Thread: echostar 3000ip via & Ant1 Europe...

Thanks

echostar 3000ip via & Ant1 Europe...

Was wondering whether the built in cam on this receiver is enough to decode the channel Ant1 Europe on Hellas Sat 2 (39.0E) if I managed to get an official viewing card ?

if not can I buy a 'newer' VIA cam and slot it into the spare slot and put the card in - will it work on this receiver ?

Or is there another way with this receiver ?

Thanks
    Hi mate,

You can watch it without a official card (for now at least) as for the cam itself I have a built in cam on mine and it don't work on its own. I have a dragon with the latest firmware and it clears fine. I don't know what other gear you have but if you have season interface and fausto emulator the software you can clear much more on the receiver and probably do even more on this software too.

Incase you are wondering fausto is a software that emulates providers to work on outdated or unsupported receivers and CAMS so it renders them alive again it is a amazing tool as I use it myself to clear stations which I can't normally clear on its own. For Season Interface you can buy it from the sponsors it is not that expensive you will need that to run fausto without fausto is useless.

Hope this helps my friend.

Thanks
    I think the channel is no longer fta. it was free for quite some time up until about a week ago.
    I only have this receiver and nothing else. Are you saying simply getting a dragon cam and loading the latest firmware (or does it already come pre-loaded with the latest firmware) will allow us to watch the channel ? when you say dragon cam do you mean the diable 2 cam or the lite version ?
    Is there some kind of cable/equipment I need to buy additionally in order to load the latest firmware (If I need to) on the dragon cam ? I have a PC and laptop with usb ports galore, but no pcmcia ports.
    With regards to a 'season Interface' - i presume this is some kind of other cam. The same questions reagrding loading software/firmware will apply for this too. Does this method allow the viewing of any other greek channels on hotbird or hellas sat ?

Would both options work on this kind of receiver ?

btw, thanks for the advice !
    Last edited by amichael; 31-10-2010 at 09:11 PM.

Thanks
    Hi mate,

Yes it was free to air for a while until the switched came however when 2.6 ended up being smashed ANT1 by chance happen to clear so if you had a Diablo or Dragon you can clear it no problem.

Season Interface resembles a card you put into a card reader it has a serial cable attached to the device using Fausto with the piece of hardware is relatively quite easy (well for me at least anyway) it can clear not just ANT1 but BULSAT on Hellas Sat2 so handy for watching football matches and other things too so worth the little extra investment my friend.

If you have Dragon or Diablo 1 or 2then great just upload the latest software on either of them then you should unlock ANT1 on your receiver and pray it lasts as well as I hate to lose it in the end.

Thanks
    OK thanks for that.
    So my shopping list will be:
    1 dragon cam or diablo lite (the others are more expensive)
    1 cas2 programmer
    ....and then the latest dragon cam software hunt begins.

I read somewhere you can use a loader card in the dragon cam to program the card so that you don't damage the dragon cam, but do they then mean you can use the card directly into the installed VIA cam in the receiver ?

I see most programmers have to connect using a serial Rs232 connection - most laptops do not have one anymore !

Thanks
    Hello amichael.

Funny I use my laptop for Fausto with the season interface I had some issues first but got it to work with some help from massare team on that one.

Now for you get a usb to serial adapter from ebuyer.com which is what I got mine from then it should have a cd driver with it for the device to work with the laptop which is straight forward installing process from the disk. For Fausto to work you need to set the ATR Baud rate to 7200 for Dragon or Diablo before you get fausto to work you need the latest keys and you need to set the Caid idents on the season interface tab for me 'Caid irdeto 2 0604' for Bulsat for example which works a charm once you get it right.

For Dragon you need a loader card but with Cas3 you should have a dummy card you can connect to cas3 and Dragon to program the latest update on the cam which takes ten minutes then cam should work fine on the receiver before you use it select a free to air station first for it to initialise then go to a scrambled station then should be fine.

Thanks
    I've seen someone selling this:
    Dragon 4.1(Twin) cam Programmed with latest file and software. Loaded with predator 3.8

Would this work on it's own ? Obviously if things change I would then need to buy a programmer.
    Last edited by amichael; 03-11-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Thanks
    Hi mate,

Yes it is better to have a programmer when I did not have one it was a pain having to go to the shop to get mine done so never looked back since then so I recommend it to you amichael.

Thanks
    yeh, thanks I will aim to get a programmer. As the cam will be used purely to view ANT1 Europe can I even get away with manually entering the keys via the cam menu on the receiver (if there wikll be a menu) or does it not work that way. i.e there are no keys as such, it will be another firmware upgrade ?

Thanks
    Hi amichael once again,

Don't worry about entering keys for ANT1 it is on the latest firmware for the dragon or Diablo depending which CAM you are using so should be fine after programming the latest files from Cas3 my friend.

Regards,

sstylianou1976