in our hobby wouldn't you agree.

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

Banned
    Thanks
    i remember my fimnet/tv1000 wired card,,, to get the keys i had to phone a recorded message at west cliff on sea( nr southend!!!)

Thanks
    I had an Echostar lt 8700 with d2mac and videoguard decoders. Cost around £800
    I used to ring a recorded message for the C+ keys on 1w (funny how they used to change around 3pm on Saturdays)
    For TV1000 changes it meant a trip to the shop to get the card updated for a fiver.

That was before I found Phills site and learnt how to do it for free.

There was also a Norwegian guy before Phill who used to run a site with the latest keys who ended up in jail. Anyone remember him?

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,515 Times in 812 Posts
    I bought a analogue C+ norway d2mac AU card for about £80 and it worked continuosly for years untill they shut analogue down, it was a real bargain.

Thanks

good old days

Done all the above & more, still getting more than my fair share of sat tv from my new VU+duo

regards painter

Thanks
    Found my old battery card yesterday wonder if it still works

Thanks
    In 20 years time they'll all be saying . "Yeah my first box was a Dreambox 800HD and I used to c/s using the Internet " . No doubt they'll be using retinal scans in the future to access channels

Sammy

Thanks

good old days

No prizes for guessing what this is found two of them the other day, another gizzmo for sat tv.

regards painter
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ssjenkins View Post
    In 20 years time they'll all be saying . "Yeah my first box was a Dreambox 800HD and I used to c/s using the Internet " . No doubt they'll be using retinal scans in the future to access channels

Sammy
    yes

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ssjenkins View Post
    No doubt they'll be using retinal scans in the future to access channels

Sammy
    Don't be giving them ideas!

Verified Registered User PLANTPOT's Avatar
    Thanks
    Who can remember the Rolls Royce of sat receivers?
    Has to be the Chaparral/SCT Monterey,if I remember rightly it was about 2 grand or more depending on which options you went for,they just don't make them like like they used to.
    It was a very expensive hobby back then.
    I didn't have the Chaparral as it was a little out of my price range at the time,had to make do with a cheaper Echostar LT8700,now that really was a classic machine.-PP

Thanks
    I started off with a Nokia sat 1700mk2 then got a Nokia D2Mac decoder and card the, D2Mac cost an absolute fortune and i had to take the card back to the shop 15 miles away when codes changed to be re-programmed which wasn't very often in those days , as soon as you could get the cards you could update via the remote control i got one of those, and later an Elvis.
    When TV1000, Filmnet and the 3 TV3's left Astra19E i got an IRTE Omnisat motor to follow them over to 1w, the motor was later connected to my hummy for it's entire life and is now happily connected to my VU+Duo and is easily the oldest bit of kit i am still using.
    Regards,
    snapperoonie.

Thanks
    I started with an Amstrad (think it was called an SRX100) with a whopping 16 channel capability. Then came the modified DMAC receiver used as a decoder with a steam driven laptop (it didn't even have a hard drive) running Voyager software and a home built Season interface.
    Good old days.

Bigphil

Thanks
    I suppose I started later than many of you......started with Humax 5400 mid 90s with gold cards etc etc.....

Haven't had much to do with the sat technology at all, for the past 7 years or so.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I started with a Nokia D2Mac and fixed dish, but later got a little black box for £99 that got Filmnet and the Dutch RTls/Veronica etc. My wife started watching the "bold and the beautifull"on RTL and when that moved to 1w I got a motorised dish to follow it. I used to travel 40 miles to get the long green card updated about once every three months. Later got a Tm 5500cip and Dragon. Finally a TM6900HD super combo.
    I seem to remember the Nokia and dish +setup cost about £1500!!