Thread: HELP, Reciever became unresponsive

Thanks

Icon9 HELP, Reciever became unresponsive

Hi All,
    I am no expert in reciever in satellites and I never connected my reciever to PC or downloaded anything for it so the reciever is like I bought it, My reciever is Technomate TM3000D

Yesterday and i was looking for a channel that is broadcasting the Basketball world cup, I madr something I would say it is rather silly, I made my reciever to do a blind search over all the satellites there, I thought maybe I will find a channel that is broadcasting the games of the world cup.

The result, after arround two hours the reciever is searching for channels through all the satellite, I got a warning message on the tv screen saying, TV Channel list is Full, ok so I pressed exit to go back to the channels, and the reciever Froze. stoped responding, I turned it on and off a hundred times with no answer, it still goes to the technomate picture ( the blue background) it says boot on the reciever small screen, and than it stops responding, all the lights in the reciever are on, stuck on 001 channel ( maybe as there is no screen). the standby power I think it is red, but yesterday it became red and green together for some time , which is weird.

I tried to do go to the diagonistic page, like i read on this forum somewhere by pressing power button and up button on the reciever for 10 seconds, still did not work.

can anyone please help me, I will go and buy a null modem cable, and connect it to my pc but I don;t know what firmware to download and how to do it.

N.B.: my satellite dish is made towards east, as I usually set it up for two satellites, Hotbird and arabsat.

I will be very thankful if anyone can help me,
    thanks a lot for your time and sorry for my long message
    Last edited by aymanh; 29-08-2010 at 08:08 AM. Reason: forgot to mention brand

Thanks
    hi, I just bought a serial cable, and i connected to my pc and my reciever, installed the loader, uploaded the firmware, autodetect port, and click on transfer, it says transfer on the computer, and it stays like this for a very long time, no error message, nothing displayed on my reciever, and nothing changing, anyone please help,

thanks

Thanks
    power receiver off. start the loader (is the one for your receiver?) load patch, start upload, program should tell you to switch on receiver? Normally you would get an indication on front panel or TV loading is taking place?

Thanks
    Thanks for your reply Giga,
    Unfortunatley nothing seems to be working, I am really confused as I am not sure if my connection is working, I followed what you instructed and even that the reciever was off, I was still getting trasnferring on the software and did not ask me to turn on the reciever, I am really not sure if my connection is fine now.

i will keep on trying today, if all fails, I am buying a new reciever as the wife keeps nagging about her favorite program she was following and not being able to watch it because of this basketball game I was trying to get:(

anyway thanks a lot

Thanks
    If it is a 3000D: last resort: found this: some instructions inside.