Thread: Vu+ Duo or Dreambox 8000?

Thanks

Vu+ Duo or Dreambox 8000?

Hi. I have a 800HD with a Triax motorised dish. It's setup fine with Dream Elite but I'm having big problems with it's performance - watching while recording HD results in a lot of interference - after a lot of research, it looks like the DM800 simply isn't up to it. I'm looking at other options and if I'm going to get a replacement, I'm getting one with two tuners.

The DM800 processor is listed at 300MHz while the DM80000HD is listed at 400MHz. There is nothing listed against the VU+ Duo but I was told by my installer that it works a lot faster then my DM800.

I'm just looking for some advice from VU+ Duo users to see if they have any problems watching and recording a HD program at the same time. Any other instances of poor performance?

I also need to make sure that I can setup cccam and it looks like I can.

Thanks

Thanks
    I think that nowadays, the conviction buy vu+duo and the rest of the money you have fun for a bit with some nice girl

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post
    Hi. I have a 800HD with a Triax motorised dish. It's setup fine with Dream Elite but I'm having big problems with it's performance - watching while recording HD results in a lot of interference - after a lot of research, it looks like the DM800 simply isn't up to it. I'm looking at other options and if I'm going to get a replacement, I'm getting one with two tuners.

The DM800 processor is listed at 300MHz while the DM80000HD is listed at 400MHz. There is nothing listed against the VU+ Duo but I was told by my installer that it works a lot faster then my DM800.

I'm just looking for some advice from VU+ Duo users to see if they have any problems watching and recording a HD program at the same time. Any other instances of poor performance?

Thanks
    Hi
    Vuduo has broadcom mips 400MHz processor.

Br,Q

Thanks
    the post title could have been 3 Vu+ Duo or 1 Dreambox 8000?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nomad View Post
    the post title could have been 3 vu+ duo or 1 dreambox 8000?
    :d:d

Thanks
    du+ is the best 100%

Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,241 Posts
    I have had my VU+ Duo for a couple of weeks now and really can't fault it. Ok it doesn't have four tuner slots but it does pick up weak signals on my 1.2m dish and with the mini dish gives better bad weather signals. Iam running VTI 2.1 image at the moment with a 500 gb hard drive and a 2 gb USB stick for a swap file. It just sits there doing what it should while connected to the internet.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormac View Post

Thanks
    the speed on vu is 405 mhz

Thanks
    just bought a vu+, did have db800

only had i it 2 days and i love it to bits

VU+ ==== 1000%

regards

mark